Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are spoilers for the final episode of season 2. Read at your own risk. But man will this episode rock. 90 min hell yeah!

Spoiler:
    Episode 20: Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2; 3/10/06
    The season 2(.5) finale will be an expanded 90 minute episode.
    Kara's force also pick ups a Cavel, whose identity as a Cylon is not revealed by Sharon. they head back to Galactica. When they arrive, Tyrol attacks their Cavel because he's just visited the fleet's copy. Kara introduces Anders to Lee and Admiral Adama. Roslin tries to fix the election with Colonel Tigh and Dee's help, but Gaeta exposes the fix. Baltar wins the election. Maya, who is caring for Sharon's child as her own, appears. Roslin finally tells Adama that Baltar has been working with the Cylons. Gina uses the nuke to blow up Cloud Nine, which leads to the Cylons finding the planet. Matters are further complicated when Reborn Galactica/Tyrol Boomer and Reborn Caprica/Baltar Six arrive with an "olive branch" in the form of a peace proposal. (Rumor: The fleet must give up worshipping their false gods and accept Cylon missionaries that teach faith in the one true god. The humans must also sacrifice a quota of people yearly so that the breeding experiments can continue.) Popular sentiment amongst the fleet seems to indicate support of the Cylon peace offer in part because of the habitable planet. Some Galactica officers as well as some civilians apparently end up in a compound on the planet including Colonel Tigh and Ellen. Dean Stockwell appears as Brother Cavil, a religious figure who turns out to be a Cylon. Early in the episode, it jumps forward a year. Baltar has apparently taken to substance abuse in order to deal with the responsibilities of the Presidency. Roslin has become a teacher. Kara and Anders are married. She has become a drunk, while he gets sick. Kara requests medicine from Lee, but she's snotty to Dee so he refuses the medicine. Yes, that means that Lee and Dee are together on the Pegasus. Cally is pregnant, apparently with Tyrol's child. Helo plays an important part in this episode, probably involving his offspring. Ellen Tigh is still alive at least up to this point. Maya, who is caring for Sharon's child as her own, appears and she has renamed the child Isis. Sharon apparently "breaks up" with Helo. Kara's "missing ovaries" come up again, probably setting the stage for the third season. The end of the episode has a huge Cylon fleet closing in, which causes the Adamas and the fleet which are manned by skeleton crews to jump away. Gaeta is the one who wakes Baltar to tell him that the Cylons have come. Kara, Tigh and Roslin begin plotting a resistance. Leoben turns up long enough to pay a visit to Kara in the final minutes of the episode.

Credit Spoilers from: The Patriot Resource

http://www.patriotresource.com/bg/in.../season2b.html

Comment

It is no wonder the finale was bumped up to 90 mins! There is quite a lot of ground to cover, plotwise!

Comment

2.5 is released on April 25 (or around), with all the special features and all the fancy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by GLGusher
          Yeah it is spectacular if you think Men beating on women,rape and characters crying crocodile tears and whining about thier problems entertaining.
          Hey com'on, that was the most emotional part of the season. If you've got beef with battlestar then dont criticise such a touching scene.

Comment

Yeah it is spectacular if you think Men beating on women,rape and characters crying crocodile tears and whining about thier problems entertaining.
            whoa...it's a t.v. show chief. Nobodys advocating anything of the sort in real life. Just cause you like a little violence on a fictional Sci-fi show doesn't make you wanna go out and shoot up a diner. There's a huge seperation.
            Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

I wouldn't call it entertaining, I would call it thought provoking.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                always good to see praise in the media.
                mmm. Everytime the media give BSG good praise, I get pi***d. Anybody else getting this kind of vibe?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  mmm. Everytime the media give BSG good praise, I get pi***d. Anybody else getting this kind of vibe?
                  Man, we've gone over this so many times, venting against BSG is your thing, but it's not very well received in the BSG forum. I really don't know why you get so upset by positive reviews of a television series.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                    No, as a matter of fact. I don't get "this kind of vibe" when I see positive press for BSG. I am actually quite excited to see such an excellently-done show get the praise it so rightly deserves in a setting where the mob is forced to see it (i.e. Entertainment Weekly, TV Guide, and such publications).

Why, exactly, do you feel so upset (?) at seeing this positive praise - and why, if I may, post such a dissenting opinion in this thread? The former has seized my curiosity, the latter my confusion. Apologies if this offends.

NB: I, too, am glad to see this example of praise.
                    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,584|||20060310%5FDATETIME%3A3319427504,00.html

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

**snippage**

TV Best Bets for Friday, March 10

*All Times Eastern
                      By Courtney Potter

Battlestar Galactica
                      10:00 PM - SCI FI

Roslin (Mary McDonnell) must choose between stealing the election or allowing Gaius Baltar (Jim Callis) -- a guy whom Roslin believes to be a Cylon collaborator -- to win. She's right, naturally, but that doesn't make her ethical quandary any easier to resolve. And this being the season finale, I wouldn't expect a great deal of resolution anyway. I don't know much about this show, but I do know that it's a big deal right now. When I receive an e-mail from one of my myriad of readers (all 18 of them!) asking why I don't highlight it more often, I know something's a basic-cable hit.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Is Battlestar Galactica season two going to eventually be released with all twenty episodes in one set, or is it just going to be released in seasons 2.0 and 2.5?

I've been depriving myself of episodes 201-210 because I don't want to pay twice!!

Comment

From Cinequest:

http://www.cinequest.org/2006/progra...ew.php?eid=224

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

For his commitment to being the best that he can be in the film arts and community activism, Cinequest is proud to present Edward James Olmos with the festival’s highest honor, the Maverick Spirit Award.

This inspirational evening will include a conversation with Mr. Olmos and a sneak preview viewing of his latest film WALKOUT, a powerful story of the Chicano Civil Rights movement.

Maverick Spirit Award: Edward James Olmos
                          03/12/2006
                          03:00 PM
                          California Theatre (San Jose, CA)
                          General Admission $10.00

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                            Is Battlestar Galactica season two going to eventually be released with all twenty episodes in one set, or is it just going to be released in seasons 2.0 and 2.5?

I've been depriving myself of episodes 201-210 because I don't want to pay twice!!

I dunno. I know they've allready released season 2, so my assumption is that there will be 2, and 2.5. after all, why waste all the money for 2 when your next release will be those same episodes plus a couple. It seams silly that they'd release the two together.

Comment

Paley TV Festival Official BSG Cast Pictures

WireImage Thumbnails of the Event

yukailin's personal photos of the cast

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

From Eclipse Magazine:

Battlestar Galactica: Second Season Finale

by Sheldon A. Wiebe
                                March 07, 2006

Click on the link at your own risk

There is little doubt that “Battlestar Galactica” is one of the premiere programs on any tier of television [network or cable]. The two-part season finale, “Lay Down Your Burdens,” is one of the most powerful dramatic experiences of the season – eclipsing the efforts of several of the year’s Emmy nominees by a factor of tenfold, minimum! This is not an episode to miss – even if it means that you spend the spring with butterflies in your stomach and sweat on your brow!

Grade: A++

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X