No announcement yet.

BSG Cast & Crew interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if they can make the "Cylon Occupation" thing interesting, all the characters have changed and I have lost interest. No military order on New Caprica? Starbuck not even with the military? Baltar being that terrible of a ruler? I doubt it. If it is a dream, yeah, it will be a cop out, but it will be better then this new idea.

However, I must say that when the words "One Year Later" popped up on the screen I laughed so hard. DC Comics has just initiated a OYL movement too, almost simultaneously with BSG.

Oh well, if BSG continues on this path it's ok, I have the Stargates to watch.
    Rush rocks.

Comment

I hope RDM isn't pulling a Dallas "dream" sequence on us. I
      would be very disappointed in him if he did. When Dallas was @
      its peak, I was a big fan @ the time & I remember @ the end of
      the season, the Dallas producers had Pam wake up from having
      this really bad nightmare & Bobby's suddenly back in the shower.
      As a fan, it was such an insult & a disservice to spend a whole
      season on this atrocity the dream season was, & to then to blow
      it off as a dream. It was the beginning of the end for Dallas. The
      ratings continued to plummet & Dallas never recovered from this
      debacle. Back to BSG, what I don't understand is if Lee wouldn't
      give Kara the antibiotics for Anders, why didn't Kara ask Admiral
      Adama to order Lee to give them to her??? The Admiral would do
      anything for Kara. This plot point is one of the many reasons
      something is terribly wrong with the last 30 minutes of this story,
      & Kara hugging Col.Tigh & Ellen???

Comment

No dream. PLEASE.

Anyway, a lot could happen in a year. People change. You can't really say anything is "out of character." They're different people.

Comment

It going to be intersting, When the colonies get back into space, I think they should leave Baltar on the world he made for them
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

If its a dream... and we wait until October to find out: how peeved is the fandom gonna be?
            I think it would work if they flashed back to things which happened within that
            year throughout season 3 oh no; I just described lost
            Ses
            James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

It won't be a dream. That is exactly the Star Trek-style reset button that Moore said they'd never have in BSG.

Comment

No reset button, but they certainly had no qualms using the "one year later" button, which is just as much of a crappy cop-out in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Maj.Tahn
                  I hope RDM isn't pulling a Dallas "dream" sequence on us. I
                  would be very disappointed in him if he did. When Dallas was @
                  its peak, I was a big fan @ the time & I remember @ the end of
                  the season, the Dallas producers had Pam wake up from having
                  this really bad nightmare & Bobby's suddenly back in the shower.
                  As a fan, it was such an insult & a disservice to spend a whole
                  season on this atrocity the dream season was, & to then to blow
                  it off as a dream. It was the beginning of the end for Dallas.
                  Awesome, now I know what Moore meant in the podcast when he said they wouldn't be pulling a "Bobby steps out of the shower" trick with this. So I guess that answers the question--it definitely is not a dream. (And thank God.)

Comment

They stated (both Eick and Moore) that this absolutely was not a dream sequence. What we saw is the real situation we'll start season three off with. Basicalliy they said "Oh and there go 'our heroes' jumping out leaving the colony undefended!"

Comment

Originally posted by Maj.Tahn
                      Back to BSG, what I don't understand is if Lee wouldn't
                      give Kara the antibiotics for Anders, why didn't Kara ask Admiral
                      Adama to order Lee to give them to her??? The Admiral would do
                      anything for Kara. This plot point is one of the many reasons
                      something is terribly wrong with the last 30 minutes of this story,
                      Uh, Lee didn't get a chance to say yes or no to Kara's request-he was interrupted by incoming Cylons.

Comment

I liked that they jumped ahead year. I really didn't want to see them setting up tents and whatsnot. Also now he's got us all wondering what happened that whole year. That's what I call a cliffhanger.

Comment

You know, I'm stunned at the level of panic among fans of the show. Ron gets praised and praised for the most part, then suddenly he drops a nuke in the show and everyone loses their freaking mind. *lol* Man, I know those of us folks who were fans of various Star Trek series have been scarred by B&B's raping of the franchise, but this is Ron Moore we are talking about. Folks screamed about Starbuck & Boomer being women. In the mini-series, I wasn't sure about them, but by season 1, both actresses had taken the roles and I don't even think about the fact that TOS had male actors playing Starbuck and Boomer.

Originally posted by Infernorhythm
                          Even if they can make the "Cylon Occupation" thing interesting, all the characters have changed and I have lost interest. No military order on New Caprica?
                          The military had clearly been cut so that there'd be more workers for Baltar's New Caprica.

Starbuck not even with the military?
                          What was wrong with that? Clearly she loved "what's his name" (sorry, I can't think of his name and am to tired to look it up) deeply. We had an entire episode devoted to the idea of her letting him go. In the end, she got her man and this time she wasn't going to let him go. So why not marry the lug and start a new life on the planet below. Besides, they need folks like Starbuck who can be natural leaders.

People move on -- that's normal life. Starbuck had been military and it filled a void for her. Now she has her husband and new challenges. To me, it made sense.

Baltar being that terrible of a ruler? I doubt it.
                          Why do you doubt it? Again, this issue of being a leader was explored during the 2nd season. Look at Roslin -- she was just a low-ranking member of the President's Cabinet and was thrown into the leadership role. However, from the start, her goal was the protection of the survivors of the attack. As time went on, she learned that tough choices have to be made and that everything won't always end up roses, but as long as the people continue, that's OK. Wasn't that why she was going to allow the rigged election?

Baltar on the other hand cares for no one but himself for the most part. Yeah, I do think he loves Six, but it feels more like from selfish interest for the most part. Remember, Six was such a good lay that Baltar sold out his entire race. Despite that, Baltar was always on the pull, even in the mini-series. Baltar's lust for women knows no bounds (well, I suppose ugly, fat chicks are out, but who knows for sure) because no matter how much sex he gets, its never enough. Thus, he's focused on self.

This continues at the end of Season 2; Baltar is more concerned with sexual gratification than anything else.

Also, even though one is brilliant doesn't mean one is a good leader. I have a boss who is brilliant and has an uncanny ability to read dry documents of any kind and retain most of it. However, as a manger, he is just awful for a whole host of reasons (though to be fair, he appears to be working on improving his weaknesses).

Again looking at Roslin, at the start she wasn't the kind of person whom one would elect president. Yet when she was forced to take the role of president, she grabbed the reigns and rose to the challenge. Baltar may have looked like a good leader to the people, but he quickly found that he didn't want the reigns, only the glory.

So yeah, Baltar being a crappy leader is no surprise to this fan.

However, I must say that when the words "One Year Later" popped up on the screen I laughed so hard.
                          Totally not my reaction. Based on all of the bloody announcements that were out there about the Cylons and their so-called peace proposal, I wasn't expecting to see a "One Year Later" title appear on the screen.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          No reset button, but they certainly had no qualms using the "one year later" button, which is just as much of a crappy cop-out in my book.
                          Why is it a crappy cop-out?

Were any of you guys complaining this season about the big jumps in time between episodes? I know that there was a month or so time-jump between Billy's death episode and the one that followed (that is, if my tired memory isn't failing me). The 2nd-half of the 2nd season covered more time than the 1st-half did but for the same number of episodes.

SO, we have this 90-minute episode, and after about an hour, the writers decide to make a year pass. I don't see the problem. There's no need to waste time and episodes getting bogged down on the settlement getting started and going through a year. What kind of stories are they going to write anyway? I suppose we could have seen Kara and her man get married. Maybe Cally and the Chief could have one of those elongated love scenes ala Baltar and Six.

So they jump forward a year in time. During the year, the colony has survived. The Cylons have not attacked. People have begun living new lives and are being fruitful and multiplying. The attack on the Twelve Colonies and the subsequent run from the Cylons has faded from people's memories as they deal with more pressing concerns of living. I thought the idea was a great one, mainly because I never thought for a second that it was some sort of B&B ("Star Trek") sequence where we know that next season, everything will be back the way it was.

Life is constantly changing. Sometimes the road we are on leads us in unexpected areas. This is what Ron has re-introduced to the series -- the unexpected places that the road of life takes us. It is the journey and what we do along the way that make it interesting and this is what I believe Ron will explore next season. Eventually he'll get everyone back in space and looking for Earth, but by a route none of us expected.
                          Tenchi Muyo! FAQ

Comment

I really cant Believe he is doing this to us what a Eric Cartman, making us wait until October for season 3 premiere. Only reason i could undestand the wait would be to make the actor's look older though i bet some actors/crewmen are pissed he is basically saying im the show and not caring for everyone else's hardwork that they put into making this show what it is today.

Season 3 better be 30 episodes.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought a huge shakeup in the plot was cool? atleast RDM is keeping it interesting! God, i mean, in real life things dont drag on the same for years and years, they change, just like this show is changing, and i think is unique and cool ^_^. If it was a dream though, that would piss me off sooooooo much! hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by NXds
                                Season 3 better be 30 episodes.

Amen to that. I'ld be happy with 22 eps. Not happy about having to wait until Ocotber though.
                                Teal'c "I killed you"
                                Daniel "Why?"
                                Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                                Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Working...
                                X