Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now if only I could remember my Spanish.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

olmos/adama is drawn very well

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Well, I don't laugh out loud at it, but like I said, it still makes me grin. I figure there's probably also a cultural aspect that I just can't get. *shrug*

Wouldn't have bothered sharing it if I thought it wasn't worth it. Maybe my judgement is off.
        Thanks for sharing anyway.

Not extremely funny to me but I imagine it has to do with me not being Hispanic.

Had to go look up what all those Spanish and slang words meant....

The first strip was the best. The 3rd panel translates loosely to "Because I fraking want to, idiot." *though the slang translation for cookie umm.... isn't very PG*

In the second one, Adama's threatening to wack whoever (I'm guessing Gaeta still) to the nearest Cylon planet with his flip-flop/sandle because he's annoying. Maybe he can take that shoe and fling it at Dee as well cause she is really annoying as of late.....
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Charity Auction - Lunch with Olmos and Sackhoff!

From the Richard Dean Anderson Web Site:

"DEFEND EVERY DROP" ONLINE AUCTION
          April 10-29, 2006

The "Defend Every Drop" online auction benefits the Waterkeeper Alliance, an organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the world's water resources, and an organization for which Richard serves on the Board of Trustees.

Among the items up for auction is an opportunity to visit the set of Stargate SG-1 in Vancouver and to have lunch with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping.

The winner will also receive a beautiful handcrafted wooden paddle signed by Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, Gary Jones, Dan Shea, Colin Cunningham, Tony Amendola, and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the President of the Waterkeeper Alliance.

Other items available for auction include lunch with Joe Flanigan on the set of Stargate Atlantis and a paddle signed by the Atlantis cast, and lunch with Edward James Olmos and Katee Sackhoff on the set of Battlestar Galactica and a paddle signed by the Galactica cast. To place your bids, you must register at the Charity Folks website. Bidding begins on April 10th and runs until the 29th. Good luck!

http://charityfolks.com/charity_auct...aterkeeper.asp

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

WOW!!!!! What a cool opportunity!!!! I so wish I could afford to do more and possibly win but alas I know I can't ... I do hope that whomever does win though thinks of us and tells us all the news.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

From RedOrbit:

"Galactica" Writer Exploring Video Games

By John Gaudiosi
              Wednesday, 12 April 2006

Click on the link to read the entire article. Some excerpts:

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Ronald D. Moore knows a thing or two about reinventing old intellectual property for a new audience. The writer-director has turned "Battlestar Galactica" into a hit show for the Sci Fi Channel and now is looking to delve deeper into video games as a further extension of the franchise.

Moore says no one has come up with the great TV/video game hybrid yet, the game that everyone in the U.S. has to play. As a result, there's the opportunity to be a pioneer in this space.

Another area "Galactica" may be heading toward is mobile phone games. Moore says the popularity of "Galactica" on iTunes has opened a lot of eyes on the corporate level.

"They come to us once they've made the partnerships and then ask about back stories or art," he says. "Creators of the show are pretty far down the food chain with these types of things."

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Nice find! Thanks for the heads up.

Well let’s hope they put more thought to then a first person shoot-m-up or just a flight sim. I’d like to see a game with some real depth and mystery to it.
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Now if only I could remember my Spanish.
                  FYI - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:
                  sentient
                  One entry found for sentient.
                  Main Entry: sen·tient
                  Pronunciation: 'sen(t)-sh(E-)&nt, 'sen-tE-&nt
                  Function: adjective
                  Etymology: Latin sentient-, sentiens, present participle of sentire to perceive, feel
                  1 : responsive to or conscious of sense impressions
                  2 : AWARE
                  3 : finely sensitive in perception or feeling
                  - sen·tient·ly adverb

Note: I hope this information is helpful.
                  Last edited by Maj.Tahn; 12 April 2006, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to RDM, the cast, crew, CGI people for winning
                    the Peabody award. They really deserve it. It's nice to see their
                    team effort and the long days they put in appreciated.

Comment

S2 Soundtrack Cover

At La-La Land Records.com is small pic of S2 Soundtrack cover.

Bigger, but also small is at BSG-CZ.net

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by d3u5
                        S2 Soundtrack Cover

At La-La Land Records.com is small pic of S2 Soundtrack cover.

Bigger, but also small is at BSG-CZ.net
                        Any word on when it will come out?
                        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze
                          Any word on when it will come out?
                          June 2006

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

La-La-Land Records posted the Album Cover Art. No news yet about when they will start accepting pre-order sales.

Comment

Hogan, Helfer, and Cairns Nominated for Leo Awards

Michael Hogan (Col Tigh), Tricia Helfer (#6), and Leah Cairns (Racetrack).

Best Lead Performance By A Male in a Feature Length Drama

Michael Hogan
                              A Simple Curve

Chenier Hundal
                              Murder Unveiled

Brendan Fletcher
                              Paper Moon Affair

Best Guest Performance By A Female in a Dramatic Series

Veena Sood
                              Godiva’s – Flipping Switches

Kathleen Duborg
                              Terminal City – Episode 3

Tricia Helfer
                              The Collector – The VJ

Ellie Harvie
                              The Collector – The VJ

Brittney Wilson
                              The Collector – The Watchmaker

Best Supporting Performance By A Female in a Dramatic Series

Carmen Moore
                              Godiva’s – The Bigger Man

Sonja Bennett
                              Godiva’s – Out the Door

Sonja Bennett
                              Godiva’s – Dead Flowers

Leah Cairns
                              Godiva’s – Fancy Footwork

Sonya Salomaa
                              The Collector – The Person with AIDS

Best Lead Performance By A Female in a Dramatic Series

Tricia Helfer
                              Battlestar Gallatica – Pegasus

Erin Karpluk
                              Godiva’s – Fancy Footwork

Comment

Mark Verheiden, co-executive producer/writer for BG, is scheduled to appear at the inaugural Eugene Film Festival slated for May 12-14 in Eugene, Oregon. Verheiden will be presenting a talk based on his involvement with the show's current run.

For more information, see: www.eugenefilmfest.org

Jeff Johnston

Comment

Working...
                                X