BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AimTron
    That's a horrible ending in my opinion. So we skip ahead a year, everyone's fat and lazy, main characters are essentially gone. If thats how they're going to keep it when the next season starts up, I'm not going to watch anymore. I found it disappointing to say the least. I don't want to see fat lazy slobs trying to "pull it together" after all this. I liked the cast/crew as they were acting as they were. It takes all the mystery out of it. I don't care if anyone finds Earth after that episode, what's Earth going to do? Nothing.....it's over if thats how it stays.
    But...but...no! You can't go! How will the show continue without you?!? I mean will there even be a season three now?? Damn! You've ruined it for all of us!
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

I personally Loved the ending

its not like they are going to stay on that planet for the rest of the series...though it does worry me what RDM said at the end of the pod cast about how much time happens between Season 2's ending and the beggining of Season 3...
      Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 11 March 2006, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonahfish7
        Right before the colonists land on New Caprica Baltar is going to sleep. No way that Adama would let a permanent settlement on some planet with all his military assets. It's a dream.
        That's what i thought at first but then i figured that no dream(not even one of Baltar's dreams) could be that extensive. I think this is a very interesting turn for the series and will be interesting to see how things play out in Season 3.

LET THE NAIL BITTING BEGIN!!!!

Comment

That's a horrible ending in my opinion. So we skip ahead a year, everyone's fat and lazy, main characters are essentially gone. If thats how they're going to keep it when the next season starts up, I'm not going to watch anymore. I found it disappointing to say the least. I don't want to see fat lazy slobs trying to "pull it together" after all this. I liked the cast/crew as they were acting as they were. It takes all the mystery out of it. I don't care if anyone finds Earth after that episode, what's Earth going to do? Nothing.....it's over if thats how it stays.
          I agree. I was very crushed to see the season end this way. Jump ahead 1 year and everyone has lost their military readiness? People forget, but not after a year. There's no believable way that this could have happened. If it's not some sort of dream, I feel cheated. As soon as I saw the "1 year later" I couldn't believe the witers did that. It is a cheap cop-out. I was addicted to this series and now I'm thinking twice about watching next season.

Comment

I don't think it was lazy. think they want to say more about what is going on with current events in other regions of the globe.

Geeze.... The Cylons showed up from a light year away looking for the WMD signature. C'mon. A patronizing occupational force invades New Caprica and you have Tyrol with a big bushy beard, and Kara stating "fight them until we can no longer" Then there is Sadama in hiding just as we are shock n awed for the moment. Wonder if he will be brought to trial by the Cylons if caught.

Is President G. Baltar's middle initial Dubya?

I only say these things hoping they are not true.... See the crazy place they have taken my brain until October? How completely cruel. Get these people off New Caprica soon.

Comment

Personally, I liked the twists and turns the season finale threw at us. And since I know we'll eventually get back on track looking for Earth in this show, I can enjoy this a little more. I thought the ending was terrific, with all
              Spoiler:
              those Cylons marching past the Colonials
              . I just can't wait to see how Galactica and the Pegasus are going to save the day.

October is sooo long away!!
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

there is nothing galactica and pegasus can do against the fleet that size . If they somehow manage to save the sattlement , glactica will turn into soap opera...

Originally Posted by AimTron
                I agree. I was very crushed to see the season end this way. Jump ahead 1 year and everyone has lost their military readiness? People forget, but not after a year. There's no believable way that this could have happened. If it's not some sort of dream, I feel cheated. As soon as I saw the "1 year later" I couldn't believe the witers did that. It is a cheap cop-out. I was addicted to this series and now I'm thinking twice about watching next season.
                i agree with u 2 100 % (

Comment

Originally posted by demredsox
                  No dream. PLEASE.

Anyway, a lot could happen in a year. People change. You can't really say anything is "out of character." They're different people.
                  This is very true. BSG isn't about "good guys" or "bad guys"; like real people, these characters are changed by their experiences. If you can't deal with 3-dimensional characters and challenging plot twists, why are you watching BSG in the first place? Anyway, anyone who prejudges season 3 based on the last half hour of the season finale is being pretty silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lombax
                    This is very true. BSG isn't about "good guys" or "bad guys"; like real people, these characters are changed by their experiences. If you can't deal with 3-dimensional characters and challenging plot twists, why are you watching BSG in the first place? Anyway, anyone who prejudges season 3 based on the last half hour of the season finale is being pretty silly.
                    Word. Thank you for saying this so well.
                    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I enjoy the relationships that grew/were created during this "One Year Later."

I'm not sure I enjoy Calli and the Chief apparently getting together and her being pregnant with his kid. I also don't like the whole Lee/Dee and Starbuck/Anders thing. I had always hoped for a Lee/Starbuck relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One
                        I'm not sure I enjoy the relationships that grew/were created during this "One Year Later."

I'm not sure I enjoy Calli and the Chief apparently getting together and her being pregnant with his kid. I also don't like the whole Lee/Dee and Starbuck/Anders thing. I had always hoped for a Lee/Starbuck relationship.
                        OK, I've got issues with the idea that Cally would have a child with the man who had a psychotic break and almost beat her to death. Seriously, folks, is that an expression of "love and forgiveness" or co-dependency taken to a whole new level of creepy? OTOH, am I the only person who found the first shot of Kara looking happy and beautiful and not one drink away from being Tigh and Six's evil insane lovechild for the first time ever, heartbreaking? I'm not going to send in the marines to occupy the Apollo/Starbuck ship, but I can't see any way that relationship doesn't turn into a freakshow that makes Saul and Ellen Tigh (or Baltar's superfreaky tangle with Chip Six/Caprica Six/Gina) look sane by comparison.

Comment

Seems to be a lot of negative vibes at the moment!

As for the "One Year Later" I dont see how the writers could pursue there season 3 goals without the settlement on New Caprica, the story wouldn't work if the colony had only been there 3 days before the Cylons showed up.

I'm also sensing an almost unreasonable expectation on BSG now, lots of folks hate the somewhat earth shattering moments and call them "cop-outs", remember, the BSG is a lot of things, but easy to predict is not one of them, I feel this is what sets BSG apart from lots of other SciFi shows.

And as for those of you now saying your not goin to watch season 3 and you've lost interst; Lying to your self is pretty damn stupid!
                          Bill Adama has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the World Championships for Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            Ugh, now I'm not sure how I feel about this. The episode was excellent, but I also came to that opinion under the premise that the last half an hour was a dream. But now we're going to be focusing on New Caprica, idk. Also I'm kinda ticked about what this means for the Cylons. I thought that Sharon and Six were good guys now. Hmmm...

Its because they really ran out of ideas and maybe a smaller special effects budget for "fleet to earth" episodes. The show is getting more popular so I'm sure more money went into salaries and advertising. They can make up all they bogus reasons why this is fresh, but its really just a way to make writting episodes easier on both the budget and concept. Think about less special effects for spaceship battles and more settings on a earth like forest setting. I'm not buying it and I am sure the show will still be tolerable, but I hope Ron knows he 's not fooling anybody.

There's no believable way that this could have happened. If it's not some sort of dream, I feel cheated. As soon as I saw the "1 year later" I couldn't believe the witers did that. It is a cheap cop-out. I was addicted to this series and now I'm thinking twice about watching next season.
                            Not to mention are thier living conditions that much better on new caprica? Baltar would have been killed by an angry mob by that time. I didn't see anything resembling police/marines to keep order. Not to mention Adama said it was hard to keep crews up, so wouldn't that mean a general shortage of any type of military personel? Without that protection some disgruntled worker would simply have shot and killed Baltar. This "new caprica" concept is not believable by a long shot. Also how is stealing an election better than a plot to kill admiral Cain. Sounds like the same thing to me, so I can't believe they would have any moral issues with stealing an election from Baltar.

And as for those of you now saying your not goin to watch season 3 and you've lost interst; Lying to your self is pretty damn stupid!
                            You're right people will watch the show, but it will be on itunes, DVD or DVR time shifted. Regular TV viewing when it airs will take a rating dive for sure. Its out of my Tv watching schedule as of now, but they can have my DVD money when its available.
                            Last edited by boohoo; 12 March 2006, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I think this might bomb the show. Yes, I agree with all the people that they shook things up. But in a lot of ways they took a lot of shortcuts too.

Starbuck and the Chief getting married are HUUUUGE changes that were just sort of fiated in. So much has changed, and now they have this big cliffhanger (that was so completely different from what everyone expected), it does seem on the edge of lazy writing. I hope it pays off but I'm a little dubious at the moment.

It feels like the 2001, 2010 arcs in Stargate right now and if they ended a season cliffhanger with that, I'm gonna be pissed.
                              "Ya shure, yaaa betcha."

Comment

I tend to disagree with the statement that they were out of budget money for special effects, if they were would not all of the ships been destroyed by the incoming cylons. Now they have more budget concerns - the tent city set, and the galactica set, plus any visual effects for the upcoming space battles to liberate the settlers.

One year later - as facinating as watching 30,000 people set up tents and build a pyramid court might be, I am happy to have had the action just assumed for me.

Baltar being shot by someone - It appeared Baltar was basically drugged out and sexed up in his ship, which we must assume if there are any guards or police they are located there. So he does not leave the girl in white or black and the pills - no one gets to him except gaeta. ( BTW did anyone else think Happy Gilmore's find a happy place - one woman in black one in white?)

I will for sure watch the series just as I always have, one week at a time. As long as it continues to be thought provolking and entertaining I will watch. It is almost like everything else in life - do it till it is not something you want to do.

Matt V

Comment

Working...
                                X