BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattVernon
    I tend to disagree with the statement that they were out of budget money for special effects, if they were would not all of the ships been destroyed by the incoming cylons. Now they have more budget concerns - the tent city set, and the galactica set, plus any visual effects for the upcoming space battles to liberate the settlers.

No they wouldn't be destroyed, they would just use thier FTL drives to jump totally from sight for a few episodes. Its the same as if they were blown up.

Static CG tents are cheaper to produce than battling starships. In fact real tents and extras are still cheaper than some CG effects. So I tend to disagree with your reasons why shifitng from a space setting to a forest setting is somehow more expensive. It will in fact be less expensive.

Comment

I've explained my own feelings about the Cally/Chief thing in the ep discussion thread but I can understand how people might have a problem with it. I simply don't interpret it that way and I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that it MUST be interpreted that way. I do hope, however, that we'll be given a bit more context for it in S3.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who was disappointed with the finale, but while I think it might destroy the show for me, I have no doubt that Ron will be able to bull ahead and that a vast majority of the audience will follow him once more (and forever) into the breach.

I'd like some more details about S3. I know the New Craprica storyline is only supposed to last for the first four or five eps, but I'd like to know where it's going to go from there. Beyond the inevitable "continue the search for Earth" arc, that is.

Actually, I might settle for knowing how in hell he's gonna get everyone out of the hole he's dug.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Actually, I might settle for knowing how in hell he's gonna get everyone out of the hole he's dug.
        Indeed! It is going to be pretty interesting to see how this situation on New Caprica is resolved. October is too long to wait if you ask me.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Frankly they're going to have to put in 3-4 action packed episodes to get everyone back into space. Logically the occupation would seem to be a season long thing (like the occupation of Caprica itself). I think this is good for the longevity of the series. There is only so much you can take of the Colonials in space thing..good to give it a shake-up.

Comment

From the SciFi Wire:

Moore Talks Galactica Finale

Patrick Lee, News Editor
            13-MARCH-06

Click on the link to read the article. Spoilers only if you haven't seen the finale.

Ronald D. Moore, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica, told SCI FI Wire that the show's March 10 second-season finale cliffhanger sets up the third season.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I think the ending was just fine. After most of the episodes in 2.5 I think BSG could use a good shake-up. Honestly, which would you rather watch- Black Market or LDYB? Yeah that's what I thought. Besides, with season 1 on DVD who wants RM to keep repeating the same storylines anyways?
              I just can't wait to find out exactly WHAT happened in that skipped over year. What happened between Lee and Kara?? What happened to the Sharon still being held on Galactica?
              Not to mention the new questions - What will happen between the original Six and Baltar? Where did the fleet go? Does Roslin have a plan to fix Baltar's mess? Will Lee ever come to his senses and space Dee?
              And the eternal question - Will they ever find Earth? (my answer = yes, that'll probably be the series finale, hopefully still years away)

This sentiment has been all over the Alias boards too - "the show has changed too much and I'm not gonna watch it any more" Now Alias has been in scheduling purgatory for 4 months, 3-5 episodes have been cut from the season, and in two months it'll be done forever. Is that really what people want for BSG? Just have faith that the same people who gave us seasons 1 and 2.0 of BSG will be at the helm for season 3

Comment

Wow, thoroughly enjoyed this ep.

Big Q's for me:

What the heck happened with the 3 cylons they had in the brig now Baltar ia in charge? No mention at all.

One year jump: while a bit strange, it will work in long run. I also thing that in S3 you will get more back story flashbacks about what happened to the characters(ie starbuck and Tigh) and what lead them to move down toteh planets etc.

It is a great ploy by RDM as he can now add more colour to characters by back filling about their time on new Caprica while developing them further with new issues moving forward in S3.

Oct release has been done as far as I have read to lessen the impact of illegal downloads which plague popular show like this. I read somewhere they have done it so US and canada all get it at the same time while UK and Europe follows just few weeks after, similar to what they have done for new series of 24.

Comment

I made this post in the episode thread, and i'll make it here.

Peoples opinions are thier opinions. And the rule of respecting your fellow posters applies to those opinions. Telling people to shut up or calling them names is NOT respect.

If you don't like someone's opinion, either scroll past it or put that person on ignore.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

First of all the Oct release date for season three stinks. I am not sure what the thinking is behind this.

My biggest problem with the season finale is that the whole episode seemed rushed. The hour and a half should have been made 2 hours. I know they wanted to get the shock effect, but I see it as laziness in the writing. There were too many new details thrown in that made you wonder what did we miss.
                    WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

Actually, I'd have preferred it to be a bit shorter. End it with Baltar putting his head down on his desk. That way, when we jump ahead a year, we'll actually have time to develop the scene instead of getting this random hodge-podge of disconnection thrown in our faces.

Comment

I think the first few eps will be invovling back stories as well as the current ongoing situation

spoilers but more question that might be dealt with in the next series (highlight)

how the chief became a union rep and is sticking to the man?

why gata became baltars pet?

need to find out why all the miltary went to the planet and why no more viper pilots were trained?? don't think the old man would allow it personally

why Lee has now a bigger chip on his shoulder when it comes to starbuck? and d's promotion?

where the three cylons ended it up?

so many issues to cover so little time

on a tangent

why has the baby not aged?? still looks only one or two months old schoolboy errors i think

Comment

Despoilerizing these questions, although I admit I'm not sure how much they have to do with Season three. At any rate, I think that there's been enough finale talk in here that the spoiler tags aren't neeeded. If I'm wrong - hey, you, you've been warned!

Originally posted by Piddle Jumper
                          I think the first few eps will be invovling back stories as well as the current ongoing situation

spoilers but more question that might be dealt with in the next series (highlight)

how the chief became a union rep and is sticking to the man?
                          It makes sense, with the chief being a tech, IMHO. But maybe I just thinking unionizing makes sense as the child of a union man.

why gata became baltars pet?
                          Gaeta worked with Baltar earlier, when Baltar was actually trying to do scientific things, like learn how to detect cylons. Or pretending to, instead of pretending to do pretty much nothing at all.

need to find out why all the miltary went to the planet and why no more viper pilots were trained?? don't think the old man would allow it personally
                          My guess is that it happened gradually as no cylons showed up to bother them.

why Lee has now a bigger chip on his shoulder when it comes to starbuck? and d's promotion?
                          The only thing we know right now is the scene we saw with Drunk!Kara and Anders, where she practically starting having sex right there, AND she made fun of Dualla as a relationship choice for Lee. Another theory I've heard: Lee is upset over Kara apparently leaving the military.

Dee's promotion? Probably to fill the gaps in those that left for the surface.

where the three cylons ended it up?
                          Most think the two Cavils really were airlocked. I suspect we'll find out about MamaBoomer fairly soon into the new season.

so many issues to cover so little time

on a tangent

why has the baby not aged?? still looks only one or two months old schoolboy errors i think
                          The baby is a preemie. They frequently lag behind in growth and then catch up.

Re: budget discussion. I don't think that the budget is why they've changed to the new plotline. The cylon CGI should nicely make up for any budget not spent on ship CGI.

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34886

Ronald D. Moore, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica, told SCI FI Wire that the show's March 10 second-season finale cliffhanger sets up the third season. More ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks to JudyE for the heads up!

From Stabase Indy:

http://www.starbaseindy.com/main.php

Starbase Indy
                              Thanksgiving Weekend
                              24-26 November 2006
                              Indianapolis, IN

We are delighted to annouce a total of 7 guests currently lined up for Starbase Indy 2006, and we are currently in discussions with 4 more.

Katee Sackhoff - Saturday ONLY
                              Bill Mumy
                              Don S Davis
                              Manny Coto
                              Tim Brazeal
                              Alexis Cruz
                              Bonus Guest David Reddick

View Our Full Guest List for more details

http://www.starbaseindy.com/guests.htm

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From StarTrek.Com:

Grand Slam 2006 Con - RDM

Click on the link to read about the other guests that attended the Con.

Ronald D. Moore

Unless you live under a rock, you know that Ronald D. Moore, former writer/producer for The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, is the executive producer of probably the biggest science fiction sensation on television right now, Battlestar Galactica. Moore paid an unscheduled visit to the main stage on Sunday and fielded questions about the show. People were still reeling from the recent season finale, leading to the main question, "Have you lost your mind?!"

Moore said the recent creative directions of the show were designed as "an interesting way to change up the relationships, to sort of subvert your ideas on what the show is about, to take a lot of risks with the characters, and, y'know, piss off the audience, which is always a fun thing to do."

Responding to a question, Moore took the opportunity to comment about the role of religion in Galactica. "It's one of the fundamental building blocks of the show. When I was approaching the mini-series, I started playing around with ideas of Cylon Number Six saying 'God is love,' and I was instantly intrigued with the idea that a robot or an android or an artificial intelligence would come to a notion of God or a theology on its own. And I quickly saw that the polytheistic belief system of the colonies would be interesting juxtaposed against the monotheism of the Cylons. Religion is one of the fundamentals of the human experience ... and it just felt right to deal with the Cylons in their quest of, 'What is a person, what does it mean to be a real boy' on a certain level."

Fans really weren't so upset about the season finale as they were about the late start for the next season: October. "That was a network decision," Moore said, which he supports — "instead of rushing us back on the air in July like we did last season. To take a little more time in the production phase... And also build a little more anticipation."

"I don't need more anticipation," one fan grumbled.

"And it's a good way of torturing the audience!" Moore concluded.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X