X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From SciFi Talk:

Richard Hatch - Battlestar Galactica

Wed, 15 February 2006

Actor, Writer, Motivantional Speaker, are just some of the adjectives to describe this talented individual. Richard not only played the original Captain Apollo in classic series, but now also stars as revolutionary leader, Tom Zarek in the new series. Great insights on the new series and working with the new cast. Richard will be a guest this summer at Timeless Destinations.

Direct download: RichardHatch06.mp3

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I think Zarek's charachter is pointless, written in just to apease the former Apollo who can't move on with his life and over 25 years later is still hanging onto his brief moment of fame.

I also hate babies and small puppies.
      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

You might be right about hatch hanging on to long but you put alot people in that place and they would do the same that. That Said Zarek is a conterpoint to the goverment but is guess your right he never going to be the more than thorn in that side that always does what is in line with Adama and Rosin when it comes down.
        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

I think Zarek is one of the most interesting characters on the show..who makes
          perfect sense. Hatch's character is street smart when it comes to the underbelly of Colonial politics. He most likely will be Baltar's chief advisor if not
          vice president. He lives outside of the Cylon and Military conflict storyline.....he is clearly a product of politics and dealings that made the 12 colonies what it was.

And most likely will be in politics where ever the fleet decides to settle.

RM did good in getting Richard Hatch on the show.......the actor has a real presence that outshines the "old" Apollo on TOS...and has a more grittiness and believablity. For all his faults...Zarek works smart in all his storylines.
          He isn't a cartoon character that "twirls a melodramatic mustache" nor
          a shiny suited hero who does the same thing every episode. Zarek is clearly
          a tragic figure who wants redemption in some form.....or to work an agenda
          for his own beliefs.
          Last edited by dec55; 19 February 2006, 10:08 PM.
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
            I think Zarek's charachter is pointless, written in just to apease the former Apollo who can't move on with his life and over 25 years later is still hanging onto his brief moment of fame.

I also hate babies and small puppies.
            zarek ain't pointless, he's even underused

Are you some TOS fan that is bitter because your hero decided to betray you/sell out by guest starring on TNS?

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
              zarek ain't pointless, he's even underused

Are you some TOS fan that is bitter because your hero decided to betray you/sell out by guest starring on TNS?
              No, I hate TOS, I just also find Richard Hatch's charachter as awful. He (in my opinion mind you) seems rather pointless. I dunno, maybe because the charachter is so underused that I haven't gotten any feel for him yet. But I just feel like it's a charachter kinda thrown in.
              Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

as long as he seems so in your opinion, it's ok. i'll start to worry if he seems so in reality too j/k

Comment

Originally posted by userfriendly
                  as long as he seems so in your opinion, it's ok. i'll start to worry if he seems so in reality too j/k
                  Wait...my opinion isn't absolute fact??

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                    I think Zarek is one of the most interesting characters on the show..who makes
                    perfect sense. Hatch's character is street smart when it comes to the underbelly of Colonial politics. He most likely will be Baltar's chief advisor if not
                    vice president. He lives outside of the Cylon and Military conflict storyline.....he is clearly a product of politics and dealings that made the 12 colonies what it was.

And most likely will be in politics where ever the fleet decides to settle.

RM did good in getting Richard Hatch on the show.......the actor has a real presence that outshines the "old" Apollo on TOS...and has a more grittiness and believablity. For all his faults...Zarek works smart in all his storylines.
                    He isn't a cartoon character that "twirls a melodramatic mustache" nor
                    a shiny suited hero who does the same thing every episode. Zarek is clearly
                    a tragic figure who wants redemption in some form.....or to work an agenda
                    for his own beliefs.

I think TPTB have made him a bit too dark. He obviously has his own agenda but I can´t figure it out. Even if he rose to power he would need the military for protection. About him and Baltar, Baltar needs someone to take over as he knows nothing about politics....and I wonder, where the hell is Wallace Grey when he is needed?

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER
                      I think TPTB have made him a bit too dark. He obviously has his own agenda but I can´t figure it out. Even if he rose to power he would need the military for protection. About him and Baltar, Baltar needs someone to take over as he knows nothing about politics....and I wonder, where the hell is Wallace Grey when he is needed?
                      living with boxey and captain Kelly

Comment

History says that society became patriarchal because the burden of labor became less due to agricultural advancements, thus allowing people time to discriminate, and women had less time to fight for rights because they still had to take care of the children.

Comment

don't watch the Office, but if they managed that, I'd definately do that ep.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Great interview. He also talks about keepign the Pegasus around and curing Roslin's cancer, among other things:

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3206/2/

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3207/2/

Watch out for spoilers though...

Comment

Download is gonna rock......Grace always wanted to see Boomer and Six interact. And now we actually see them together and their point of view. And looks like Grace
                              is gonna pull double duty in both A and B plots.....
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Oh how I hope Pegasus does stay around for the long haul!! The Beast RULES!

Comment

Working...
                                X