This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid
    Presumably at some point in the future, they will also release a complete Season 2 box set as well.

Personally, I'm holding out for the complete season.
    Word. I'm very much hoping they release a full season as well, as I'd find it hard to lay down that much of a burden for two half-seasons...
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

From The Chicago Tribune:

'Galactica' finale a mind bender

9 to watch this weekend include Oscars, `Stargate,' `Numb3rs,' Image Awards

Sid Smith, Maureen Ryan
      Published March 3, 2006

Best of the weekend

"Battlestar Galactica," 9 p.m. Friday, Sci Fi: When he spoke to the Tribune in January, "Battlestar Galactica" executive producer Ron Moore promised that the show's two-part second-season finale would have "some pretty major changes in how we do business. It's really going to catch people off guard." He wasn't kidding. There are some mind-bending plot twists in "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1 and Part 2" (the second installment airs March 10), but what's most impressive about both episodes is how they gracefully manage to convey a sense of elegiac foreboding. The direction, the cinematography, the empathic and original music, the acting and the stories all combine to create a kind of suspenseful poetry, and make the case that, right now, "Battlestar Galactica" is the best show on television. To top all that off, the revelations that unfold at the end of the 90-minute March 10 episode are truly out of this world.

Also on the tube

"Stargate SG-1," 7 p.m. Friday, Sci Fi: It's good to know that "Farscape's" Claudia Black is joining the regular cast of "SG-1" next season; her zesty character, Vala, always livens things up. In this episode, which precedes next week's season finale, Vala returns to Earth with an urgent message for the Stargate Command -- but the way in which she returns is pretty unusual. Not surprisingly, the evil priors and the mysterious Ori are involved in Vala's latest batch of troubles.

Click on the link to read about other shows (registration may be required)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

If I recollect the episode "33" gained a Hugo award, as voted-for by members of the World Science Fiction Convention (I think, its been a long time since I ever went to an SF convention). The Hugo is probably the most respected award, being very much voted on by a sizable subsection of the reading (viewing) public worldwide. The Nebula is a more "professional" award; granted by an authors peers (in the US that is). Except most of them aren't screenwriters.

What I would like to see is BSG win some Emmy's - not just the routine "special effects" ones that "sci-fi" shows are fobbed-off with - but rather some genuine awards for top writing, directing, camerawork and most of all acting. Mary McDonnell and Edward James Olmos have not only contributed great acting, but they've also transmitted it seems a huge amount of ability and confidence to the other members of the cast. Apparently McConnells performance in the Season 2 finale will be embarrassing for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences should they decline to have her nominated.

That cast, whether it be Ms. Sackoff, Park, Helfer, and Mr Bamber, Callis, Hogan and even Donnelly Rhodes (the occasionally-seen ships surgeon) plus all the other supporting cast members are I think the most skillful and adroit team to have graced a TV drama series. And that includes the "classic" British-produced TV series' of the 1970's era. I struggle to detect a weak performance, even from "guest" appearences.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is waiting for the whole season. I thought it was a bad idea to release it in halves. I bought 3 seasons of Farscape in pieces, and I couldn't stand it.

I want my entire season 2!!!!!

Comment

ok, at first i was a little skecptical about the spoilers, but then i check out the pictures, and im starting to get the feeling that the spoilers are real... and im not sure if thats good or bad

Comment

Noo..... I read them
              Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

ok

Comment

Ooooooh! They better not keep it that way. It better just be some freakish sort of 'glimpse of the future' thing. I will be so peeved if they change it forever.

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

I still have the will-power to avoid clicking that tempting link posted with detailed spoilers.... Ran across it last night and thought about it considering I have seen some of the spoiler pics.

Only 4 hours and change to go till LDYB, Pt 1....

Anyway about the original post of this thread...

My guess for something mentioned in the vague spoilers given...

Spoiler:
                    I'm guessing it might be Sharon and Helo that get hitched since it mentioned someone getting married. Now that would cause some controversy and make for an interesting story direction. My worst fears though is that it's possibly Lee and Dee. *gag*
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm hoping for the first pair you mentioned, seems most likely that it'd be the two of them.
                      Spoiler:
                      IMO the next most likely would be Starbuck and Anders.

Comment

I'm also waiting for the entire season 2 set. I hope that's an option, rather that having to buy both season 2.0 and 2.5 sets. The higher-ups were kind enough to include the miniseries on the season 1 set, so I don't think they're going to try and screw over the fans here.

When would the season 2 set come out? September? Earlier?

Comment

Hmmm...BSG vs. Serenity. That should be an interesting fight.

A Hugo is indeed a presigious award in the scifi genre, as is a Nebula. Certainly more so than the Saturn Awards. Still, I agree that it would be nice to see some Emmy nods toward the show. I just don't know if it can shake the curse of its genre.

Comment

Hopefully earler - I'd really like it in May or June, so that I can catch up before S3 begins in July. I mean, they've already got the first half of the season done and on disc... how much more can there be?
                            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

For everyone's sake, I hope they release it both ways. I bought 2.0 and don't want to have to buy the entire season to get the second half. But for those of you patient people who waited, I hope they do give you the option of buying the entire thing.
                              -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

Yeah it is spectacular if you think Men beating on women,rape and characters crying crocodile tears and whining about thier problems entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X