Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i doubt it (actually it's only about 2 and a half. seasons 1 and 2 were about a year then they spent a year on new caprica and now they've been off new caprica for about six months if not less). consider how far out they are now. they must be light years away from the colonies and what purpose would they have to go out that far other then exploration.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yeah i agree. They are far out. Their first jump was beyond the red line or something, so no one had jumped that far. Plus they keep moving away from the Colonies towards Earth. I'd be very surprised and suspicious if any Colonial ships showed up so far out...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I supose it would be cool if they did find one and found it abbandoned or something but I don't see how they'd be able to do it with any sort of credibility.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

My thoughs about why there were only twelve battlestars in the begining is the shear amount of resources each represent, may be it was the only way to build a fleet rapidly (after all they weren't exepting the original revolt). One battlestar was supported by one colony. After the war, by the time of the cylon attack the fleet had been expanded to 120 vessels (most if not all battlestars) as the colonies economy and industrial complexs grow large enough to support more units, espically as they new the cylons where out there.

P.s. a couple of ways to introduce other vessels:
          Religous mission to find the 13 colony and prove the scriptures
          During first war the politial/military leadership though they faced defeat and sent an 'ark' mission off to ensure survial of some people or to get help.
          But basically the fleet stumbles on them.

Comment

BSG dosen't just mean "Battlestar Galactica"...the Pegasus emblem has BSG 63 on it.

BSG = "BattleStar Group" similar to a modern-day aircraft carrier and all it's suppport ships.

It just happends that the ship of the show is named a "G" name ala "Galactica"

SO SAY WE ALL
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tokm2k View Post
              Maybe we'll see older designs of ships.. or just more recent ship designs on the spinoff Caprica (prays it goes ahead and doesn't get canned!)

Tom
              Yeah. I can't wait to see Caprica. We will hopefully get to see some of the other Colonies as well, and more battlestars.
              Mmmm... Chunky.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X