This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    April??!! Good Gods above! That's six months away...
    Is it?

*looks at calendar* Yup. Still October.

You can find the whole story at tvshowsondvd.com.....sounds like it's speculated to be something to do with the bonus features/preparing a possible release of an HD-DVD version at the same time/allowing Razor to have some shelf life first.

In other words, no one at universal seems to be willing to actually say anything, official anyway, and fans are connecting the (very obscure) dots themselves. Argh!

Comment

Yeah, I kind of wondered - I've seen the Region 4 (Australia) version of the DVDs for sale on a certain on-line auction site. But again there's no word on what the extras on it are.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

We have a Razor synopsis! (Major Spoilers)

Spoiler:
        TrekWeb received the following synopsis for the upcoming Battlestar Galactica telemovie "Razor", scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 24 (beware of Spoilers)

LOGLINE: Wartime atrocities dating back to the first Cylon war, and others more recent, haunt Admiral William Adama, young Battlestar Pegasus officer Kendra Shaw, and her mentor Admiral Helena Cain.

For the officers, Viper pilots and Marines of the Colonial Fleet, there is no higher honor than to be judged a "Razor." Nor is it an honor that can be earned in peacetime. Razors are forged in the heat of battle as fear, hesitation, and any other instinct that can spell the difference between life and death are burned away until what remains is an unflinching human weapon. Only that Razor's edge can cut two ways: it can slash an enemy or cleave away a warrior's soul.

One such warrior is the ambitious young officer Kendra Shaw (Stephanie Jacobsen). On the eve of the Cylon attack, she reports for duty on her new ship - the Battlestar Pegasus, under the command of Admiral Helena Cain (Michelle Forbes) - and embarks on a harrowing six-month struggle for survival with its crew. Taken under Cain's wing, Shaw becomes her protégé, a surrogate daughter, and finally an extension of the Admiral's own ruthless will. Nothing less than a Razor.

After Admiral Cain's death, Shaw's beliefs are challenged when she's chosen to assist Pegasus' new commander, Lee Adama (Jamie Bamber), on a mission to destroy a heavily guarded Cylon base ship along with the mysterious entity it was built to protect. When the mission goes badly wrong, a wounded Shaw and Kara Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) are forced to hole up on the Cylon ship. As the hope of rescue grows dim, the two battle-hardened warriors forge a bond and Shaw begins to confess the details of a tragic wartime incident she took part in under Admiral Cain, an incident that has haunted her ever since.

A Razor to the end, Shaw ultimately fulfills her mission, but in the process finds a measure of redemption. Lee Adama, meanwhile, struggles with his own razor-sharp demons as he faces the challenges of his first command, and the dire choices it entails - choices not dissimilar to the traumatic dilemmas that had shaped the commands of his father and Helena Cain a generation earlier in the first Cylon war.
        http://trekweb.com/articles/2007/10/...elemovie.shtml
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Can anyone help me get hold of a copy of the zero issue of Battlestar Galactica: Season Zero from Dynamite Entertainment?

Also, if anyone's got the BSG roleplaying game sourcebook, can you let me know what the Colonial phonetic alphabet is?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

To be quite honest I would much prefer Season 3 in HD already!

Comment

Two news bits:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/Columnists/StarringVancouver/
              Oct 23 2007

Xena the Princess Warrior is back in Vancouver to once again work on one of the city's most popular sci-fi series. Lucy Lawless is here to reprise her role in the series Battlestar Galactica, which is supposed to be calling it quits after wrapping production on Season 4, in a few months. Rumour has it that there may be enough of a groundswell of fan support to prompt a fifth season, but that has yet to be finalized.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....-to-a-mov.html

Coming to a movie theater near you: 'Battlestar Galactica: Razor'

If you're on pins and needles waiting for the Nov. 24 debut of the Sci Fi Channel movie "Battlestar Galactica: Razor," help is at hand. You may only have to wait until Nov. 12.

There will be free screenings of the film in movie theaters in eight cities on Nov. 12: Los Angeles, New York/New Jersey, San Francisco, Dallas, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle and, yes, Chicago. The screenings will take place at multiple locations in each city, but all of the screenings will be on the evening of Nov. 12.

The Chicago-area screenings are at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, the Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park and the Century Evanston 18 in Evanston.

Admission is free, but those who want to see “Razor” at a movie theater must first register at the site battlestarevent.com. The site will not go live until Friday. Repeat: The site will not go live until Friday. Seat registrations will be given away first-come, first-serve.

Comment

'Battlestar Galactica' Could Move To NBC ...

http://www.scifistream.com/story.php...---_We_Mean_It

this could help the ratings

Yes, you have heard this story many, many, many, many times before. But thanks to this little event expected to begin next week known as the Writers Guild of America strike, there is a good chance that you may find some of your favorite shows like "Battlestar Galactica" and "The 4400" coming to a network near you.

Comment

This wouldn't surprise me- and it's GREAT news, from the standpoint that if it happens, BSG stands the chance of reaching a whole new audience without any negative effects on the show itself! A lot of viewers who might never have tuned into SCI-FI might find themselves with nothing else to watch and check it out.....I think that there are a lot of people that never gave the show a chance who would really enjoy it, and if this is a way to reach that audience, that's wonderful.

Amazing that the writer's strike could possibly have a silver lining.....Of course I still do not want it to happen, obviously.

Comment

Well, most of us probably came to this conclusion already, but here's the story on the season three DVDs:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Battles...y-Reasons/8336

And for some bizarre reason tvshowsondvd doesn't let me copy.....so you'll have to click the link.

The gist is, the season three DVDs are being held back until April so that they can come out at the same time season four starts.

Comment

Anyone out there got their copy of the Season 3 Companion book yet?

According to the Titan Books website, it's been out since August, but I've not seen it anywhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Anyone out there got their copy of the Season 3 Companion book yet?

According to the Titan Books website, it's been out since August, but I've not seen it anywhere.
                        Yeah, I've had that and the "Frak You" unauthorized companion book for a short while now.

Comment

jamie's take on razor http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=44998

Bamber: Razor Is Sharp

Battlestar Galactica star Jamie Bamber told reporters that the upcoming prequel film, Razor, fulfills the cast's desire to make a feature-length Battlestar adventure.

The telefilm follows Lee Adama (Bamber) as he assumes command of the Battlestar Pegasus and also recalls events of nearly a year before, on the eve of the Cylon attack, involving then-Pegasus commander Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes) and her protege, Kendra Shaw (Stephanie Jacobsen).
                          he seems like he really enjoyed doing razor.,.....oh i can't wait

Comment

According to AA, we'll be getting another re-cap special in March. Of course, this time, what with the break and all a lot of regular viewers might actually need it.....

http://www.tvguide.com/ask-ausiello

Question: No Battlestar Galactica until April? Say it ain't so!— Christina
                            Ausiello: It ain't so! While it's true that original episodes won't start unspooling until early April, Season 4 will technically blast off in late March with a (prepare to groan) fancy shmancy recap special! Hey, it's something.
                            He's right, it's something. And I'd rather this than nothing.

Comment

after 4 years it's about time there did a recap special

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshadow View Post
                                after 4 years it's about time there did a recap special
                                They did one before season three as well, so this will be the second recap special.

Comment

Working...
                                X