BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbuck with even shorter hair then the Mini T_T

and poor poor Anders..and I was hoping that he would last atleast more than 4-5 episodes...

Comment

Her new guy is so going to be Leoben. I just have a weird feeling about it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hi everyone! Just a quick note to let people know before Aaron hits the long creation and comic book circuit he is doing a smaller local convention in Chicago called To Be CONtinued. Its a great chance to see him more in person than in long lines. You can find more info at: www.2becontinued.com

Also, appearing non BSG:

Weta Workshop - Academy Award Winner

Robert J. Sawyer - Hugo & Nebula Award Winning Author

Javier Grillo-Marxuach - Emmy Award Winner Tv's LOST

Bob Eggleton - 9 Time Hugo & 12 Time Chesley Award
        Winner

Larry Elmore - Legendary Fantasy Artisit

Cheers!

Comment

From Bay Windows:

Frackin' A! - Chatting with Starbuck and Number 6

by Anthony King
          04/20/2006

Click on the link to read the entire interview

Come on. Don't pretend you're not a fan of the Sci-Fi Channel's Battlestar Galactica. I know you're caught up in the drama, characters, and well-written storyline as much as I am. If you can't get over the show's premise - a group of human survivors are both searching for Earth and fighting a never-ending army of robots the humans created, called Cylons - then you're missing out. The show just won a prestigious Peabody Award, the first for any Sci-Fi Channel series. Now in its 65th year, the Peabody Awards recognize distinguished achievement in electronic media, and doesn't affiliate itself with any genre. WGBH-Boston was also a winner this year, and the awards will be presented in a ceremony hosted by two-time winner John Stewart on June 5. If that doesn't convince you, learning more about two of the show's stars will. I spoke with actors Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff the week before season three started shooting in Vancouver, British Columbia. Helfer, a relative newcomer to film and television, is "Number 6" on the show: a complex, tough and sexy Cylon. She made a name for herself as a model in New York before making her move to film. On the big screen, Helfer can be seen next in the movie Mem-o-re with Dennis Hopper.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Kewl!

Thanks.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Wish I could attend.

Comment

From MediaBlvd:

The Secret Projects of Crashdown: An interview with Sam Witwer, Actor and Musician

By Kenn Gold

Click on the link to read the rest of the interview, listen to the Podcast Interview, and sound clips from the "Crashtones"

Sam Witwer is likely most well known for his stint as Crashdown on Battlestar Galactica, but has appeared in numerous other series including ER, Jag, NCIS, Enterprise, Cold Case, Dark Angel, Angel and others. He recently sat down with MediaBlvd to discuss his experiences acting on Battlestar Galactica and the other shows, and to talk about his music. Sam is the driving force behind the Crashtones and the new album, entitled Colorful of The Stereo, has recently been released.

Sam first became interested in acting when his family took a tour of Paramount studios when he was a child. The tour guide mentioned that Star Trek:TNG, one of Sam's favorite shows, was filming on a closed set that day. Crushed over not being able to see the show he loved being filmed, Sam was thrilled when the tour guide took him and his brother for a one on one talk with Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) who was studying in his trailer. "The guy talked to us for 30 minutes, while the rest of the tour group just sat by and patiently waited. That experience put it in my head that I wanted to be an actor," said Witwer. Later in school, his grades weren't that great, and he was in danger of not being able to graduate with his class.

Comment

From Cult Times:

Cylon Witness

With writing partner David Weddle, Bradley Thompson is helping lead the rag-tag fleet headed by Galactica to a new home...

by Steven Eramo

Click on the link to read the rest of the article

Having spent two years as writers/executive story editors on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Bradley Thompson and his longtime friend/writing partner David Weddle not only gained valuable insight into the Trek universe but also into how to craft Sci-Fi adventures for television. Such experience came in handy when he and Weddle accepted an offer from the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica's creator/executive producer Ronald D Moore to come and work on that series.

"David and I had worked with Ron back on DS-Nine and subsequently heard he was doing Galactica," says Thompson. "We hadn't seen him for a year or so when we got an invitation to a screening of the 2003 Galactica mini-series at the Directors Guild in Hollywood. We went and were totally blown away by what we saw. While we were there, David and I met up with Ron and told him how much we enjoyed ourselves. He suggested we get together for lunch, and on that day we continued to talk about the show and what we'd seen."

Comment

From IF Magazine:

David Eick gives iF the Scoop about Battlestar Galactica - Part 1

The genesis of creating a series that would not be a STAR TREK rip-off is revealed

By: SEAN ELLIOTT
                    4/19/2006

When David Eick was asked by Universal Studios to produce a new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TV series, he knew he wanted to veer away from anything that would be conceived as a STAR TREK rip-off. Who better to helm the writing of the series, and to keep it away from TREK themes than Moore, who had worked on STAR TREK in it's various incarnations for ten years. Thus began the creative process behind one of television's most successful and popular Science Fiction dramas on the air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Eick reveals Season 3 Battlestar Galactica Secrets - Part 2

Producer mentions new Cylons, classic BATTLESTAR guests, and some celebrity writers

By: SEAN ELLIOTT
                    4/26/2006

As the cameras ready to roll on the third season of Sci-Fi Channel's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, producer David Eick has plenty of script rewrites and planning to worry about. Taking time out from his absolutely swamped schedule, Eick chatted with iF MAGAZINE about a new Cylon for season 3, more classic BATTLESTAR GALACTICA actor cameos, and trying to reach a broader audience with a hard-core Science Fiction TV program.

Comment

From MediaBlvd:

Galactica Cast Was in the Dark About 'Caprica'

MediaBLvd Magazine
                      April 27, 2006

Click on the link for some mild Season 3 Spoilers

Grace Park says that the cast of Battlestar Galactica didn't know that the spinoff prequel Caprica was in the works until Wednesday, the same day the rest of the world first heard about it. She received a call from her manager, who read about it in Variety. Trish Helfer also sent an email out to the cast, which was the first that most of the rest heard about the show being developed.

Grace said this in an interview Thursday with MediaBlvd Magazine, which will be published next week both in the Magazine, and on the Battlestar Galactica fan site, bsgtns.com.

Comment

D'you reckon this announcement could have a negative effect on the BSG cast or crew? I hope not.

Comment

I wouldn't think so. I mean, nobody from the cast will likely have anything to do with the spin-off save - possibly - for the Humano-cylons, and even that's a real long shot.
                          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                          - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
                            I wouldn't think so. I mean, nobody from the cast will likely have anything to do with the spin-off save - possibly - for the Humano-cylons, and even that's a real long shot.
                            Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. What if the humanoid Cylons from the current series took their forms from the people who first created them?

Comment

Look for the full article, along with the podcast of the interview next week in MediaBlvd Magazine.
                              Well, I guess I have to download the podcast of the interview.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                                Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. What if the humanoid Cylons from the current series took their forms from the people who first created them?
                                That is a pretty plausible idea, but I wouldn't count on seeing it. No way they're going to work these actors on two shows like that at the same time. I think it would make scheduling hell.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X