Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds awesome. Because Ronald Moore can make anything awesome. I'd just like to see some word of this on the SCIFI site or something...
    Last edited by AutumnDream; 26 April 2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Sounds interesting, but then I'm a sucker for the BSG world.

I'd love to see how the Cylon wars started. Especially what role the Graystones would have in all of this. Don't recall anybody in the series having that surname.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTalyn
        Now if only Creation could get a con for BSG in Vancouver with set visits like they do for SG-1.

wink wink ;-)
        The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Wow. Was surprised when i heard this. Sounds in a way kind of cool though i imagine the first season might be a bit...well...slow considering the Cylons would need to be developed. But it would make a great story plus a full scale war can be seen. I mean Galactica doesnt really allow for war since the Galactica or Pegasus's destruction would lead to well....lack of a story. I wonder if all the old shows Cylon designs will be used....like the old Basestars and the disk shaped Raiders. Or maybe the old IL series........

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I love robots and if this wasn't a BSG related series I'd probably be a lot more curious, but while BSG is one of my favorite shows, I remain highly cagey of this show, as it stands right now. I'll give it a shot, but as with the S3 premiere, it's going to have to work hard to impress me. And if it's as full of cutesy little in-references and prophetic statements/situations reflective of the future, that'll be a HUGE turn off for me.

How do "sexual politics" fit into a "family show"? No, wait, I'm not sure I want to know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

How do "sexual politics" fit into a "family show"? No, wait, I'm not sure I want to know the answer.
              lol, was wondering the same thing when i read it.

Comment

I feel no anticipation for this series. I really don't care about how the Cylons were created, it's about as important to me as finding out how the Goa'uld evolved in tangent with the Unas on SG-1.

If anything I think that this going to detract from what BSG already is.
                I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

I had to reread the "family drama" bit when I first saw this. I believe what the network is saying is that the show will largely be a drama about family (the Adamas and the Graystones), not for families to watch at 7 p.m. before the kiddies go to bed.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about this, even though it's a few years away and far from a sure thing. If BSG continues to perform well I don't see how it can't happen, especially considering the cost benefits of dual production that Stargate has already demonstrated to them.

But consider some of the other shows on SCI FI's development slate that were announced a year or two ago. Still waiting for any news on the new Quantum Leap.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Well, when I read this I was like HOLY FRAK! I would love to see the development of the cylons and Caprica history- I would have opted for another mini, but this will be interesting should it go to production.

I don't think BSG will ever have quite the room for a sequel (I have no idea what happens late in season two, no spoil) it is more a of a prequel lending show, so I don't have any hatred for the idea. But I'll see what I think when more info starts coming out.

Comment

I'm there! Sure I have some concerns about the premise but I'll definitely tune in unless BSG completely bombs and loses me over the next few seasons. I'm optimistic that won't be the case.

Granted the timeframe for everything is still iffy, but if they're doing both BSG and the spinoff at the same time I worry a bit about the BSG franchise. I thought things got spread out too thinly in the stargate franchise when they were working on both SG1 and Atlantis simultaneously. But who knows, maybe BSG will be finished before this series airs. I don't see BSG as a long-running series like SG1 anyway.

Comment

I think it's the focus that has me leery. If it was a straight-up story of the First Rebellion, I'd be there. But the whole "family saga" thing just... leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, I know it's BSG and I know Ron Moore's a solid guy and all, but it just sounds kinda soapy. With robots.

Comment

I can't be the only one who is horrified to hear this news. It sounds like a bad, BAD idea, and diverting RDM and Eick from what should be their primary focus--BSG--can only result in decline for the show
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

hmm...

a prequel...i wonder how that will end...

oh wait...the humans win the first cylon war...
                            Adama has some kids...some live...some die...
                            eventually he leaves the military...
                            eventually he gets back to the military...

hmm...

drama?
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I think 50 years isn't a big enough time frame. It's a little too close, IMO, and it sounds like it'd make a better miniseries than a full-fledged spinoff.

But as for the "how will it all turn out" snark, why don't you ask James Cameron about Titanic?

Comment

Like I said the description sounds too much like a WB kiddie drama with all the beautiful teenagers who are actually 25. Poor Bill Adama is in love with Cassiopia Graystone but their families are bitter rivals!! Sci-fi trying to appeal to 18-24 year old demographic.

Or I could just be jumping to conclusions. I realize that this is really early in development stage and things could and will change. Besides I think BSG is probably one of the best written shows around so I do have some faith the Moore and Eick won't feed us this type of trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X