• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Scripps Howard News Service:

Cylons' world on 'Battlestar Galactica' gets complicated

By DAVE MASON
    23-FEB-06

Click on the link to read the entire article. Warning Spoilers.

Lucy Lawless has won many fans with her starring role in "Xena, the Warrior Princess." The New Zealand actress could develop a similar following for her depiction of a villainous leader on "Battlestar Galactica."

Lawless effortlessly becomes comfortable with her characters, and that proves true again as she returns as D'Anna Biers, a wicked Cylon _ a robot in a humanlike body. The episode, "Downloaded," airs at 10 p.m. Friday (Feb. 24) on Sci Fi.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Excuse while I'm hysterical with enthusiasm.

This episode is going to be tremendous!

Comment

yeah, i'm glad to see that the pegasus will continue to help protect the fleet. also, i'm interested in the possibility that roslin could suffer a relapse in the future. i wonder how that would be handled and if she would survive.

Comment

Here Here for katie

Comment

Originally she started out as a bit "manish" in my humble opinion...but lately she has been looking better and better. In fact she looks down right great recently. I also think her charachter has become maybe the most interesting on the show. Starbuck rules!
            Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

frack all you chick starbuck hater pinches!

Comment

What's wrong with a boozing, cigar smoking hot chick who can kick your ass.
                I think she does great as the character. I mean just about anything can improve on the original movie and series.
                Now would you kindly get out of your god's face.

Comment

From Cinescape:

http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp...5&obj_id=50769

Television News
                  GALACTICA Set Visit With Mary McDonnell

Dateline: Friday, March 3, 2006

By: NEWS EDITOR
                  By: Source: Hollywood North Report

HNR visited the set of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA had a chance to talk with Mary McDonnell about her role as President Laura Roslin on the series.

In terms of what some people consider a rather grim and a pessimistic worldview on the show, McDonnell responded, "I think the sincere commitment here is to reflect what’s happening in the world through a sci-fi genre, which gives us license to go into some different kinds of reverberations. So we get to materialize the metaphysical, as well as the flat out, down to earth struggle every day; war, famine, etc. So to me, the show isn’t really any bleaker than life, but it is bleaker in the sense that there is a relentlessness to it because they’re stuck on these ships. So that can be difficult. But I also think there is a relief in" the sci-fi elements of it that we don’t have in life."

Click here to read the entire article.

http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/article.php?Article=2673"

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Great link thank you for posting

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

From Caprica-City.de:

Exclusive Interview with Jamie Bamber (Lee "Apollo" Adama)

Click on the link to read the interview.

Comment

What a fabulous interview...
                        He sounds like he has such a great family life for such a busy working actor.
                        Thank you Sci-Fi!
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

In the last line he says "I will try to dodge the bullets!"

Is that a response to the whole Apollo-Can't-Dodge deal that sprung from "Sacrifice"?

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

This was a great interview. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

From E!Online:

Q&A’s from Friday night’s Battlestar Gallactica event at the Museum of Television and Radio

Comment

From IGN:

IGN Interviews Grace Park

by Eric Goldman
                                March 10, 2006

Click on the link to read the interview

Grace Park got her first big break on the Canadian teen soap Edgemont, where she starred for five seasons. Guest parts and recurring characters on shows like Dark Angel and Jake 2.0 followed, but she has now gained widespread recognition for her performance on the critically acclaimed Sci Fi Channel series Battlestar Galactica.

As Sharon "Boomer" Valerii, Park's character was central to one of Galactica's first big sucker punches, as we learned that the apparently loyal, beloved Colonial Fleet Raptor pilot was actually a robotic Cylon sleeper agent. For much of the series, Park has in fact played two distinctly different versions of the same Cylon model, complete with different love interests, motivations and agendas. Both of her characters have gone through an astounding amount of plot turns, from pregnancy to death to resurrection, and the question of where both Sharon's loyalties truly lie is a constant one. Recently I conducted an exclusive interview with Park for IGN FilmForce, after she had just taken part in the event honoring Battlestar Galactica at the Museum of Television and Radio's William S. Paley Television Festival in front of a crowd of adoring fans. We discussed what it's like playing multiple characters, the role of gender in Galactica and the tremendous critical response the show has received, among other topics.

Comment

Working...
                                X