Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm confused by rumor #3. Is the implication that SciFi is bumping BSG back to October to have everyone in the UK, Canada, and the US view the season at the same time? And if everyone watches the season at the same time there will be less downloading because no one has to wait and therefore the ratings will be higher?

I was under the impression that downloading doesn't significantly affect ratings for the US airings, but I don't know if that holds true for the airings in the UK and Canada.

Comment

Thanks for those...

<Quote> RUMOUR #3 - TRUE
      The start date is a marketing gimmick, and a ploy to build viewership by synchronising airdates around the world. <Quote>

However I must say that either way Canada most likely will not get it until the New Year liked what happen this year with season 2.

Comment

Shway.

Comment

From Newsday:

Humanity's fate, and hot sex, too

BY DIANE WERTS
          March 9, 2006

Click on the link to read the article. Warning: Spoilers.

Finally, a habitable planet. Does this mean the humans of "Battlestar Galactica" can stop fleeing the android Cylons in ships, put down roots on terra firma, cease the bickering betrayals and rebuild their nuked civilization?

Is the pope Jewish?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            I sure hope they release it in one set.
            Um, only if it has both versions of 'Pegasus'. Otherwise, I'd think very seriously about paying import prices for both R1 half-season sets.

Comment

There's only so much you can frack with the audience, though, before the continual twists and turns become just another gimmick. A good story must ultimately sustain the storytelling techniques.

Comment

There will be a box set! I took this off Ron Moore's latest blog entry from yesterday.

"Why was it that Pegasus was able to escape given that it had networked computers? Seems odd. My theory is that the Pegasus is one huge trojan horse."

This will be explained in the longer version of "Pegasus" that'll be included in the Season Two DVD box set. Essentially, Pegasus had her network off-line in preparation for going into the shipyard for an overhaul and wasn't vulnerable to that point of attack.
                Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Now Playing magazine has posted a relatively spoiler-free review of the "Battlestar Galactica" season finale:

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/3294/47/

They give it an "A-"...

Comment

Thanks.. The Sharon/Helo spoilers are the ones that really caught my eye.
                    I just want to see if Galactica Sharon and Mother Sharon, will get along if they
                    ever meet each other..
                    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

I so can't wait for tonight. It's going to be an hour-and-a-half of bliss.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/hotlist/

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

THE HOT LIST

The Shows We're Watching Tonight

Battlestar Galactica[New]

10 pm/ET, SCIFI
                        The presidential election between Baltar and Roslin takes place with the same uncertainty that followed the 2000 race between Bush and Gore. And the winner is... the person with the most votes, of course! It's no surprise that Galactica's 90-minute season finale closes with a cliff-hanger. The real shocker tonight is that the episode's biggest surprise isn't centered on who won the presidency; it's what happens at the end of that extra half hour. — Michael Chant

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

yeah the too Sharon's should get on well

Comment

looks good, but i know once i watch it i'll be disappointed as season 3 won't be airing till october....too long a wait

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

Same here. I can't wait for tonight, but then I"ll be going nuts until Oct.

Comment

I thought the downloads for the first season built viewership when they aired in the UK first, and then in the US. I know I picked it up first from the UK postings, and then watched it when it came on, spreading the word inbetween time. I supposed since they figure they have critical acclaim it speaks for itself now.

Comment

Working...
                                X