• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ath_of_st.html

CHICAGO TRIBUNE
    March 5, 2007
    The 'death' of Starbuck and the mind-blowing 'Battlestar Galactica' season finale

Given what happened in Sunday’s episode of “Battlestar Galactica,” you may have questions about Kara “Starbuck” Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) and whether she’s dead or alive.
    I have questions too, but they’re different ones: How do the creators of this show keep coming up with such gripping season finales? And if fans are in a tizzy now, what will they think of the mind-bending season finale? I can’t even imagine.
    Sci Fi Channel sent certain members of the media the last few episodes of “Battlestar Galactica’s” third season. And it’s my fervent hope that nobody, including me, spoils the major details of the end of the season for “Battlestar” fans.

MORE at link above
    Great article!

Especially can't wait to see

-really, really, really, nitpicky spoiler-
    Spoiler:
    The credit sequence changes from episode to episode.

Comment

This is the full play by play for the last 2 episodes from someone who's seen the screeners. A lot of the details match those posted by another poster earlier on TWOP. This is extremely detailed. If you have any doubt at all, you should not read them. It spoils so much I'm even putting the link in the spoiler tags

Comment

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...sion-headlines

NEWSDAY
        March 16 2007

If you think "Battlestar Galactica" is the most profoundly human and socially provocative drama on TV today, then you probably also think its cyborg race of Cylons is a Bob Dylan cult.

And each case, you might well be right.
        Because just when you think you know where this mesmerizing behavioral exploration is heading, you get slapped in the face with another think.

In recent weeks, "Galactica" has gotten both brass-tacks contemporary - putting the legal system on trial along with a supposed terrorist traitor who's viewed by half the populace as the devil and by the other half as god - and metaphysically mystical. The whopper came two weeks ago when troubled two-fisted series heroine Starbuck (Katee Sackhoff) suicidally plunged her fighter craft into a nebula, haunted by memories of an abusive childhood, an oracle's prediction of a "special destiny," and the desire to "discover what happens in the space between life and death."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03202007...don_kaplan.htm

'GALACTICA' PREPARES FOR END

March 20, 2007 -- 'BATTLESTAR Galactica" may be making its final landing after next year.

The creators of Sci Fi Channel's acclaimed space opera are considering ending it after its fourth season, according to studio sources.

"Like many other serial dramas, such as 'Lost' or 'The Shield,' these series have a beginning, a middle and an end," says an insider at Universal, the studio that produces "Galactica."

"Right now it seems to have become fashionable for the makers of these shows to talk about how and when they want their series to end."

In recent months, the creators of "Lost," ABC's increasingly confusing island drama, have said they hope to end the series in about two years, but ABC brass has downplayed their statements.

"With any of these shows lately, it's comes down to the basic struggle between business and creative," says an official at a rival cable network.

"Galactica" is nearly done with its third season and Sci Fi execs are expected to inform advertisers tomorrow about when its fourth season will begin.

MORE AT LINKS ABOVE

Comment

Letting Canadian BSG fans know that RDM's previous show for HBO, Carnivale, makes it's cable tv debut on the History Channel tonight at 10pm pst.

Comment

Dunno if this is old news or not (it's new to me) but it looks like Katee Sackhoff has been cast in the pilot ep of the Bionic Woman remake. Futon Critic only mentions the pilot, but it'd be nifty if she wound up as recurring. Assuming she isn't killed in the pilot.

Meanwhile Tricia Helfer's gonna be in Skiffy's Phenomenon, which sounds a bit like Wonder Cabinet, an uniared pilot from Morgan & Wong of X-Files fame Them, about an "alien sleeper cell" in the US.
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 21 March 2007, 03:09 PM. Reason: because I can't read

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Dunno if this is old news or not (it's new to me) but it looks like Katee Sackhoff has been cast in the pilot ep of the Bionic Woman remake. Futon Critic only mentions the pilot, but it'd be nifty if she wound up as recurring. Assuming she isn't killed in the pilot.

Meanwhile Tricia Helfer's gonna be in Skiffy's Phenomenon, which sounds a bit like Wonder Cabinet, an uniared pilot from Morgan & Wong of X-Files fame.
              That's all new news- I believe Sackhoff is playing an evil bionic woman called Sarah.

Sounds like Helfer's going to be busy- I read today that she'll be in another David Eick pilot for Fox called "Them", which if gets picked up means she'll be starring in it and BSG simultaniously. No wonder she quit "Canada's Next Top Model".

Comment

Oops, yeah, she's in Them, not Phenomenon. My bad.

Them sounds kinda interesting (and a bit implausible as a valid series), but I have no interest in Bionic Woman.

Comment

Hi,

I've finsihed and published a new interview with Leah Cairns (Racetrack):
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi..._cairns_01.htm

The audio is available.
                  I hope there are not too many mistakes in the transcript. Transcribing isn't my best skill ...
                  Gilles
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                  Ben Browder interview
                  Beau Bridges interview

Comment

March 22nd

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....star_gala.html

'Battlestar Galactica' gets a 22-hour fourth season
                    Sci Fi has upped its series order for the fourth season of “Battlestar Galactica” to 22 hours.

When the show’s fourth season renewal was announced a few weeks ago, Sci Fi would only say that the next season of the show would have “at least” 13 hours.

But according to a Sci Fi press release on Thursday, Season 4 will consist of a standalone, two-hour “extended event” that will also be released to DVD, plus 20 hours of episodic television. The last two seasons of “Battlestar” have also had 20 episodes each.

“We're well into the stories for season four and trust me, you haven't seen anything yet,” “Battlestar”
                    writer Mark Verheiden noted on his blog on Thursday.

One thing the Thursday press release did not address was whether, as has been rumored, Season 4 of “Battlestar” will be the last season of the show. Just as the show itself has many nailbiting scenarios, we’ll just have to wait and see. “Battlestar’s” fourth season is expected to begin airing in January 2008.

Executive producer Ron Moore, creator of the new “Battlestar Galactica” series, said in a January Tribune interview that the two-hour DVD film will not wrap up the Season 3 cliffhanger that is set to air on Sunday.

REST OF ARTICLE AND PRESS RELEASE AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Does anyone have any news on a release date for the Season 3.0 DVDs?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Interview with Mary McDonnell

TV Guide, 22.March 2007

Comment

Look guys, just be happy & relieved BSG has gotten a FULL 20 episode order & as a bonus for us fans, a two-hour DVD movie. NBC-Universal isn't stupid; BSG DVD's are raking in a frakkin ton of money; the show has won a Peabody award; James Callis & Katee Sackhoff are nominated for Saturn awards and the show is critically acclaimed. To the detracters who say "yeah, a full order is cool, but, they haven't addressed whether or not there will be a season 5, I say "don't put the cart before the horse." Let's take the 20 episodes & the DVD movie for now. If RDM & the writers get the writing back up to the level of "Malestrom" & "Crossroads" for the season 4 shows, getting season 5 will be a piece of cake. SCI-FI channel used to run a promo many years ago to promote BSG/TOS marathons. I think it is appropriate for 2007. It goes something like this: 'I want my Battlestar Galactica!"

Comment

Hey! :-)

Originally posted by Wallpaperman View Post
                            I've finsihed and published a new interview with Leah Cairns (Racetrack):http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi..._cairns_01.htm
                            Thanks a lot for that. The interview is great. It's wonderful to learn more about Mrs. Cairns. Thx! :-)

Greetings,
                            Mel
                            Whatever. Whereever. Have a nice day.

Comment

I have also a great news for you, Leah will answer all your questions directly!
                              You can ask a question or simply leave her a message and she will answer you as soon as she can.
                              Here is the link where to do that: http://board.thescifiworld.net/viewforum.php?f=56
                              Gilles
                              http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                              Ben Browder interview
                              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

TV Week Q&A with Ron Moore:

http://www.tvweek.com/article.cms?articleId=31699

Comment

Working...
                                X