This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hU$h3rN7242c
    Same here. I can't wait for tonight, but then I"ll be going nuts until Oct.
    yea almost 7 months zkfklzfklzfzznlknjklzentrhjzkle
    .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
      The real shocker tonight is that the episode's biggest surprise isn't centered on who won the presidency; it's what happens at the end of that extra half hour.
      OK, what really shocked me was the end of the last podcast where RDM said (and I'm paraphrasing) "OK, we've taken a huge risk with the season finale. Not everyone here likes it, I know it's going to divide fans, but frack it - we're not going to do anything good by playing it safe all the time." Well, ten out of ten for the display of titanium cohones - I'd probably watch a lot more TV if there were more people like Moore around. And there have been numerous occasions where I've hated something about the show that later became essential - for example, it took me a while to be convinced that the whole Chip Six/Baltar thing wasn't going to degenerate into a pretty seedy comic relief. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't find BSG an easy show to watch - but it repays the effort.

Comment

I don't have Sci-Fi channel myself so i've gotten all my episode downloads from itunes. The BSG itunes purcheses aren't figured into the ratings are they?

It's interesting that they are doing this to prevent downloading of episodes aired in the UK and Canada cause the same thing happens Stargate. I assume that's been the reason for the really low ratings for SG1 and SGA the past two seasons. If this thing with moving BSG to a later start then we may see the same with both Stargates too.

Just a hunch.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me that Scifi repurposes BSG to NBC at some point, even for just one or two episodes, to draw viewers to the show. NBC, USA network, Scifi are all one big family (not sure about the happy part).

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            It wouldn't surprise me that Scifi repurposes BSG to NBC at some point, even for just one or two episodes, to draw viewers to the show. NBC, USA network, Scifi are all one big family (not sure about the happy part).
            NBC did show "Kobol's Last Gleaming" a week before season 2 aired on Sci-Fi, It wouldn't be a surprise if they did the same thing with "Lay Down your Burdons" in October.

Comment

7 Months is truely gash, to pass the time I'm going to re-watch the mini series + season 1 & 2, 24 season 5 should get me part way though
              Bill Adama has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the World Championships for Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by AthlonTom
                7 Months is truely gash, to pass the time I'm going to re-watch the mini series + season 1 & 2, 24 season 5 should get me part way though
                Same here!!! Thats the only way I'm going to make it is to rewatch all my favs!!! OOOO, the review sounds sooo good!!!! Is it 10:00 yet

Comment

I live in a country were they never heard of this awesome show..
                  Can you fracking believe that, i learned about it from gateworld.

Thx btw

Yes offcourse it's Belgium!!!!
                  .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

Hey man at least your country made half of the cool ass weapons that are used on the show. The FN five seven and the P-90.

Comment

hmm..i agree with their strategy minus the october part..i live in a country far far away from BSG so my downloads don't matter a thing for them..
                      however, if i lived in UK for example, and BSG aired at the same time as US, i would watch it for sure, rather than download it for watching purposes

Comment

From the Mobile Register:

Sci Fi's 'Galactica' delivers a jumbo-sized season finale

by Mike Brantley
                        Friday, March 10, 2006

Click on the link to read the article. No Spoilers

The old "Battlestar Galactica" -- the one that debuted on ABC way back in 1978, on a night when the networks broke into entertainment programming to air coverage of the Israeli and Egyptian leaders making peace, not war -- was better in my memories (I was 13 then) than it was when I rewatched it in recent years.

That's the way of a lot of shows from my youth, I find. Don't get me started on "Buck Rogers."

But I suspect the new "Battlestar Galactica" -- the remake that wraps its second season on the Sci Fi Channel tonight -- will hold up very well in decades to come. The show is that good -- very good, really.

Like the original, the series is about the remnants of the human race, attacked and pursued to nearly extinction by a machine race known as Cylons. A surviving battlestar -- essentially the interstellar equivalent of an aircraft carrier -- commanded by William Adama (Edward James Olmos this time, the late Lorne Greene last time) protects the ragtag fugitive human fleet as it seeks refuge on a mythical planet called Earth.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix.CF
                          I live in a country were they never heard of this awesome show..
                          Can you fracking believe that, i learned about it from gateworld.

Thx btw

Yea but you guys have awsome Waffles!!
                          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

I don't get it..erm, why don't they just start it in the summer, like usual, and air it at the same time everywhere else aswell? Instead of delaying it, i'm probably missing something though.

Anyways, about the downloading thing, yeah, i'm from the UK and you can bet your ass i'll be watching the season finale tomorrow! Come on..Sky are more than ten episodes behind, and they can't just expect me to have patience with a show like BSG when i can get the episodes with just a few clicks and about an hour on top of that, if they show season three at the same time as the US then fine, i'll happily watch it on TV.

Comment

i am curious what the differences will be between what the US and Europe get. i own the US version of season 1, but i've heard that the UK version is a little bit different.

also, what will be the differences between 2.0+2.5 and the full season 2 set? extra footage? more deleted scenes? different extras?

i'm puzzled...
                              "Once you blow up a sun and everybody expects you to walk on water!"- Sam Carter ("Reckoning Part 2")

Comment

The difference is probably just the box which keeps them.

Comment

Working...
                                X