• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica - HypaSpace Podcast: Jamie Bamber Audio Interview:

From Canada's Space Channel's HypaSpace Podcast:

http://www.spacecast.com/shows_5007.aspx

HYPASPACE PODCAST

June 6 -

BSG's Jamie Bamber, The Simpsons's Harry Shearer, The Listener's Craig Olejnik and Coheed and Cambria's Claudio Sanchez are all interviewed on this week's show. As well, we have interviews with Tim Roth and Mark Alpert, and I break into the Vault for an interview with cartoonist Jeff Lemire.

Podcast Link

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - HypaSpace Podcast: Jane Espenson Audio Interview:

http://www.spacecast.com/shows_5007.aspx

HYPASPACE PODCAST

June 13 -

Battlestar Galactica writer Jane Espenson discusses Episode 9, the legendary Stan Lee discusses the new Incredible Hulk movie along with director Louis Leterrier, and producer Gale Anne Hurd. DC Comics Editor in Chief Dan Didio discusses the new Trinity weekly, and Mark Askwith bench presses his way into the Vault for an interview with Lou Ferrigno.

Podcast Link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Media Blvd. Magazine - Jamie Bamber Audio Interview:

From Media Blvd. Magazine:

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/th...806131184.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview transcript at Media Blvd. Magazine.)

Jamie Bamber Talks Galactica!

Audio Link

Friday, 13 June 2008

By Shaun Daily and Kenn Gold

Jamie Bamber, who plays Lee “Apollo” Adama on SCI FI’s Battlestar Galactica. visited TV Talk with ShauOMac to discuss the show, and the direction that the plot will be taking in this fourth and final season.

A brief excerpt:

Shaun> How do you feel about the evolution of the character? When we first say you and him in the miniseries, he was kind of an S.O.B. with a chip on his shoulder. The character has progressed so much. I think it’s probably the character that has evolved the most in the four years the show has been on the air.

Jamie> I don’t know, some of these characters have evolved so much, they’ve turned into robots. There isn’t that sort of dull short arc amongst any of the characters. It depends on which one you’re thinking about at any one moment, as to which one’s gone the furthest. But yeah, like all of them, he has grown up. His is a story, as I think everyone’s is, about identity and discovery and who you are in the face of tremendous adversity and these amazing events do force you into positions that you would never be in. It’s sort of life and death times a 100 and Lee’s been through that just as much as anybody, and had a few career choices. He’s unique in that he’s sort of stuck in this family. No body else is really in a family way at the beginning of the mini-series. He’s with his dad and forced into a relationship with his dad, that he’s kind of estranged and distanced himself from. And that’s why he walks on, and he’s very teen aged and kind of angsty and rebellious in the begging. And he gradually realizes there are more important things going on than his kind of personal issues with his father. But I think every character has had to change an awful lot. It doesn’t matter who you think about.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - TV Guide Online: Katee Sackhoff Interview:

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/battlest...hoff/080613-02

(Please follow the link for the complete TV Guide Online interview.)

Interviews & Features

Friday, June 13, 2008

Katee Sackhoff on the Battlestar Finale: "I Want Closure"

by Anna Dimond

Imagine your entire world has been destroyed, and you along with less than 40,000 survivors have to fight for your lives against human-hating Cylon robots, all in an attempt to reach a planet that may or may not exist. You’ve been told you have a destiny to lead your people to the only livable planet, but that you’re also a “harbinger of death.” How the heck do you take on those burdens without being a little whacked out?

Clearly, Battlestar heroine Kara “Starbuck” Thrace is able to handle this kind of pressure because she is crazy... in a good way. Scene-stealer Katee Sackhoff has spent four seasons playing the spirited, brilliant, tom-boy fighter pilot who may be the key to finding “Earth” and saving the last remaining humans. We spoke with the actress about how Galactica has changed her, her hopes for Starbuck at the end of the series' run, and her upcoming stint on Nip/Tuck.

A brief excerpt:

TVGuide.com: You also have a guest part on Nip/Tuck coming up. What will that be like?

Sackhoff: It's exciting. I wanted to do something that would break me out of the Starbuck stereotype. I wanted to do something that completely abandoned her, so much so that people almost in a sense forgot that I played her for a while. [On Nip/Tuck] I'm the new anesthesiologist. I'm a little devil. I give it to Sean, and I make him break out of his shell. And I may get him in a little bit of trouble along the way, but it's a fun role for me. I'm tattooed, I get to ride Harleys.... It was a nice transition, a nice four episodes. And then I have a movie that we're hopefully going to start in November.

TVGuide.com: What kind role is that for you?

Sackhoff: The movie is called The Victim, and I'm very excited about it. I'm excited to actually not beat someone up for a change!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - On The Phone With The Cast Battlestar Galactica - Audio/Video Interviews:

From Canada's Space Channel:

http://www.spacecast.com/bsg/phoners.asp

ON THE PHONE WITH THE CAST OF BSG

SPACE opened up their black book and made some calls to the cast of BSG, just in time for the Spring Finale.

Tahmoh Penikett

Listen to BSG’s hunky Tamoh Penikett speak with SPACE producer Johanna Ryan about the events in the season 4 episode ‘The Road Less Travelled’.

Audio Link

Grace Park

Hear BSG’s Grace Park talk with SPACE producer Michelle Dudas about the events in the season 4 episode ‘Faith’, including President Roslin’s ties to Baltar, and the mystery of the Hybrid.

Audio Link

Baltar on himself

Listen to BSG’s ‘Gaius Balar’, actor James Callis, as he talks with SPACE producer Johanna Ryan about his character’s journey through the fourth season of the hit show.

Video Link

Jamie Bamber on Sine Qua Non

Listen as BSG’s ‘McDreamy’, Jamie Bamber, speaks with producer Johanna Ryan about the 4th season episode ‘Sine Qua Non’, offering his insight on the show, and on actors Michael Hogan and Mark A. Sheppard’s acclaimed performances of their characters.

Audio Link

Gaeta

Hear BSG’s Alessandro Juliani, AKA ‘Felix Gaeta’, chat with producer Johanna Ryan about the happenings on the 4th season episode ‘Guess What’s Coming To Dinner?’

Audio Link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Behind The Scenes Video Interviews:

From Canada's Space Channel:

http://www.spacecast.com/bsg/behindscene1.asp

Video interviews with Edward James Olmos (3 videos), James Callis (3 videos), Jamie Bamber (2 videos), Ronald Moore (3 videos), Tahmoh Penikett (2 videos) and Tricia Helfer (2 videos).

*You will need Windows Media to view these clips

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi Guys: Edward James Olmos Audio Interview From The SciFi Guys:

http://www.dtrn.co.uk/

The SciFi Guys Return This Week with Edward James Olmos

As the summer enters full flow, The Sci Fi Guys return to kick start a Summer of Sci Fi on DTRN, this week with their annual Expo Radio Rewind Show featuring special guest Edward James Olmos. [NOTE: I've contacted SciFi Guys to confirm the broadcast date and time.]

Interviewed as part of this years London Expo Radio Live broadcast (in association with The London MCM Expo) Edward, who has also worked on shows such as Miami Vice, talks to Stuart about life on Battlestar and much more.

Stuart is also joined on the show, which will take a look back at the recent London MCM Expo, by special guest co-host, Tony Lee. Known for his work on titles such as X Men, British comic writer Tony Lee is currently working on the Doctor Who comic book, The Forgotten for IDW publishing and was also presenter for the comic stage at this Mays Expo.

The show will also feature an exclusive chat from the Expo with 20th Century Fox about the forthcoming X Files movie!

Alongside a review of the recent London Expo the guys will also be talking about all the news and maybe even a few reviews from the worlds of Sci Fi, Cult TV, Comics, Movies, Anime and much more.

Finally, Stuart will also be revealing more about the forthcoming DTRN Summer Of Sci Fi and how you can get involved!!

The fun starts at 8pm this Wednesday on http://www.dtrn.co.uk and will also include all the latest news and discussions on everything from Sci Fi to Cult TV and movies. In the meantime don?t forget to check out the forums for all the latest DTRN news and off air discussion.
                Last edited by morjana; 29 June 2008, 02:13 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - HypaSpace Podcast: Nicki Clyne Audio Interview:

HYPASPACE PODCAST

June 27 -

Wall-E director Andrew Stanton, Battlestar Galactica's Nikki Clyne, Lost's Matthew Fox, are all on the podcast along with 300 director Zack Snyder. As well, Natasha Eloi joins Mark Askwith to discuss movie props, and The Saturn Awards.

Podcast Link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

mary mcdonnell interviewed in starlog issue 366 (indiana jones cover<9. I´ll let you know as soon as my copy arrives

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - The SciFi World: Tricia Helfer Interview:

From The SciFi World:

Tricia Helfer interview

Date of publishing: 4th July 2008

Tricia Helfer was born in Donalda, Alberta, Canada where she was raised on the family grain farm. She fell into modeling in high school when an agent discovered her in the line up of the local movie theatre and sent her to New York. While modeling, Helfer also worked as a correspondent reporter for Canada’s “Ooh La La” Fashion Television where she realized a passion for acting during an on-camera class. This prompted her move to Los Angeles in 2002 where she quickly landed the role of ‘Sarah,’ in the two-hour premiere of the Showtime series, “Jeremiah.” Helfer memorably guest starred as a model who tries to cut off her own face on the hit series “C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation,” and the lead role of ‘Eva’ in the independent feature “White Rush.”

Helfer started 2003 off by starring in the Scifi miniseries “Battlestar Galactica” where she played the humanoid Cylon ‘Number Six’ and also filmed the lead role of ‘Farrah Fawcett’ in the “Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Charlie’s Angels” on NBC. In 2004, Helfer reprised her role of ‘Number Six’ in the first season of “Battlestar Galactica”. The show is now on its 4th and last season. Tricia just got a role in the second season of "Burn Notice". Here is a full transcript of a press conference call with her. The main topic of this interview is about Burn Notice but she speaks also about Battlestar Galactica.

A brief excerpt:

Question: Is it difficult coming into a show that’s already become an established hit? I know with Battlestar, I think you were the face of Battlestar Galactica for several months before the series, but here with Burn Notice it’s already had a season and is very well known.

Tricia Helfer: It’s always daunting going into a show as a guest in a guest role, but with Burn Notice, I honestly can’t say how wonderful they were and how welcoming they were to me. When I first signed on, Jeffrey e-mailed me and welcomed me on, and it’s just nice knowing you’re going down to an open, warm environment, and that people are looking forward to working with you and that type of thing. I sat down with Matt Nix before I went down, and we had a good chat. He gave me a bit of a story arc at that point before they had started filming. Things are still being written, so I could get a broad overview, but no specifics really. It’s definitely easier starting in the beginning with the whole cast and crew, but stepping into a show that you can see and you can see the tone of the show, it’s easier to try and fit in, knowing how they’re going and what they’re looking for. There
                      are pros and cons to both, but they were absolutely welcoming to me.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

TV Zone Special #81 already out
                        Special 2008

for your interest:

Battlestar Galactica (2000s) Exclusive
                        • A massive 60-page overview
                        • Discover the course of events so far as we recap 'The Road to Earth'
                        • Remind yourself of the nature of the enemy with our handy Cylon run-down, numbers and all!

PLUS Exclusive interviews...

Michael Taylor
                        • The acclaimed writer reveals something of what’s to come in the final season, as the Cylons slip into civil war, and Galactica nears Earth

Katee Sackhoff
                        • The lead actress reveals how Starbuck’s changed now she’s returned from the dead with a new mission – or is that obsession?

Callum Keith Rennie
                        • Cylon Number Two considers his transformation from an evil killing machine with a penchant for mind-games into Starbuck’s unlikely soulmate

Michael Trucco
                        • The actor reveals how his character Sam Anders is coping with his wife’s return from the dead – and the revelation of his own true Cylon nature

Alessandro Juliani
                        • The actor behind loyal Felix Gaeta considers how three years of pressure has transformed from naïve idealist into a man destroyed by his own lies

PLUS Behind the scenes features…

Richard Hudolin and Douglas McLean
                        • The poduction designers on recreating the Battlestar Pegasus
                        With new images and designs…

Glenne Campbell
                        • The costume designer on recretaing the pre-history of Colonial fashion

Gerald Gibbons
                        • The hair stylist explains how difficult it is to find a new look for yet another Cylon Six!

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - The SciFi Guys: Edward James Olmos Video Interview:

From The SciFi Guys:

(Download at the above link.)

Interviewed as part of this years London Expo Radio Live broadcast (in association with The London MCM Expo) Edward, who has also worked on shows such as Miami Vice, talks to Stuart about life on Battlestar and much more.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

just 2 minutes long.....Mary McDonnell and Jamie Bamber at FedCon

http://www.rtl2.de/17076.html

Comment

Check out www.bamberbunnies.com

For an exclusive interview with Michael Hogan (and a really funny picture of EJO in the infamous pink bunny t shirt)

But why would I want to?

Comment

Battlestar Galactica - Space Podcast: Alessandro Julianni/Nicki Clyne Audio Interviews:

At Canada's Space Channel's Space Podcast:

SPACE PODCAST

December 19 '08

The podcast features interviews with Frank Miller, Eva Mendes, Alessandro Julianni, Nicki Clyne, LeVar Burton, and a 1998 interview with the late, great, Will Eisner

Download link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X