Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's a novelisation of the mini-series?

Comment

From Christian Science Monitor:

2005 Gift Guide: TV series on DVD

December 16, 2005

Battlestar Galactica: Seasons 1 & 2 ($59.98, $49.98 )

This is not your father's "Battlestar Galactica." It's not your children's, either. With its sex scenes and violence, this revisionist version of the 1970s show earns its late time slot on the Sci-Fi Channel. In fact, the only reminders of the old series are some of the spaceship designs and the plot about a fleet of humans fleeing their destroyed worlds with their aggressors, the Cylons, in hot pursuit. By shunning the "Star Trek" model (no alien monsters here), creator Ronald D. Moore has fashioned a space drama rather than a space opera. This thoughtful allegory about 9/11 is one of the best sci-fi shows ever. Extras: Moore's erudite commentary on each episode will add mileage to these discs.

Click on the link to see the rest of the selections.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I don't know I have every episode except for two on my computer including the miniseries...and have a geforce 6800gt...plus getting a brand new high end monitor for my x-mas...which means i will set them up in a double kick ass system...but onto...

MY POINT!

I would rather have it all on my computer than in DVD's or at least have it on my computer then burn it to a disk to save space and watch that way...its what I did for the entire B5 series and movies (ohh yeah). If they started pinching us on the downloads or if I got a notice of being caught I wouldn't mind paying $2-$5 an episode that is DVD quality. I mean if you break it down to what they get in advertising and then you say put it in some good encrypted format that will only work on the computer so people can't burn it over to mpeg then yeah I think its reasonable.

Comment

I've noticed that the producers seem to be avoiding American made weapons, and using European ones.

For example the Colonial Marines in "Bastille Day" were using the silenced variant of the FN Herstal P90, with waht looked like a British made SUSAT optical sight attached.
          The firing party at Zak Adama's funeral used SA80 asssault rifles, current issue for the British infantyman.
          the pistol Galactica-Boomer used to try and kill herself appeaed to a member of the Glock family.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

From AskMen.Com:

Grace Park

Tricia Helfer

Click on the links to read the features.

Comment

Originally posted by userfriendly
              neither in the european store

but anyway, i ordered my miniseries & season 1 dvds yesterday, the season 2 dvd(s) will follow.

regarding the topic: the people who sell these dvds (i ordered the uk version) have gotten my money only because i was able to see the episodes. hadn't it been for p2p filesharing, i wouldn't have seen them until they were aired in german free tv (which hasn't happened, and even then it would have had ugly german synchronization).

the above mentioned article (the pdf) states an interesting aspect regarding new distribution models. it is a good read.
              I agree entirely. Without a friend copying the eps to my iPod I wouldnt be buying the dvd's either.

Comment

Even More Resurrection Ship Spoiler Pictures

*WARNING: Spoiler Alert*

Click on the link to see the pictures.

Comment

From DVD Talk:

Battlestar Galactica - Season 2.0

"Mankind's true nature will always assert itself." - Number Six

Lengthy review, but a good read.

Last edited by Sci-Fi; 19 December 2005, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Shiny things go boom! Sweet!

Comment

Finally the gorgeous Grace Park is on the cover on the DVD!!!!! Yippie!!!!
                      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                        Even More Resurrection Ship Spoiler Pictures

*WARNING: Spoiler Alert*

Click on the link to see the pictures.

Meh! Too bad we couldn't have merged out threads... I can't figure out how to delete mine now, as it's but a redundancy now.

Great snaps, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                          Meh! Too bad we couldn't have merged out threads... I can't figure out how to delete mine now, as it's but a redundancy now.

Great snaps, though.
                          The mods can do that (I think, actually I'm pretty sure they can). Just PM one of them.

Comment

From MSN:

*Warning: Spoiler Alert*

Battlestar Galactica season 2 - "Resign" (MSN Video)

Led by starship commander Adama (Edward James Olmos) and politician and possible presidential successor Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell), the crew of the Battlestar Galactica searches the galaxy for the mythic 13th Colony of Kobol.

Note: the above caption doesn't describe the video.

Comment

Finally, an all out battle. Looks awesome.
                              Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=33802

Galactica's Moore Develops More SF

NBC Universal Television Studio has signed a two-year development deal with Ronald D. Moore, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica, to create and develop series, with an emphasis on SF projects. Moore has already set up the fantasy series Pen and the Sword for NBC and the supernatural series Warehouse 13 for SCI FI. Moore will continue to oversee Galactica, which returns with new episodes on Jan. 6.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X