This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
    Oh good. I was wondering if they did. Are they higher resolution versions then were on the website? (I hope?)
    Presumabley- there was a story awhile back saying that they'd all be put together into one episode.

Comment

For those "unfortunate" enough to not-live in the States:

Preview vid #1
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_wLmrNTF5c

Preview vid #2
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ehwuXpPD9o

Scenes appear to be taking place just before and just after Six betrayed them and Cylons boarded the ship.

Comment

According to Amazon.com, the Season 3 soundtrack is coming out on October 23rd.
        But if I were you, i'd buy it autographed and directly from La-La Land when the preorders start.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...8424843&sr=1-2

Comment

Originally posted by Rian View Post
          According to Amazon.com, the Season 3 soundtrack is coming out on October 23rd.
          But if I were you, i'd buy it autographed and directly from La-La Land when the preorders start.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...8424843&sr=1-2
          Tried ordering the Season 2 soundtrack from La-La Land a while ago, but they were having problems with their PayPal account.

Has his been fixed?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

tvshowsondvd.com has the HD DVD packaging:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7969

Comment

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/ask-matt

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

ASK MATT

Matt Roush

Friday, September 7, 2007

**snippage**

Question: Is it true they are going to split the Battlestar Galactica season up so that we won't have a conclusion until 2009? To quote Baltar, "I can't physically take that!" Please find out the truth.— Murray

Matt Roush: The truth, at least as far as I can get anyone at the Sci Fi Channel to confirm at this point, is that no decision has officially been made yet on the scheduling of the final season. But I got a handful of panicked questions about this rumor that Battlestar will be split between a January run in 2007 and a January run in 2008, and while Sci Fi isn't confirming, I wouldn't necessarily rule it out, either.

Lots of cable series operate with long breaks like this: USA Network's The 4400 has only aired in the summer months during its entire duration, and we had to wait a year between the most recent seasons of The Shield (worth the wait), and let's not even bring up The Sopranos. While it would surely be terrific to get them all at once, I'll take the episodes as I can get them and am more concerned about their quality than about the way they're scheduled. Really, you cult fans can be so greedy.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Dunno if this has been posted but...

S4 Spoilers
                Spoiler:
                "Say good-bye to the Six in Baltar's head," a source told SyFy Portal's Michael Hinman. "As much as we like Baltar having this controlling figure literally in his head, we couldn't keep it up forever."

James Callis' character of Baltar has been visited by a mental version of Tricia Helfer's Six since the 2003 miniseries. And the third season episode "Downloaded" showed that he isn't the only one. The resurrected Caprica Six has a mental visitor of her own -- Gaius Baltar. Which, of course, has prompted a lot of questions from fans.

But Baltar won't be alone for long.

"We all know that [Baltar] can't follow the 'plan' by himself, so he will get another visitor," the source said. "He'll be paid a visit by his own likeness that had been helping [Caprica] Six. It should really make things interesting in the last season as everyone tries to figure out who the final Cylon is."

Full article here
                Last edited by Xicer; 11 September 2007, 12:07 PM.
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                  Dunno if this has been posted but...

Full article here
                  Wow.....uhh.....wow. That's gonna be interesting. And you should probably put that in spoiler tags.

Comment

Good idea

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

From TV Guide Online:

Ask Matt

Matt Roush
                      Friday, September 14, 2007

The end of Battlestar Galactica; Men in Trees left hanging; and Matt's fall picks

Question: Love your columns, and I wanted your insight on something. In the next year, The Shield, The Wire and Battlestar Galactica all begin their final seasons. As three of the greatest television series of all time come to an end around the same time, which do you think will pack the biggest punch in its last episodes?— Annan

Matt Roush: Love the question, but it's impossible to know in advance which will knock us out the most, and it's risky playing one against the other in gauging their impact as we prepare for their swan songs. (Battlestar's being muddied by questions about its final-season scheduling, as I'll address further down.) I would say that of the three, The Shield has probably had the greatest impact on the overall TV landscape, single-handedly establishing the FX brand as something bold, adult and risky: HBO with commercials, we liked to say at the time. The Shield has also been remarkably consistent (much more so than FX's other breakthroughs, including Nip/Tuck and recent episodes of Rescue Me) and continues to set the bar for the network. Whereas The Wire is undeniably one of the greatest and most searing urban dramas ever produced, it never really resonated with the public at large (as well as with the cluelessly blind Emmy nominators). It's a blessing that series creator David Simon got the fifth and final season he desired, but the show's passing is likely to be more of a critical rather than cultural sensation. As for Battlestar: It will go down as one of the all-time great sci-fi/fantasy series, and it has slowly and surely gained industry as well as critical and fan respect, but again, it is regarded as more of a "cult" phenom. It reinforced, though probably didn't define, the Sci Fi brand the way The Shield did for FX. Still, each of these series will leave a remarkable footprint and legacy, and we'll always say we were lucky to have had them.

Question: I'm not sure you actually get why we "greedy" fans are so upset about the Battlestar Galactica scheduling issues. Unlike all the long-hiatus shows you mentioned in your recent column, these episodes will have already been written and filmed, even gone through postproduction, and the Sci Fi Channel would be simply refusing to show them, just to package the DVDs separately and stretch the shelf life of their flagship show. Yes, patience is a virtue and we'll get the episodes eventually, but this would be a terrible marketing move. Heroes had a significant ratings drop after just a few weeks on hiatus, and the network responded with the exact opposite strategy: no midseason breaks at all. As you said, this meant a longer wait between seasons for Heroes fans, but that's the price for a full, unbroken run of episodes that hooks people and tells a complete story. Meanwhile, the way to send Galactica out with a bang is... to go off the air for eight months (already), then insert an unnecessary, excessively long break right before the finale? Maureen Ryan of the Chicago Tribune made the best analogy: For BSG fans, it's like being told right before the release of the long-anticipated final Harry Potter book that you can only read the first half. Casual viewers lose interest in a serialized show that's been off so long they can't remember what was happening. (Is The 4400 still on the air? I had no idea until you mentioned it.) Diehard fans will always tune in, which is what Sci Fi is banking on, but that's a reason to respect our love of the show, not insensitively push our limits. It feels to me like the network takes our cult devotion for granted, and they've given up on anyone else ever watching the show.— Nicole, New York

Matt Roush: You may be amused to know that the very day this e-mail arrived, the lovely and talented Maureen Ryan [Chicago Tribune] weighed in to yours truly, challenging my glib dismissal of Battlestar fans' concerns. And can I just say: mea culpa. Especially considering the way Sci Fi left The Dresden Files devotees dangling so long before confirming the news of that show's cancellation, at the very least I should have acknowledged the fact that making BSG fans wait nearly a year between halves of the final season would be a slap in the face, truly taking their support of the show for granted. But once again, Sci Fi insists no decision has yet been made on how the final season will be scheduled and how long the break will be between the first and second halves. Maybe the early outcry (I won't call it whining anymore) will bring them to their senses. However, where BSG is concerned, I do sense that the network has pretty much given up expecting the ratings to ever grow, and even should the entire final season air without a break (which isn't likely to happen), it's not like this most demanding and daring of space dramas is going to become a sudden hit. The fans will show up whenever these episodes air, and obviously it would be better if the split were something like winter-summer rather than a break from winter '08 to winter '09. Still, considering what happened to Farscape back in the day, getting this final season however it's scheduled is something to celebrate, not lament.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        From TV Guide Online:

Ask Matt

Matt Roush
                        Friday, September 14, 2007

The end of Battlestar Galactica; Men in Trees left hanging; and Matt's fall picks

Question: Love your columns, and I wanted your insight on something. In the next year, The Shield, The Wire and Battlestar Galactica all begin their final seasons. As three of the greatest television series of all time come to an end around the same time, which do you think will pack the biggest punch in its last episodes?— Annan

Matt Roush: Love the question, but it's impossible to know in advance which will knock us out the most, and it's risky playing one against the other in gauging their impact as we prepare for their swan songs. (Battlestar's being muddied by questions about its final-season scheduling, as I'll address further down.) I would say that of the three, The Shield has probably had the greatest impact on the overall TV landscape, single-handedly establishing the FX brand as something bold, adult and risky: HBO with commercials, we liked to say at the time. The Shield has also been remarkably consistent (much more so than FX's other breakthroughs, including Nip/Tuck and recent episodes of Rescue Me) and continues to set the bar for the network. Whereas The Wire is undeniably one of the greatest and most searing urban dramas ever produced, it never really resonated with the public at large (as well as with the cluelessly blind Emmy nominators). It's a blessing that series creator David Simon got the fifth and final season he desired, but the show's passing is likely to be more of a critical rather than cultural sensation. As for Battlestar: It will go down as one of the all-time great sci-fi/fantasy series, and it has slowly and surely gained industry as well as critical and fan respect, but again, it is regarded as more of a "cult" phenom. It reinforced, though probably didn't define, the Sci Fi brand the way The Shield did for FX. Still, each of these series will leave a remarkable footprint and legacy, and we'll always say we were lucky to have had them.

Question: I'm not sure you actually get why we "greedy" fans are so upset about the Battlestar Galactica scheduling issues. Unlike all the long-hiatus shows you mentioned in your recent column, these episodes will have already been written and filmed, even gone through postproduction, and the Sci Fi Channel would be simply refusing to show them, just to package the DVDs separately and stretch the shelf life of their flagship show. Yes, patience is a virtue and we'll get the episodes eventually, but this would be a terrible marketing move. Heroes had a significant ratings drop after just a few weeks on hiatus, and the network responded with the exact opposite strategy: no midseason breaks at all. As you said, this meant a longer wait between seasons for Heroes fans, but that's the price for a full, unbroken run of episodes that hooks people and tells a complete story. Meanwhile, the way to send Galactica out with a bang is... to go off the air for eight months (already), then insert an unnecessary, excessively long break right before the finale? Maureen Ryan of the Chicago Tribune made the best analogy: For BSG fans, it's like being told right before the release of the long-anticipated final Harry Potter book that you can only read the first half. Casual viewers lose interest in a serialized show that's been off so long they can't remember what was happening. (Is The 4400 still on the air? I had no idea until you mentioned it.) Diehard fans will always tune in, which is what Sci Fi is banking on, but that's a reason to respect our love of the show, not insensitively push our limits. It feels to me like the network takes our cult devotion for granted, and they've given up on anyone else ever watching the show.— Nicole, New York

Matt Roush: You may be amused to know that the very day this e-mail arrived, the lovely and talented Maureen Ryan [Chicago Tribune] weighed in to yours truly, challenging my glib dismissal of Battlestar fans' concerns. And can I just say: mea culpa. Especially considering the way Sci Fi left The Dresden Files devotees dangling so long before confirming the news of that show's cancellation, at the very least I should have acknowledged the fact that making BSG fans wait nearly a year between halves of the final season would be a slap in the face, truly taking their support of the show for granted. But once again, Sci Fi insists no decision has yet been made on how the final season will be scheduled and how long the break will be between the first and second halves. Maybe the early outcry (I won't call it whining anymore) will bring them to their senses. However, where BSG is concerned, I do sense that the network has pretty much given up expecting the ratings to ever grow, and even should the entire final season air without a break (which isn't likely to happen), it's not like this most demanding and daring of space dramas is going to become a sudden hit. The fans will show up whenever these episodes air, and obviously it would be better if the split were something like winter-summer rather than a break from winter '08 to winter '09. Still, considering what happened to Farscape back in the day, getting this final season however it's scheduled is something to celebrate, not lament.
                        *sigh* It really is a slap in the face.

Annnnd, the winning Razor cover art:

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          From TV Guide Online:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.) And can I just say: mea culpa. Especially considering the way Sci Fi left The Dresden Files devotees dangling so long before confirming the news of that show's cancellation, at the very least I should have acknowledged the fact that making BSG fans wait nearly a year between halves of the final season would be a slap in the face, truly taking their support of the show for granted. But once again, Sci Fi insists no decision has yet been made on how the final season will be scheduled and how long the break will be between the first and second halves. Maybe the early outcry (I won't call it whining anymore) will bring them to their senses. However, where BSG is concerned, I do sense that the network has pretty much given up expecting the ratings to ever grow, and even should the entire final season air without a break (which isn't likely to happen), it's not like this most demanding and daring of space dramas is going to become a sudden hit. The fans will show up whenever these episodes air, and obviously it would be better if the split were something like winter-summer rather than a break from winter '08 to winter '09. Still, considering what happened to Farscape back in the day, getting this final season however it's scheduled is something to celebrate, not lament.

**snippage**
                          *sigh*

Having watched Stargate SG-1 pretty consistently from about S5 onward, and having been a fan of Farscape, and having seen yet other things that Sci-Fi has done to its shows over the years, I think I can very confidently say this:

Someone at Sci-Fi (most likely someone pretty high up in the chain who is thus more difficult to justify getting rid of as an employee) has been making bad decisions for a very, very long time. Every time they have something that honestly could become a fantastic, long-running show, they appear to very consistently do random things that usually tend to a) treat the viewers badly and b) ruin the appeal of the show. This is not to say the shows are no longer good; not at all. It is the network's treatment of the shows it produces that sucks big-big.

See the bolded points in the snip above? Especially the one about Farscape. I read that they were filming an episode one day and someone just waled on the set and told them they were canceled, just like that, without any real warning.

That's not the way you treat a flagship product, and the fans were quite justifiably ticked.
                          Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

The cover art is cool, but now there's a furore about the BSG, i. e. the BattleStar Group. It's not 75 for Pegasus, but something else. 62 perhaps? Anyway, that apparently is under control and they'll put the proper group in the final version.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think it's 63 for Pegasus.

Comment

TV WEEK - September 18th

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibberd/

excerpt:

The Sci Fi Channel is wrestling with a pair of key decisions for its acclaimed “Battlestar Galactica” series: whether to break the highly anticipated final chapter into two 10-episode seasons, and deciding whether to greenlight a two-hour pilot for the long-gestating “Caprica” spinoff.

Sci Fi executives attending the NBC Universal pre-Emmy party at Spago in Beverly Hills Saturday said the decision whether to split the final season was an ongoing discussion, but at least one network programmer was firmly against the idea.

As is often the case with the lavishly produced series, the issue is “the money people,” as one executive put it. Since “Battlestar” eats a considerable portion of the Sci Fi programming budget, the network might be forced to spread the resulting product across two seasons.

Showrunner Ron Moore shrugged off the issue. “It doesn’t affect my job either way, since we’re shooting it straight through,” he says. “It might be better to get it all done [in the same year] for the fans so they don’t have to wait.”

click on link for full article

Comment

Working...
                                X