Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've be waiting for this for sometime now. This is going to be great.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Sharon's point of view has always been a big interest to me....and her fate.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

well Dynamite didn't make the 4Q05 but they have now set a definate may release for #0.

newsarama

DYNAMITE LAUNCHES BATTLESTAR GALACTICA IN MAY

Announced last year, and updated with news that Greg Pak will be writing the series, Dynamite Entertainment has solidified is plans for a May launch of Battlestar Galactica with a .25¢ #0 issue. The publisher launched Red Sonja last year in the same fashion.

The issue will be drawn by Nigel Raynor, and will ship with two covers – an illustrated cover by Steve McNiven, and a photo cover. Orders will be split between the two covers, 50/50.

From Dynamite:

The wait is over, the new adventures of the crew of the Battlestar Galactica begin here with DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT, writer GREG PAK, and artist NIGEL RAYNOR!

Dynamite Entertainment proudly presents their all-new Galactica series with a special #0 issue featuring an original story with a “dynamite cliffhanger” ending that leads into the ongoing series!

PAK is an exclusive writer for Marvel Comics, but has carved out this series for DYNAMITE and he’s turning out a comic that fans both new and old are going to love. And we’re so sure they’re going to love it, that this introductory issue is available for just one thin quarter! And what would this issue be without a RED-HOT Photo cover featuring the beautiful Cylon – Number Six!

PLUS: A Special preview of Brett Matthews and John Cassaday's Lone Range comic book series from Dynamite will also be included!

Future covers by Billy Tan, Michael Turner and more to be announced!

The special #0 issue is scheduled to arrive in stores first week in May and will be supported with ads in monthly Dynamite Comics including Red Sonja and AOD!

FANS: BE SURE TO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL RETAILER ABOUT THE MICHAEL TURNER "SNEAK PEAK" COVER TO BATTLESTAR GALACTICA #1. THIS "SNEAK PEAK" COVER IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A RETAILER INCENTIVE COVER!

FANS: BE SURE TO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL RETAILER ABOUT THE RRP COVER TO BATTLESTAR GALACTICA #1. THIS RRP COVER IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A RETAILER INCENTIVE COVER!
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I don`t see the point in making a comic book series really, it will never be cannon nor refered to in the TV series.

Comment

It says it's being released in 4th quarter of 05. Well where is it? I'm quite the comic geek and I havent seen it yet.
            Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

From Dynamite Entertainment:

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA #0 (RANDOM FILL)

PRICE:
              $0.25

WRITTEN BY GREG (X-MEN, HULK) PAK, ART BY NIGEL RAYNOR, COVER ART BY STEVE (CIVIL WAR) MCNIVEN (50%) AND SIX PHOTO COVER (50%). The wait is over, the new adventures of the crew of the Battlestar Galactica begin here with DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT, writer GREG PAK, and artist NIGEL RAYNOR! Dynamite Entertainment proudly presents their all-new Galactica series with a special #0 issue featuring an original story with a "dynamite cliffhanger" ending that leads into the ongoing series! PAK is an exclusive writer for Marvel Comics, but has carved out this series for DYNAMITE and he's turning out a comic that fans both new and old are going to love. And we're so sure they're going to love it, that this introductory issue is available for just one thin quarter! And what would this issue be without a RED-HOT Photo cover featuring the beautiful Cylon - Number Six! PLUS: A Special preview of Brett Matthews and John Cassaday's Lone Range comic book series from Dynamite will also be included! Future covers by Billy Tan, Michael Turner and more to be announced!

The special #0 issue is scheduled to arrive in stores first week in May and will be supported with ads in monthly Dynamite Comics including Red Sonja and AOD! FANS: BE SURE TO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL RETAILER ABOUT THE MICHAEL TURNER "SNEAK PEAK" COVER TO BATTLESTAR GALACTICA #1. THIS "SNEAK PEAK" COVER IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A RETAILER INCENTIVE COVER! FANS: BE SURE TO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL RETAILER ABOUT THE RRP COVER TO BATTLESTAR GALACTICA #1. THIS RRP COVER IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A RETAILER INCENTIVE COVER!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

awsomeness!! I'll buy like 10 of em'! (why I don't know, but I will)
                Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

There's an order button at the link. Shipping only costs $1.66 for U.S. Postal Service. U.P.S. delivery and International delivery is, of course, available at a higher cost.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                    From Now Playing Magazine:

The Cylons Take Over Galactica

by Scott Collura
                    Thursday, 23 February 2006

Click on the link to read the article. Warning: Spoilers. Some excerpts:
                    That was a spoiler? I could figure that much from the preview and the episode guide.

Comment

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Roush/AskMatt/

ASK MATT

Question: Battlestar Galactica is my favorite show on television right now. It's so well done and feels so real for a sci-fi show. But whenever I bring the show up to my friends, they always laugh. I've noticed that because the show is in the sci-fi genre, people don't give it a chance. Do you think that this is going to change, or will the stereotype always be there for this show? Also, how is this show doing with ratings? Is it gonna stick around for a long time? — Mike

Matt Roush: Battlestar is doing just fine, and there's no reason to think Sci Fi will pull another Farscape with this one. And while we're on the subject, tonight's episode (Feb. 24) is one of the best hours of TV in any genre you're likely to see all year. So many twists and revelations, including a welcome return to the Cylon-occupied planet of Caprica. It's smart, suspenseful, surprising — just a wow of an episode. But, as Mike suggests, just try convincing your friends who look at you like you're wearing Vulcan ears when you reveal you're a huge Battlestar Galactica fan. (I have even found myself in a situation where I needed to convince several TV-industry professionals to consider this show as seriously as they do anything on HBO.) The show has several strikes against it, most notably a generic-sounding militaristic title that not only pegs it within an often marginalized genre but invariably brings up memories of the laughable earlier series. If the legions who could convince themselves to sit through the numbing second trilogy of George Lucas' Star Wars cycle would give a show like this a chance, just to see how deeply thrilling and emotionally rich this sort of storytelling can be, we'd all be a lot better off. As it is, the new Battlestar enjoys a fair amount of critical acclaim (mine was not the only top-10 list that included the show), and I have to believe its cult following will grow in time and through DVD exposure. Eventually, it will be considered one of the classics, if it isn't already.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

This really so much a spoiler as it seems to be just barely more than a TV guide discription of the episode.

[sarcasism]OOOOOHHH, we're going to learn something new about the Cylons. Thank God (pun intended), I hope we would something new and cool about the the Cylons from the completely Cylon episode. [/sarcasism]

This has been one of the episodes I have been looking forward to since it was announced.

Comment

So the Cylons do take over Galactica like it says in the thread title? For me thats a clear spoiler especially since there are still two episodes to go before it, oh well.

Comment

Sorry to any who have seen me say this on other forums but it bears repeating. Canadians looking to purchase be very sure that you want to wind up paying over $50.00 for a 25 cent comic. You can only order this by paying for UPS shipping at $15.95. Also UPS charges a minimum of $36.00 to expidite shipments through the border, the fact that the value of the comic is only 25 cents is meaningless, they will still charge you for expidition.

Comment

RDM has posted his podcasts for episodes 217 (The Captain's Hand) and 218 (Downloaded), go and grab them through iTunes or SciFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Toaster_Crumbs
                                Sorry to any who have seen me say this on other forums but it bears repeating. Canadians looking to purchase be very sure that you want to wind up paying over $50.00 for a 25 cent comic. You can only order this by paying for UPS shipping at $15.95. Also UPS charges a minimum of $36.00 to expidite shipments through the border, the fact that the value of the comic is only 25 cents is meaningless, they will still charge you for expidition.
                                Yea but they get free healthcare. So one makes up for the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X