Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look forward to "more of Katee in the last episode."

Comment

Tricia's natural hair color is honey-blonde, like Gina's hair. Six's hair is white-blonde. Tricia used to die her hair, but that caused some of it to fall out, so now she wears a wig to play Sixes other than Gina.

Comment

If only the rest of the original cast would follow his example.

Comment

Most of them do. Not participating and being openly against it are different things entirely. It's only that ass Benedict who hasn't had a steady job in 25 years who ever says negative things (he's been quiet lately, though). Even Glen Larson, who originally did not like the remake, has said he now enjoys the new series, and takes regular trips to the set now.
          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
            Most of them do. Not participating and being openly against it are different things entirely. It's only that ass Benedict who hasn't had a steady job in 25 years who ever says negative things (he's been quiet lately, though). Even Glen Larson, who originally did not like the remake, has said he now enjoys the new series, and takes regular trips to the set now.
            Good to know, thanks.

Comment

I thought Larson didn't like TNS, and that he even sued to so he could get a mention as creator of TOS and earn some money of it.

And Hatch has criticised TNS, he said, when the mini aired and before he got cast as Zarek, that he only liked Olmos and The chief in the miniseries. Also he was bitter because he didn't get a continuation and universal decided to do a remake instead. But he got tired of waking up angry and moved on ... (unlike a certain other TOS star and a lot of fanatic TOS fans)

Comment

Sackhoff as face in a remake of The A-team

Comment

For those of you who are interested here is the link to Dirk Benedict's "Lost in Castration" article mentioned in this interview. Let me just say that women might not be so enamoured of this article. In fact, the first time that I read it I was certain that it was tongue in cheek. A joke. Sadly, I was wrong. As an example I'll post a wee excerpt from said article. My "favorite" part.

"Women are from Venus. Men are from Mars. Hamlet does not scan as
                  Hamletta. Nor does Han Solo as Han Sally. Faceman is not the same as
                  Facewoman. Nor does a Stardoe a Starbuck make. Men hand out cigars.
                  Women `hand out' babies. And thus the world, for thousands of years,
                  has gone round. "

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Yes, Larsons name was only put on as consulting producer when the show first started airing so he could take some money from the project, but like I said, his negative opinion has changed a little since than, as has Hatch's. I think Hatch states in every interview (as well as his scifi.com blog) that he loves the new show, even though he had some distaste for the mini.

Honestly, if the mini had only existed with itself (no series to go with it), I can see every and anyone who was a fan of TOS being ticked off. That could have been considered a quick and easy cash-in.

I'll try and find the links to the interviews with Larson....
                    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

So Trish went bald? So much for that Cylon gene...

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni
                        So Trish went bald? So much for that Cylon gene...
                        She'd still be hot bald.
                        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

From About.Com:

Lucy Lawless on Playing the Purest Cylon

From Julia Houston
                          Feb 17 2006

Click on the link to read the entire article.

A few days ago, the Sci Fi Channel provided the good news that Lucy Lawless' character on Battlestar Galactica will be featured in a ten-episode arc at the start of the show's third season. Lawless plays a fiercely dedicated investigative reporter D'Anna Biers, who has turned out to be a Cylon.

"Will you be in all ten episodes?" I ask.

"They're still writing, so nothing is certain, but I think I'm going to be in all but two of them," Lawless says.

"What angles are you adding to the character now that we in the audience know she's a Cylon?"

"You know, I just finished reading a book, The Fantasy Bond [Structure of Psychological Defenses, by Robert W. Firestone]. It's about the fantasies that we endow our relationships with, whether they're there or not," Lawless explains. "What if your mother is evil, but you can't help but love this woman? You see her as your mother. It's all about the psychology of relationships.

"I recognize this character, using this book, as you'll see. She has all the hallmarks of a friend, but there's no warmth to her. So, instinctively, you find her menacing."

"She's menacing, all right," I agree.

"I was watching her while I was doing the looping," Lawless continues, "and I'm tickled pink with the way it turned out. And I have to tell you, I'm so thrilled to be part of this team. They really have given me the greatest role I've had since Xena.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

i don't quite know if i should congratulate him or pity him for the sort of wife/girlfriend (whatever he has) that finds such a view admirable but well... how old is he again? my grandpa certainly had views that look similar antiquated today...

Comment

Geez Dirk's comments were way to rough, Women are just as (if not more so) capable then men and they do have a different way of thinking. I really like Kara's character on TNS and I'd definity suport her.

Comment

true!

actually, i think most societies are patriarchic because of the subconscious fear men have of women they are the stronger ones. we men just happen to have more physical strength, not that it would count much. ok, i wouldn't try a brawl against starbuck

Comment

Working...
                                X