No announcement yet.

BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first few episodes next season are going to kick some serious arse. I hope they keep Anders as well.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Hi All -

Okay Ron Moore has finally let loose a few tidbits for the next season.
      1. Was not, has not, will not be a dream sequence.
      2. The 'occupation of New Caprica' is a 4-5 episode arc
      3. A Cylon story, will also be visited, taking place entirely within the Cylon (homeworld)?
      4. Don't rule out Baltar sitting on a throne
      5. Yes, the story will return to the search for Earth in Season Three

Moore made his comments in Now PLaying Magazine:
      http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3300/2/

Relax. Our story is still going to be a lot of fun.

What's interesting - as was first reported in many chat forums was the Cylon requirement that humans be 'given up' for experimentation. Nothing of the sort was revealed in the season ender. Interesting speculation.

What has come from this *my speculation* is that humanity will need a major event to re-affirm their beliefs that the quest for Earth *is* thier only option.

Duh-duh-DUUUUUUUH!

Great Story - awesome writing, and yes the set-up for the 1 year of colonization was very realistic.

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by NXds
        I really cant Believe he is doing this to us what a Eric Cartman, making us wait until October for season 3 premiere. Only reason i could undestand the wait would be to make the actor's look older though i bet some actors/crewmen are pissed he is basically saying im the show and not caring for everyone else's hardwork that they put into making this show what it is today.

Season 3 better be 30 episodes.
        I'm gonna guess that the decision for season 3 to begin in October was not Ron's idea, and was not do to "making the actors look older". This episode was shot before that announcement was made, and even if they knew about it before hand, I doubt they would have changed anything.

I think the October premiere is mainly to allow for Dr. Who to join SciFi Friday with SG-1 and SGA, and maybe BSG starting in October means no mid-season break.

If BSG starts on October 20th, 2006 they could run the first 10 episodes of season 3 without stopping, take a week off around Christmas, and begin airing the second half of season 3 on January 5, 2007 with the second half of SG-1 and SGA's next seasons.

I think BSG will start production at the same time of year as last year, and be ready to air all 20 episodes straight through. I sure hope so, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hU$h3rN7242c
          I'm not saying I necessarily like it, but they definitely changed the dynamic.
          And I think that's actually a good thing. So, they decide to settle on New Caprica and thirty three minutes later (why thirty three? just because... ) Gina blows Cloud Nine and the Cylons show up. So fracking what? With the jump forward a year, you just hope against hope that it's all going to work out - but there;s no much more at stake, so much more to lose, like this.

Comment

So is this coming season to be solely about the insurgency on the planet or is it going to be both about the insurgency and focus around Adama and the fleet?

We also don't know how many people were on the planet, it's possible that a few remained on the colonial ships.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
              So is this coming season to be solely about the insurgency on the planet or is it going to be both about the insurgency and focus around Adama and the fleet?

We also don't know how many people were on the planet, it's possible that a few remained on the colonial ships.
              We know how many people were on the planet. There was a count in the episode which said something around 39 000 people. So more than 10 000 people are on the ships.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by jonahfish7
                Right before the colonists land on New Caprica Baltar is going to sleep. No way that Adama would let a permanent settlement on some planet with all his military assets. It's a dream.
                Well, unless Adama was going to stage another military coup, then declare martial law across the fleet - and how did that work out for him, again? - the civilians and their ships are NOT "his military assets".

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
                  We know how many people were on the planet. There was a count in the episode which said something around 39 000 people. So more than 10 000 people are on the ships.
                  Yes, but we're not taking into account the people who were on all the ships that were destroyed when Cloud Nine blew. I would bet several thousand people died in the aftermath of that explosion.
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

then declare martial law across the fleet - and how did that work out for him, again?

it didnt

he was in a coma when Tigh did that

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow
                      Yes, but we're not taking into account the people who were on all the ships that were destroyed when Cloud Nine blew. I would bet several thousand people died in the aftermath of that explosion.
                      Ow, that's right. I almost forget that Cloud Nine blew up...

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                        it didnt he was in a coma when Tigh did that
                        But the martial law declaration and the 'Gideon Massacre' were direct consequences of the military coup that was all on Adama's shoulders. I'm not defending Tigh's actions - but he should never have been put in that position in the first place. Anyway, my point is that I don't think Adama would want to go down that road again.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out why Gina blew up Cloud Nine. Was it her way of leaving a trail for the Cyclons to follow so that they could find New Caprica?
                          Without Science Fiction, where would our ideas for Science Fact come from?

Comment

The Cylons are always manipulating us. It doesn't matter what they say, or even in many cases what they do. They still see us as a threat.

Gina was just playing Baltar, playing him to the very end. That's why she blew up Cloud 9. Her rape, her wish for death, her sorrow? Total bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                              Gina was just playing Baltar, playing him to the very end. That's why she blew up Cloud 9. Her rape, her wish for death, her sorrow? Total bull.
                              Um, Andrew, I want to be very clear on what you mean to say because (on the face of it) that comment was incredibly offensive. So, the months of torture and gang rape Gina was subjected to on Pegasus were no big deal - and it's not possible that she was genuinely traumatised - because you can't violate a toaster? It seems to me that a lot of effort has been expended on BSG to muddy up that (conforting) proposition.

Comment

That's a horrible ending in my opinion. So we skip ahead a year, everyone's fat and lazy, main characters are essentially gone. If thats how they're going to keep it when the next season starts up, I'm not going to watch anymore. I found it disappointing to say the least. I don't want to see fat lazy slobs trying to "pull it together" after all this. I liked the cast/crew as they were acting as they were. It takes all the mystery out of it. I don't care if anyone finds Earth after that episode, what's Earth going to do? Nothing.....it's over if thats how it stays.

Comment

Working...
                                X