This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarshAngel
    I didn't think this deserved its own thread but I came across these this morning: http://community.livejournal.com/pantsketch/99256.html

It's a Simpsonesque representation of the BSG characters. Very cute.

That´s cute.

Comment

SciFi Channel's new video download site, SciFi Pulse, is up and running at:

http://video.scifi.com/player.html

(You will need Macromedia Flash Player 8 to view.)

You can download and play:

SHOWS

Stargate SG-1 - watch deleted scene (Outtakes from Season 7 and Season 8! [including deleted scenes with Jack -- a fight scene!)

Battlestar Galactica - watch a full episode

Doctor Who - go behind the scenes

Ghost Hunters - See deleted and extended scenes

SciFi Brand Films - seel them all here - the channel ID ADS

Who Wants to be a Superhero - Vote Now!

MOVIES AND EVENTS

Teasers for: "Abominable," "House of the Dead," and "The Triangle."

MOST VIEWED

Battlestar Galactica episodes and David Eick's Videoblogs; Doctor Who - Ed Thomas, TARDIS Designer - behind the scenes

FEATURED

Combination of the above.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Wow, that's great! Thanks very much for the info!

Comment

Okay, apparently you can't direct link to SciFi Pulse, you have to
          enter from the main SciFi Channel page at:

http://www.scifi.com/

Look to the right side of the page for the SciFi Pulse area.

(Argh!)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From Comic Book Resources:

BSG #0 sells dynamite for Dynamite

by Arune Singh
            May 12, 2006

Official Press Release

May 12, 2006, Runnemede, NJ - Dynamite Entertainment today announced that they have set their initial print run for the launch of their all-new, ongoing Battlestar Galactica comic at over 175,000 copies in initial orders.

In addition to strong sales in the Direct Comics Market, copies of Galactica #0 will be used in promotional efforts at the upcoming Licensing show and at conventions across the country. A special promotion for the issue is also being planned with TV Guide, and more details on that arrangement are due in the coming days.

"We're obviously very happy with the reception #0 has had in all aspects of the marketplace," explained Dynamite spokesperson J. Allen. "And the outreach and promotional opportunities we're working on with Universal, SCIFI and others are sure to help drive customers into their local comics shop - for not only the specially priced #0 issue, but the ongoing series as well."

Retailers across the country also expressed their thoughts about the strong numbers and prospects for the Battlestar Galactica series:

"Dynamite Entertainment is blowing up the comic marketplace, again with their new comic, Battlestar Galactica. Battlestar Galactica is going to be huge, The hottest sci-fi show on the air, with a built in, rabid audience, numbering in the millions, there's no way we could over order on this title. Orders for this book are already blowing away our Red Sonja numbers. I guess they prefer blondes! And only 25 cents!! What a no-brainer! Anyone who doesn't order this book is missing the point."
            -- Bob Hoskins/Stormwatch Comics

"Dynamite has now brought out the Big Guns. Battlestar Galactica is the best show on TV.... and here comes the comic based on the show. Watch out for this instant top 10 book....it will sell out quickly. This is the frakking best book they have ever done!"
            -- Mike Malve/Atomic Comics

"I am not surprised at all to hear of the massive sales of Battlestar Galactica #0. BSG is the hottest property in sci-fi TV right now and you damn well know the folks at Dynamite are going to treat it right!"
            -- Patrick Brower/Graham Crackers Comics

Battlestar Galactica #0 is scheduled to ship to comic book stores in May. The first issue of the ongoing series is due in July.

ABOUT DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT
            DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT was founded in 2004 and is home to several best-selling titles and properties. Beginning with their Army of Darkness comic book series - launching as the #1 independent comic in July of '04 - and recently ranked the #1 selling Independent Horror comic -- and continuing to their best-selling Red Sonja series - issue #0 alone selling over 240,000 copies and ongoing issues and one-shots recently ranked among the best-selling titles in unit sales and dollar volume - and not only has Dynamite consistently released Red Sonja as THE top selling single comic outside of Marvel and DC Comics, Dynamite successfully places more titles in the Top 100 than most non-Marvel, non-DC publishers. Dynamite's new monthly Battlestar Galactica series is the company's first major launch of '06, debuting with an impressive 175,000 copies in initial orders sold for the introductory #0 issue.

Now, in addition to the ongoing Red Sonja and AOD series, DYNAMITE has launched the all-new Painkiller Jane series from creators Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti; is preparing to launch the Lone Ranger with Brett Matthews and John Cassaday, Battlestar Galactica with Greg Pak and Nigel Raynor, Classic Battlestar Galactica, the Re-Animator, Highlander as well as numerous Red Sonja mini-series and one-shots, including Red Sonja Vs. Thulsa Doom with Luke Lieberman and Peter David and a Red Sonja Vs. Claw cross-over with DC Comics' Wildstorm imprint, Dynamite has more on the horizon!

In addition to the creators mentioned - Dynamite works with some of the most high profile creators in comics, including Alex (Justice) Ross, John (Astonishing X-Men) Cassaday, Michael (Superman/Batman, Aspen Comics) Turner, Jim (All-Star Batman) Lee, Michael (Red Sonja) Avon Oeming, Mike (Red Sonja/X-Men) Carey, Jim (Justice) Kruegar, Greg (The Incredible Hulk) Pak, Brett (Serenity, The Lone Ranger) Matthews - as well as working with up and coming new talent and enhancing strong creators!

The company also produces new and classic material from such creators as Paul Gulacy, Doug Moench's Six from Sirius, Carlos Trillo and Eduardo Risso's Borderline and other titles, Jim Starlin Dreadstar, in addition to reprint editions of classic Red Sonja material and more. For updated information on Dynamite Entertainment and their titles, please visit the Dynamite website at www.dynamiteentertainment.com.
            It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Ummmm does anyone know where I can hear the soundtrack online? I've been looking for a couple hours....

Thanks,
              Sara

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                Ummmm does anyone know where I can hear the soundtrack online? I've been looking for a couple hours....

Thanks,
                Sara
                The entire thing or just snippets?

If you wanted snippets, you can hear bits of it at the composer's site.

http://www.bearmccreary.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99

Thanks,
                  Sara
                  the best czech bsg site in the world (I only wish I knew the language) has tons of downloads.....teasers and so and I think music had also been posted.

http://bsg-cz.net/

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER
                    the best czech bsg site in the world (I only wish I knew the language) has tons of downloads.....teasers and so and I think music had also been posted.

http://bsg-cz.net/
                    We've been e-mailed by Mr. McCreary, so we had to delete S2 Soundtrack samples.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Oops, I didn´t know about that.

May I say I really really love your site? It´s one of my BSG favourites. I crave for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER
                        Oops, I didn´t know about that.

May I say I really really love your site? It´s one of my BSG favourites. I crave for updates.
                        Thank you! We're planning something like english version of news and most of the site, but not until Season 3.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

That was extremely fun...Thanks Morjana for sharing that
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            That was extremely fun...Thanks Morjana for sharing that

You're very welcome.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From Comic Book Resources:

"Battlestar Galactica" #0 Debuts in "TV Guide"

by Arune Singh
                              May 15, 2006

Official Press Release

May 15, 2006, Runnemede, NJ - Dynamite Entertainment announced today that TV Guide is offering an exclusive sneak peak of their all-new Battlestar Galactica comic book series.

In cooperation with SCIFI, Universal and TV Guide, Dynamite's Battlestar Galactica #0 will be featured in the May 22nd issue, with subscriptions begin being mailed on May 15, 2006. The exposure of the comic is expected to reach millions of TV Guides weekly readers, and through it the fans of SCI-FI's hit TV series, Battlestar Galactica. An interview with series writer Greg Pak will be included to bring awareness of the comic to the potential untapped readers that TV Guide has to offer.

"We've been working on this for the past several months and could not say anything until now. TV Guide wanted an exclusive sneak peak of the interior pages, and were willing to work with us to promote the comics industry as part of the package, which to us is a key component. In our quest to help promote the comics industry, TV Guide is also promoting the 800 Comic Shop Locator Service (1-888-COMIC BOOK in the article. We ask that comics fans and retailers support TV Guide by picking up and carrying this issue. We're thrilled it all came together!," explained Dynamite Spokesperson J. Allen. "From Army of Darkness to Red Sonja, we've been working with top sellers, and Battlestar Galactica has the ability to bring the most attention to the comics market. The opportunity here for us, the fans, retailers and the industry is once-in-a-lifetime as millions of readers will be able to find out about the comic (of the hit SCI FI TV Show), and use that opportunity to pick up the first issue, available for just a quarter! Frak Yeah!"

Ileane Rudolph, Staff Writer for TV GUIDE added: "For those who can't wait until TV's smartest SCI FI show returns in October, the new, instantly involving comic Battlestar Galactica will satisfy any fan's hunger. It's a brand-new story that should appeal to both BSG veterans and comic book fans not -yet--acquainted with the show. In the first of 13 issues, writer Greg Pak quickly sets the pulse racing with the appearance of a ship under attack whose passengers appear to be Galactica crew members' long dead loved ones. Or are they really humanity's arch-enemies, the robotic Cylons? With just enough explanation for newcomers to the mythology, but not enough to slow down the action, I say thank "the Gods" for Dynamite Entertainment's Battlestar Galactica."

About Battlestar Galactica Originally produced by Universal Television and Glen A. Larson, the hit TV series, Battlestar Galactica, was first broadcast on ABC in September 1978. Starring Lorne Green, Richard Hatch, and Dirk Benedict, this epic space saga went on to become a veritable sci-fi classic. With just thirty-six episodes created, Battlestar Galactica has enjoyed syndication over the last two decades, most recently on the SCI FI Channel.

With its compelling storyline, memorable characters and exciting visual effects, millions of fans tuned in every week to join Commander Adama, Apollo, Starbuck and the crew of the Galactica on their journey through the galaxy. Hunted by the diabolical Cylons, a mechanical race set out to destroy all humans, the crew of the Galactica and its ragtag fleet of survivors' only hope was to find legendary planet Earth - believed to be the home of the missing Thirteenth Colony of Man.

Inspired by the classic series, this extraordinary story was re-imagined by the SCI FI Channel and NBC Universal Television Studio in December of 2003 in the form of a 4-hour miniseries event. Capturing a new generation of fans, Battlestar Galactica became the most-watched cable miniseries of the year and led SCI FI to continue the saga through a one-hour weekly series. Redefining the space opera with its gritty realism, the new Galactica, executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, has distinguished itself by the intensity and present day relevance of its stories and the command performances of its ensemble cast. Now one of television's most critically-lauded shows, Battlestar Galactica is currently in its second original season, airing on SCI FI Channel every Friday night at 10pm ET/PT.

About Universal Studios Consumer Products Group
                              Universal Studios Consumer Products Group (USCPG) is responsible for global licensing and retail strategies as well as building brand recognition of the extensive catalogue of NBC Universal properties. Universal Studios Consumer Products Group is a unit of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80% owned by General Electric and 20% owned by Vivendi Universal.

About Dynamite Entertainment
                              DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT was founded in 2004 and is home to several best-selling titles and properties. Beginning with their Army of Darkness comic book series - launching as the #1 independent comic in July of '04 - and recently ranked the #1 selling Independent Horror comic -- and continuing to their best-selling Red Sonja series - issue #0 alone selling over 240,000 copies and ongoing issues and one-shots recently ranked among the best-selling titles in unit sales and dollar volume - and not only has Dynamite consistently released Red Sonja as THE top selling single comic outside of Marvel and DC Comics, Dynamite successfully places more titles in the Top 100 than most non-Marvel, non-DC publishers. Dynamite's new monthly Battlestar Galactica series is the company's first major launch of '06, debuting with an impressive 175,000 copies in initial orders sold for the introductory #0 issue.

Now, in addition to the ongoing Red Sonja and AOD series, DYNAMITE is preparing and launching the all-new Painkiller Jane series from creators Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti; the Lone Ranger with Brett Matthews and John Cassaday, Battlestar Galactica with Greg Pak and Nigel Raynor, Classic Battlestar Galactica, the Re-Animator, Highlander, have launched Red Sonja Vs. Thulsa Doom with Luke Lieberman and Peter David and a Red Sonja Vs. Claw cross-over with DC Comics' Wildstorm imprint, Dynamite has more on the horizon!

In addition to the creators mentioned - Dynamite works with some of the most high profile creators in comics, including Alex (Justice) Ross, John (Astonishing X-Men) Cassaday, Michael (Superman/Batman, Aspen Comics) Turner, Jim (All-Star Batman) Lee, Michael (Red Sonja) Avon Oeming, Mike (Red Sonja/X-Men) Carey, Jim (Justice) Kruegar, Greg (The Incredible Hulk) Pak, Brett (Serenity, The Lone Ranger) Matthews - as well as working with up and coming new talent and enhancing strong creators!

The company also produces new and classic material from such creators as Paul Gulacy, Doug Moench's Six from Sirius, Carlos Trillo and Eduardo Risso's Borderline and other titles, Jim Starlin Dreadstar, in addition to reprint editions of classic Red Sonja material and more.

For updated information on Dynamite Entertainment and their titles, please visit the Dynamite website at www.dynamiteentertainment.com

Comment

Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series
                                Tricia Helfer
                                Battlestar Galactica - Pegasus

Click on the link below for the list of Leo Award Winners:

Leo Awards

Comment

Working...
                                X