X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adm. Cain's Secrets From The Grave
    Link: http://www.syfyportal.com/news423777.html
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmutt View Post
      "Caprica" prequel confirmed by RDM and EJO in this interview!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

P.S. Have to wait until the end to hear them say it

Spoiler:
      Never gonna give you up...never gonna turn your down, or hurt YOUUUUU

Wow that was not even remotely funny.

Comment

From TV Squad

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/06/27/ba...ess-tour-part/

OK folks, I'm a bit jetlaggy and all out of sorts, but this is the best I could pull together for you until I'm back on my game later today. As you know, I'm out in Vancouver at a "digital press tour" thrown by Sci Fi for several of its hits shows, including, of course, Battlestar Galactica. As part of the tour, we were all given DVDs of the interview panels we did for each of the shows (Eureka, Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica).

I'd like to thank the folks of Sci Fi and of course the guys from Battlestar who took the time to come sit with us for an hour.

Part one of the panel is after the jump. I'll have the second part ready later today. Enjoy!

GO TO LINK FOR VIDEO

Comment

Great interview! Loved the stories about Robin Williams and various other people (famous and not) being very.....enthusiastic, about the show.

Can't wait for part two.

Comment

Part 2 of TV Squad's interviews are up (videos)

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/06/27/ba...press-tour-p2/

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Part 2 of TV Squad's interviews are up (videos)

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/06/27/ba...press-tour-p2/
              Prion, what would we do without you?

Comment

Cylon, Farewell, It's Time to Say Goodbye

''Battlestar Galactica'' stars Michael Hogan and Katee Sackhoff tell EW.com about the upcoming fourth -- and final -- season, what it's like acting with one eye, and whether or not Thrace lives.

A frak-load went down in BSG's revelatory third season, but none went through more than rough-edged warriors Col. Saul Tigh and Capt. Kara ''Starbuck'' Thrace. Tigh lost an eye and killed his Cylon-collaborating wife, only to discover that — oops! — he's a toaster too. And Starbuck, well, she died — only to pop up in her fighter next to Capt. Lee Adama in the season finale.

So, for this EW 100 online extra, we jumped on the phone with Hogan, 58, and Sackhoff, 27, in celebration of the momentous season — mere days, it turned out, before the announcement that the fourth season of BSG, launching Jan. 2008, would be the show's last. In a quick follow-up the day after the news broke, both actors said that they weren't surprised by the announcement — it had been on-set scuttlebutt for months, explains Hogan, but ''when you hear it announced officially, you go, Whoa, OK, they're serious.'' Still, he says, ''it would be good to finish while it's hot.'' Sackhoff agrees, and she's excited for what's ahead: ''I can imagine now, knowing that this is our last year, that it's going to be such a tremendously amazing, action-packed season.'' She adds, ''I think by the end of this season, Kara Thrace will have said everything she needed to say.'' Wait, so does that mean Starbuck's alive?! Read on and see for yourself...

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let's start at the end — last season's finale was quite the humdinger. How did you two react when you first got the script?
                MICHAEL HOGAN: Disbelief. I couldn't believe it. And I still can't believe it. That was my reaction to it.
                KATEE SACKHOFF: I think everyone was pretty shocked. My feeling was that it made sense that the four [final Cylons] were all aligned with a person in power who could individually take down the fleet if they wanted to. Col. Tigh's with Adama, Tori's with the president, Tyrol controls the ship, and Anders is with, you know, Starbuck.

Speaking of that, Katee, do you know what the heck Starbuck is?
                HOGAN: [Chuckles]
                SACKHOFF: No. And even if I did, I couldn't tell you. I have no idea what she is. I have no idea if I'm alive or if I'm dead.

Can you at least confirm if you're, you know, corporeal? That you're not just a figment of poor Apollo's mind?
                SACKHOFF: Well, I do know that I am [corporeal]. Not a figment. And if I am, I'm a figment of everyone's imagination.

Michael, had you ever thought that Tigh would be a Cylon?
                HOGAN: Never. Never at all. Someone told me that there was a survey on the Net and that Tigh was the second lowest of everyone ever involved in BSG [suspected] of being a Cylon.

How are you managing that?
                HOGAN: Well, I haven't had to manage it yet, because we're [shooting] the flashback movie, but it hasn't been that much of a problem yet because Tigh doesn't believe [he's a Cylon]. He doesn't know what's going on. And Hogan's not convinced that he's a Cylon.
                SACKHOFF: [Cackles] I love it. I love that you can justify anything on a sci-fi show.

The use of a remixed version of Bob Dylan's ''All Along the Watchtower'' in the finale was also pretty striking.
                SACKHOFF: I couldn't believe they got the rights.
                HOGAN: Neither could I. I've been very affected by that song since it first came out, so it's very spooky that that's the one they used.

Michael, did you know that's what you were hearing when you were hearing the ship ''sing''?
                HOGAN: Yes. Tigh wouldn't know that that's ''All Along the Watchtower,'' but yeah. We did know that that's what it was. Now whether they were going to actually get the rights to it, and we were going to use it, was another issue.

This past season was such a pivotal one for Tigh and Starbuck, but your characters didn't have much time together.
                HOGAN: No, but we've never really had much time together.
                SACKHOFF: I was disappointed that they didn't dive deeper into the friendship that they developed down on New Caprica.
                HOGAN: Yeah, exactly. It was interesting that I grew to have an immense amount of respect for Starbuck over that time. She was definitely a thorn in my shoe, but I had to respect her. Because if there's anybody I want beside me when we get into the thick of things, it's Starbuck. She's my first choice, for anything — not that we would get along.
                SACKHOFF: [Pause] When you said that, I felt flattered. I was like, ''Oh, that's so sweet.'' And then I was like, ''Wait a minute, he's talking about Starbuck.'' [Laughing]
                HOGAN: Oh, I was talking about Sackhoff too.
                SACKHOFF: Oh yeah, uh-huh. [Laughing]
                HOGAN: Because you never know what the hell she's going to do! Some of the rest of [the actors] are predictable, but oh my God, no acting required when you're with Sackhoff, right?
                SACKHOFF: Right, exactly. Because everyone knows I wake up and I am Starbuck, right?
                HOGAN: Exactly.

Have you shared acting tips on how to play someone who's completely plastered?
                SACKHOFF: I think the only acting tips on acting drunk that we ever [got] were, you know, the wrap parties every year. We have a cast that's really, really close, so I think we all like to, uh — well, I can't speak for everyone, but when I'm with them, I like to tie one on. [Laughs] I just take mental notes on bar napkins all the time.

Katee, how will you manage your role on BSG and your recurring role on NBC's new Bionic Woman series?
                SACKHOFF: I hope to be able to do both well, and to do both as much as possible. That's every actor's dream. They've certainly facilitated it enough for me, considering they're [shooting] both of them in Vancouver.

Michael, any non-BSG projects in the hopper?
                SACKHOFF: Michael's in Bionic Woman!
                HOGAN: Yeah, man, yeah. But aside from that, no. It's BSG, BSG, BSG.

That's right, there are several BSG actors in Bionic Woman.
                HOGAN: Yeah, we're probably contract players for [BSG and Bionic Woman exec. Producer] David Eick.
                SACKHOFF: I'm the only one who had to audition for the damn thing! David came up to Canada and just started giving parts to these guys. I worked my ass off! [Laughter]
                HOGAN: Once Sackhoff was in there, he knew he needed someone to calm her down.

Katee, what do you know about Michael that we wouldn't necessarily expect from his role on BSG?
                SACKHOFF: When you see Col. Tigh, and then you see [Michael] with his family, the coolest thing is that he's such a devoted dad and husband. When I first saw him with his wife, it made no sense to me. I was like, ''Wait a second, that's so weird! He's so sweet!'' Like, he has a dog, and he's like, ''Let's go kayaking and go to the beach!''

Michael, any juicy insights about Katee?
                HOGAN: Nothing as flattering as that. I think it's obvious the dedication that she has to her craft. She has all the makings of a huge star and a major celebrity, but the art of the craft is the main thing for her. You work with a lot of young people where they've got things backwards. They don't have longevity. I could tell right away that, ''Wow, that lady's a natural. She's got all the tools in place.''
                SACKHOFF: I'll take that! I'll take that in lieu of a husband and kids any day! That was nice! [Laughs] That was a better compliment than I gave you, in my eyes!
                HOGAN: Well, I'll call you later and you can call Adam back and say, ''What I meant to say about Hogan...''
                SACKHOFF: Yeah, exactly, you're going to have to give me the money and the script and I'll call him back.

Katee, what would you like to see happen to Starbuck next season?
                SACKHOFF: We'd shot maybe one episode of the last season, and TV Guide asked me, can you tell us anything about the series, and I said as a joke, ''Yeah, I'm a Cylon, and I die.'' And then seven episodes [later] I get a phone call from David and [executive producer] Ron [Moore] going, ''Just so you know, we love you, but we're going to kill you.'' So I want to say I have no idea what's going to happen, and I just hope that it leaves the fans happy.

Is your presence on the show going to be what it was in previous seasons?
                SACKHOFF: Unless I piss David off, yes. [Laughter]

Michael, is hard to act with one eye?
                HOGAN: [Laughs] Yes it is. Television actors especially, your main tools are your eyes and I got 50 percent of my tools taken away at the beginning of last season. I think it's worked amazingly, but it does get frustrating. You're kind of in a tunnel. You have no peripheral vision. But I've got a friend in town here that's got a full prosthetic on his head. When I listen to him talk, I'm like ''****, I'm alright.'' Ron wanted something [to remind us of] New Caprica, the occupation, something permanent. I appreciate that. It's fascinating, but to act with it is a real pain, man.

Katee, anything you'd like to see out of Tigh?
                SACKHOFF: If the final four we found out from last season are Cylons, you know, there's a side to you that wants to be in the club. Really. You kind of go, ''Well, if they're Cylons....'' It makes you wonder if the Cylons aren't the good guys, if you can't kind of co-exist. I'd like to see that if these four are Cylons, that we don't pick up guns and kill them.
                HOGAN: Yeah, and it's interesting to see if being a Cylon can not necessarily be a bad thing.
                SACKHOFF: How interesting would it be, though, if Starbuck got back from Earth and she knew who the four Cylons were.
                HOGAN: I have scenes with [Cylon] Number Six in [the first season four] episode, and I'm really looking forward to playing them. Tigh's going to be very curious to have meetings with her now. I'm going to want something completely different out of her.

Katee, at the end of last season, we're definitely left with impression that Starbuck could very well be the final unknown Cylon. Any resolution to that question?
                SACKHOFF: No. I think there's better choices out there for the final Cylon, to be honest. Even if she was, I don't think she'd ever believe it. I just don't think that she would ever wrap her brain around that. It will be very interesting to find out.

It does appear that she's the Keanu Reeves of the BSG universe, the savior. Does that role sit well with you as an actor?
                SACKHOFF: I don't know. I think Starbuck's used to carrying around a heavy load, and she can handle a lot of responsibilities. She may do it with a chip on her shoulder and she may not do it the most reasonable way, but she always seems to get things done.
                HOGAN: There is no escape from this. There's only 30-something-thousand of us left. In any other walk of life, you'd kind of go somewhere else, but none of us have anywhere else to go. So that tempers your acceptance of things. We haven't hugged anybody in a long time. We're just in a battleship.
                SACKHOFF: I'm going to tell [the producers] that I'm hugging you in the next episode. [Laughing] I'm just going to walk up to you in the [command center] and give you a big frakkin' hug!
                HOGAN: And I'll say, ''Gee, I needed that!''

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2004...%27%27%27s+end
                Once a MARINE, Always a MARINE

God Bless, Protect, and Speed,

Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX

Irish by ancestry, American by birth, but MARINE by the grace of God.
                Fortitudine Vincit, In Deo Speramus, Semper Fidelis

SEMPERTOONS: http://www.sempertoons.com/
                SEMPERTOONS Store: www.cafepress.com/sempertoons

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Prion, what would we do without you?
                  Dunno

but anyway, go to http://www.thetvaddict.com/ to check out several links on the scifi digital press tour. Didn't post all links as some lead to spoilers. you'll see

Comment

Doctor Gaius Baltar - Love'em or Hate'em
                    Link: http://www.ugo.com/a/love-or-hate/?p...r-gaius-baltar

Feeding your Starbuck addiction
                    Link: http://www.esquire.com/the-side/qa/sackhoff062807
                    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Loved the Katee Sackoff interview Doze, the business of her and her friend getting royally plastered had me in stitches.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Here you can read the first S4 episode titles:
                        http://gateworld.net/galactica/s4/index.shtml
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Two more web sites with articles and videos to watch from the Vancouver SciFi Digital Press Tour last week:

IGN: Cylons and Humans Speak: Battlestar Galactica Set Visit, Part 1

http://tv.ign.com/articles/801/801123p1.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article and to view the videos.)

On the set of Season 4, IGN takes part in a conversation with the actors behind Apollo, Sharon, Helo, Chief and Tigh.

by Eric Goldman

July 2, 2007 - This past week IGN was part of a very special opportunity given to a group of online press to visit the set of SCI FI Channel's acclaimed series Battlestar Galactica. As fans are now aware, the currently in production fourth season of Galactica will be the final one, making the chance to visit the set one that quite simply won't exist a year from now. As part of the visit, we were shown a number of fascinating things, including a tour of all of the familiar sets from the series, along with some brand new locations that offer some intriguing hints towards what's to come in Season 4 - look for a more detailed piece on all of that soon.

The highlight of the visit however was a Q&A with five key cast members from the series; Aaron Douglas ("'Chief' Galen Tyrol"), Michael Hogan ("Saul Tigh"), Jamie Bamber ("Lee 'Apollo' Adama"), Grace Park ("Sharon 'Athena' Agathon"), and Tahmoh Penikett ("Karl 'Helo' Agathon"). They were joined by Battlestar's line producer Harvey Frand and Mark Stern, SCI FI Channel's Executive Vice President of Programming, who served as moderator. Sitting nearby was SCI FI Channel's President, Bonnie Hammer, who also joined in the conversation periodically. Making the conversation even cooler was the fact that it was done on the Galactica hanger bay set, with the actors sitting in front of two full size Colonial Vipers, with another Viper and a Raptor sitting right nearby.

**snippage**

<><><><><>

And from TV Squad:

BSG - TV Squad: A tour of the sets of Battlestar Galactica

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/03/th...al-press-tour-
                          report-part-three/

(Please follow the link for the complete article. There are also some
                          very lovely photos at the site and links to download videos.)

The Sci Fi Digital Press Tour report, part three

Posted Jul 3rd 2007 10:03AM by Keith McDuffee

As great as the previous two set visits were, I think to most us us
                          they were just appetizers for the main course. Hold on tight -- it's
                          a doozy.

A tour of the sets of Battlestar Galactica

Back to Vancouver Film Studios, where once again we'd start with a
                          panel discussion with members of the cast before embarking on the set
                          tours (you can download video clips at the site)...

**snippage**

Following the panel, Production Designer Richard Hudolin [NOTE: Mr.
                          Hudolin was the original Production Designer for SG1 through 2001]
                          and Art Director Doug McLean [NOTE: Mr. McLean also worked for SG1
                          through 2002 and the observatory in "Singularity" was named after
                          him] took us for a tour of the remaining sets. I can't think of a
                          better couple of people to show us around these amazingly detailed
                          sets. These guys know what's behind every nook and every panel, what
                          every button doesn't do and why things are placed the way they are.
                          They're truly masters of their craft. OK I'll stop kissing their
                          asses now.

**major snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From MediaBlvd Magazine:

Exclusive Interview: Aaron Douglas

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/Ma...224322322.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

**snippage**

...Later in the evening, Aaron met with MediaBlvd Magazine for a casual conversation, over drinks, about the show, conventions, and what he would like to do after Battlestar.

<><><><><>

Also:

Battlestar Galactica: Secrets from the Set

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/Ma...224329329.html

<><><><><>

And, the MediaBlvd Magazine affiliated Radio Shows also have coverage:

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/Ma...224330330.html

Each show is hosted on http://blogtalkradio.com. Numerous celebrity guests, mostly from Battlestar Galactica and Jericho have been on the shows and have taken call ins from the fans. A complete archive of the celebrity audio is available at http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/Audio-Archives.html. Note, there were lots of earlier efforts before the current format was settled upon, so the archive contains multiple differently branded shows.

<><><><><>

And, last, but certainly not least, video clips from all four panels (BSG, SGA, Eureka, and Flash Gordon):

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/Ma...224327327.html

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

'Razor' Finds Commander Between Rock, Hard Place *Spoiler Link*
                              Link: http://www.syfyportal.com/news423859.html
                              Doze Out...

Comment

Two BSG Panels Set for Comic Con 2007

Thursday

11:45-12:45 Richard Hatch: Battlestar Galactica Forum—Richard Hatch (Tom Zarek/Capt Apollo), composer Bear McCreary, Dr. Kevin Grazier (BSG science consultant), and special surprise guests conduct a provocative and humorous discussion of Battlestar Galactica, both new and classic. Includes trailers, comic reel, and Q&A session. Room 6A

Saturday

2:15-3:15 Battlestar Galactica—Michelle Tauber of People Magazine calls it “an instantly addictive, girl-powered show that packs emotional punch, rip-roaring adventure and surprisingly sexy heat.” Come see what all the buzz is about as SCI FI celebrates the ladies of Battlestar Galactica. Panelists include Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Kara “Starbuck” Thrace), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Ronald D. Moore (executive producer), David Eick (executive producer), and Erik Storey (VP, original programming, SCI FI). Moderated by Mark Bernardin of Entertainment Weekly magazine. Ballroom 20

For more information http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07_prog_sat.php
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X