Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From iF Magazine:

David Eick Talks Caprica and BSG - Part 3

iF MAGAZINE gets the goods on season 3 and fresh off the presses info on the new GALACTICA spin-off series

By: SEAN ELLIOTT
    5/4/2006

Click on the link to read the full interview

Season three is just around the corner for SCI FI Channel's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, and producer David Eick is hard at work picking up after the year long jump forward at the end of season two. Taking time out from his absolutely swamped schedule Eick gave iF Magazine the exclusive scoop about the upcoming CAPRICA prequel series (which the editors here at the office have nicknamed GALACTICA: B.C.), and the return of Lucy Lawless and Dean Stockwell in season three.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

From The Movie Reporter:

Gaius Baltar, the Most Dangerous Man in the Universe (Video Interview)

by Robert Sanchez
      May 4, 2006

Dr. Gaius Baltar is by far the best character of the highly acclaimed sci fi series Battlestar Galactica. The show has an incredible cast that turns in incredible performances on a weekly basis. James Callis, who portrays Baltar, steals the show. No wonder Galactica is the best show on TV.

James Callis was on hand at the 32nd Annual Saturn Awards this past Tuesday. BSG picked up 3 Saturn awards – James Callis, best supporting actor; Katee Sackhoff, best supporting actress; BSG for best cable television show.

The IESB was able to chat with him after the awards were presented.

James spent a few minutes discussing the success of the show and by the way he does a great impression of Eddie Olmos. He promises more of the intense storylines that we have seen thus far plus the situation for our Galactica friends just gets worse and worse when they find themselves in a nightmare universe.

Link to Quicktime version of the interview

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
        ... and by the way he does a great impression of Eddie Olmos ...
        indeed i was laughing my rear off...

Comment

Only Sharon and Six are regular characters, and they wouldn't have to appear in every episode of Caprica, just every now and then. Doral, Conoy, Simon the doctor (lol), Brother Cavil, Biers, they're all guest-stars on BSG.
          Also, what if the tensions between different models of humano-Cylons (e.g. Six and Sharon) dated back to the creation of the Cylons, where the people whom the humano-Cylons were based upon had similar conflicts? I think it'd be an interesting angle to take.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the link to that. Very nice interview.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks for the link!!!!!!

much appreciated
              .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Tnx for the link

I am your father
                Noooo

Comment

thanks for the link

just around the corner???
                  thats a long corner if you ask me
                  .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix.CF
                    just around the corner???
                    thats a long corner if you ask me
                    Maybe they meant the corner three blocks away.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

From IGN:

Battlestar Galactica Cylons Speak

A Q&A with Tricia Helfer and Grace Park.

by Eric Goldman
                      May 9, 2006

Note: Viewers wary of any spoilers should be aware that the actresses discuss some initial story points of the coming season 3, though nothing that seemed like a major twist or revelation.

Click on the link to read the interview (3 pages)

Comment

From IGN:

IGN Interview: Battlestar Galactica's Grace Park

One on one with the actress about Galactica season 3.

by Eric Goldman
                        May 8, 2006

It was just a couple of months ago that I last chatted with the lovely Grace Park, who plays Sharon "Boomer" Valerii, AKA Cylon Model Number Eight, on Sci Fi Channel's exceptional series Battlestar Galactica. That previous interview occurred at the Museum of Television and Radio's William S. Paley Festival, where Galactica received another of its many well-deserved kudos. But while only one episode of Galactica has aired since then, it was a huge one; A second season finale that left fans reeling after a one year jump forward in the show's narrative occurred in the last third of the episode.

Click on the link to read the interview (2 pages)

Comment

Thanks..

Grace is just gorgeous......I am glad she is having fun on the show...
                          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                            Thanks..

Grace is just gorgeous......I am glad she is having fun on the show...
                            In my opinion, she is beyond gorgeous. I can't wait to get a load of her this coming season.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff and Mary McDonnell were interviewed in out.com

http://www.out.com/detail.asp?id=17050

Queers and Battlestar Galactica

We catch up with the sexy spaceage stars of Sci-Fi’s hit show to dish on politics, dealing with Cylons, and the show’s gay fan base.

By Matthew Breen

Last week at the Directors Guild of America in Hollywood, the producers and cast of Battlestar Galactica gathered at the William S. Paley Television Festival for a screening of the first part of the two-part season finale (the second part of the season finale airs Friday, March 10). At a private reception following the screening, we caught up with the very sexy Jamie Bamber (Commander Lee “Apollo” Adama), the fantastic Mary McDonnell (President Laura Roslin), and bombshell lesbian-icon-in-the-making Katee Sackhoff (Kara “Starbuck” Thrace).

As Lee Adama, sexy, buffed Brit Jamie Bamber is responsible for quite a feat: keeping many gay men home on Friday nights—no doubt thanks to his shirtless scenes in the futuristic co-ed locker room. Seen previously in the U.K.’s Horatio Hornblower series and in Band of Brothers, Apollo is Bamber’s first sci-fi role.

Out: What did you think about taking on this role?

Bamber: When I read that it was a remake of Battlestar Galactica, I had this sphincter-clenching, butt-tightening, remake-itis reaction. But the quality of the writing was so great I got over that quickly.

Out: What do you think of your gay fanbase?

Bamber: Well, I’m flattered about it. Amazed. I’d heard there was a gay following, but didn’t know much about it until recently.

Out: Do you approach a sci-fi role differently than you would another type of role?

Bamber: No, it’s just like a costume drama to me. There’s the military aspect to the character, so it’s like Band of Brothers in some ways.

Out: What about the special effects? Are you often working on a green screen background? How does that affect your performance?

Bamber: It’s just like theater. One has to pretend. There’s quite a lot of green screen with [the fighter planes]. You’re working with a blank canvas, and that’s a challenge I enjoy.

Out: Tell me a little about your experiences with sci-fi conventions. Those are some intense audiences.

Bamber: It’s something I never knew existed before. At first I was really scared and didn’t know why I was there! But it’s nice to know that the show has such strong appeal.

Mary McDonnell plays Laura Roslin, the former Secretary of Education who is suddenly thrust into the role of President of the Colonies when 12 home colonies of humans are destroyed. She is the one actor for whom the role was tailor-written.

Out: Mary, you’re fantastic on the show, and incidentally, I loved Donnie Darko [in which McDonnell plays Jake Gyllenhaal’s mother].

McDonnell: Thank you—and isn’t Donnie Darko a fantastic movie?

Out: One of my favorites! Do you draw on any actual political figures for inspiration for President Roslin?

McDonnell: I didn’t draw on anyone in particular; instead I draw on the feeling of unpreparedness, a woman thrust into power. I was very excited to play a middle-aged woman who discovers power.

Out: It seems to me, especially in recent episodes, that your character parallels Hillary Clinton in some respects.

McDonnell You know, I thought of that for the first time watching this episode [the first part of the season two finale]. I love Hillary Clinton. I wonder if that was something I was waiting to do [with the character] until I was ready.

Out: Roslin seems like Clinton in that she’s a progressive who has to take some more right wing–type actions because of political circumstance. In a recent episode, Roslin has to outlaw abortion to promote the survival of the species.

McDonnell: I still don’t want to think about [that episode]. That was much harder than [shoving Cylons out of the airlocks]. Instead of taking an action involved with survival, this was about taking away rights. This is not really [Roslin’s] way. It goes against everything she believes in.

Out: Are there ways in which you see yourself as similar to Roslin?

McDonnell: I see myself close to her when I am inside the moment and I am trying to take an action toward survival. You do want to be with me in an earthquake. I like taking responsibility for people. My emergency response kicks in and I take charge. Like at Roslin’s swearing-in ceremony, I could relate to her thinking, Dammit, someone’s got to do this. I share that with her. There was a funny article in the Boston Herald—well, my husband made it funny—that looked at the styles of the two TV women presidents [the other was Geena Davis as President McKenzie on Commander in Chief]—and it compared McKenzie to Clinton and Roslin to George Bush with intelligence.

[Out’s interviewer can’t help but make a face.]

McDonnell: That was my reaction too! But then my husband said, no, you’re not like an intelligent Bush but like Hillary Clinton but with better legs.

Out: You do have dynamite legs.

McDonnell: Thank you! It comes from my years as a water ballerina! I was a young Esther Williams!

Katee Sackhoff surprised the audience of die-hard sci-fi fans when she admitted that when she landed the role of Starbuck she had never seen the original series. Before beginning taping, her father, a military man and a fan of the original, suggested she give it a look. He didn’t mention that the first Starbuck was a man. Sackhoff and a friend sat down with a bottle of wine and watched a rental copy of the original. “I thought we must really be drunk because they’re talking about Starbuck. Where’s Starbuck? So we rewound it…”

Out: You know you’re becoming a lesbian icon, right?

Sackhoff: My lesbian fans are my favorite! It’s extremely flattering to have a strong female following, both straight and gay. A lot of my friends are gay men, but even when I’m out with my boyfriend [in the gay neighborhood near her home] these fabulous queens will come up to me and tell me I’m fierce. And women too—the real deal, some that look like they could beat up my dad!

Out: I think a lot of gay fans—men and women—like the gender parity in the Battlestar world. Both men and women participate equally in the military, politics. Did that appeal to you in regards to this role?

Sackhoff: Yeah, and I’m the best fighter pilot! It’s a respect thing, and I like it. I think women are just as strong and well-suited to the military role. I think we’re more emotional in general, so we’re more trained to rein in our emotions. We hold on to it better.

Out: I noticed a team of bodyguards had to line the front of the stage as you and the cast exited the screening. The fans actually rushed the stage!

Sackhoff: Yeah, it’s crazy, and the sci-fi conventions are surreal. Unfortunately I now have to be a little more guarded around fans of the show.

Out: You said in the Q&A that you didn’t know much about Battlestar. You said, “Let’s face it, I needed a job and wanted to shoot a gun.” The other cast members thought that was a riot.

Sackhoff: I know! In all the conventions we’ve done, we’ve never been asked about the casting. It was great to hear each others’ stories.

Out: You are a kick! Thanks for chatting with us.

Sackhoff: My pleasure, and, oh! You’ve got to see the finale. It’s going to totally blow you away!

Comment

From TV Guide:

Galactica Exec Spills Season 3 Secrets!

Ausiello Report
                                05/26/2006

Click on the link to read the entire interview

I don't know about you guys, but there's no more torturous time of year than the months between Battlestar Galactica seasons. This latest break has been particularly agonizing, due in large part to the sheer length of it. When Season 3 launches in October, we will have endured a six-month Cylon drought. Talk about cruel and frakkin' unusual punishment. Luckily, I've discovered the perfect cure for our separation anxiety: a major dose of scoop courtesy of David Eick! Here's my long-promised Q&A with the Battlestar exec, featuring exclusive prattle on this season's big death, the new mystery man from Adama's past and Apollo's new (and not-so-improved) physique.

Ausiello: We need some scoop to tide us over until October.
                                David Eick: It's always a tightrope walk, isn't it? I'm trying to think in terms of what is adequately titillating without blowing our wad or giving away too much. I can tell you that the character of Lee is going to be battling an emotional crisis that's manifesting itself in a change in his physique, which is something I think many Americans, unfortunately, can relate to. I'm certainly one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X