No announcement yet.

BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this on digg, so I decided to share it with you guys (since it hasn't been posted yet, I think not)

Link: http://www.cgchannel.com/news/viewfe...sp?newsid=4808
    sigpic

Comment

From Relish:

Fans' devotion surprised star of 'Galactica'

By Tim Clodfelter
      Thursday, February 16, 2006

Click on the link to read the entire article. There is also Stellarcon 30 info which Richard Hatch is scheduled to attend.

In the late 1970s, actor Richard Hatch - not to be mistaken for the Survivor winner - became part of an epic science-fiction saga known as Battlestar Galactica. More than 25 years later, he's still a part of Galactica, both upholding the legacy of the original with a series of novels and playing a recurring role in an innovative remake of the series.

The original Galactica ran on ABC from 1978 to 1979, and the first few episodes were edited together into a theatrical film. Hatch played Captain Apollo, a dashing young starfighter pilot helping protect humankind from the evil Cylons, robotic aliens determined to exterminate organic life.

In the new Galactica, he plays Tom Zarek, a charismatic political activist whom some view as a freedom fighter, others as a terrorist.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Am I the only one who feels bad for Richard Hatch? He seems to be holding on to this whole Galactica thing waaaay to much. Conventions, books..."Galactica Cruises"(ugghh must be some party). It just seems like he can't seem to move on with his life. Now he's playing a (in my opinion) charachter written into the show just to appease him.

Richard...move on with your life! The show was cancelled over 25 years ago!!!
        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Well, you're wrong. Zarek is a very important character,

Comment

From Timeout New York; The Hot Seat:

Heavenly body

When Katee Sackhoff joined the crew of Battlestar Galactica, she had no idea she'd become a geek love goddess

By Howard Halle
            Time Out New York / Issue 541: February 9–15, 2006

Click on the link to read the article. Some excerpts:

In only its second season, Battlestar Galactica has reached a cultural tipping point, crossing over from cable-TV cult status to mainstream recognition. The Sci Fi Channel's remake of the short-lived '70s series about a ragtag fleet of spaceships escaping alien annihilation has been noted by such august publications as The New Yorker, and was on numerous 2005 top-ten lists—including the American Film Institute's. Much of the praise has gone to Katee Sackhoff, 25, for her star turn as Kara Thrace, a.k.a. Starbuck, the hotheaded fighter pilot who, when it comes to kicking ass, most certainly does not hit like a girl. After weathering criticism from fans of the original series who didn't like the idea of a female Starbuck, Sackhoff has settled into the character, making it her own. "At this point I've played the role longer than anyone," she says from her home in Los Angeles—where she is occasionally interrupted by barks from her Chihuahua-pug mix, Meatball.

Time Out New York: How does it feel to be a geek sex symbol?

Katee Sackhoff: [Laughs] I don't know. I guess I have my moments. It's so hard for me to think of myself that way. I'm very reluctant to start believing any of the hype, because I've never really thought of myself as sexy.

TONY: Is it true that you actually dream in character?

KS: I do. I'm insane. I have dreams as Starbuck. Dreams that I would imagine she would have, about my job on the ship, or about the other characters.

Comment

YEAH! pleeeeeease make a "A-Team: Reimagined" with katee as face LOL

Comment

I've seen the Orginal movie but I never saw the series but I had to laugh when I noticed Hatch's face on the side of my DVD and thought duh he's playing as Zarek. But I rather like the fact that Someone from the original is in the new and well Zarek has helped make some really nice plot elements.

Comment

haha Well, I like Starbuck more and more after every episode. And the longer her hair gets the better I like her so, I guess I might end up being one of those Starbuck Groupies one day.

Comment

regardless of what one thinks about the zarek character (i like him very much)... from the article: "Hatch was disappointed, but didn't want to stand in the way of the new version." - wow! i admire him just for that. what a great man, especially in the light of the behaviour other old cast members have shown...

i mean, this man was THE driving force behind a continuation - and now what? he said NOT A SINGLE bad word about RDM's work, but instead helped him and even contributes with playing tom zarek.

Comment

might end up? one day? well, you'll meet me there she's already covering my whole desktop... er, pictures of her, of course. along with gina, that is

Comment

From The National Ledger:

BSG's Tricia Helfer Not Looking for Attention

By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith
                        Feb 17, 2006

LOOKING OUT OF THIS WORLD:

"Battlestar Galactica's" Tricia Helfer is being hailed the new pin-up girl of science fiction, but the actress admits she doesn't pay too much attention to it.

"I'm kind of removed from it. In my own time, I don't look like my character. I can take the wig off and step away so it doesn't really seem to affect me much," claims Helfer, who plays Number Six on the popular show. In fact, she's proud that her character is much more than just a pretty face. "At first, people thought she was the sexy one of the show, but she's intelligent, and there's a lot more going on with her."

It's no surprise Helfer's beauty is being admired, considering she spent 10 years as a model.

Now, she's using that experience in order to host and produce "Canada's Next Top Model." "It's insane the amount of countries that have bought up this show," she tells us of the reality program, which will follow Tyra Banks' format. "It's perfect timing because Canada is actually at the forefront of top international models right now." Though she's excited about the experience, Helfer admits she was reluctant to sign on. "I haven't modeled in over four years, so certainly I was worried about taking a step back. I fought for four years to be taken seriously as an actor. There's a huge stigma that models can't act. It's taken me a while to shed that."

Click on the link to read about other actors.

Comment

yeah she's hot yet there are so many more hot and hotter chicks out there who aren't rich and famous

Comment

Why does she need to wear a wig? Isn't she blonde already?

Comment

yeah but not THAT blonde...

Comment

Excellent!! Well from the women's perspective that doesn't see her as a Sex symbol LOL.. But just as one HECK of an actress Thanks for sharing that. I highly reccommend a BSG Convention if Katee is going to be there. She is just wonderful to meet As charming and sweet in person as she is Kick butt in BSG
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X