Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, I haven't really been impressed with the episodes since Pegasus.

SPOILERS FOR EVERY EPISODE AIRED SO FAR, BELOW:
    • Resurrection Ship was a huge letdown after Pegasus. Very anticlimatic, and then it rushed through things at the very end of the second part
    • Epiphanies really pushed things with its miracle cure
    • Black Market was interesting, but had poor storytelling. Honestly....the idea of a black market economy is fascinating to no end, but I don't care to see it shown through the eyes of Lee's troubled relationship with a hooker
    • Scar was alright, but I've never been able to relate to testosterone-driven soldier/pilot stories. I just don't find them all that interesting. And they could have taken it to a whole new level by saying--rather than insinuating--that Scar was the reincarnation of the Cylon Raider that Starbuck flew back to Galactica. And....Jesus Christ, another flashback storytelling episode?
    • Sacrifice....wait, Billy is proposing? Wasn't the last time he saw her several months ago? This doesn't strike me as particularly well-thought out plan. This lousy hostage taking story was little more than a vehicle to advance this godforsaken Lee/Dee relationship on us. They have no chemistry together either as characters or actors, her character has not been explored enough to make her interesting to us; thus far, we know she's from Zarek's planet and she stalked Lee after he tried to off himself in the Blackbird. Whoop-dee-freaking-doo. Pun intended.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

• Due to technical difficulties, Ronald Moore was unable to record this episode's podcast in time for broadcast.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I am not suprised by the spoliers and storylines.......and the reason why Sharon is my favorite character......
        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

ok, so you didn't quite like the first half of the second half of season 2 can understand that. but mr louis here basically says there hasn't been a single good episode since KLG I/II uhm...

Comment

well, the captain's Hand episode has fully restored my faith in the direction BSG is taking. i'm relieved.

Comment

After tonights masterpiece...BSG is back on course...and "The Beast" has got her back!!
              Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

i won't say i expected otherwise but am glad to hear that anyway can't wait to see it

Comment

Dissapointing. There is however, still Alan Lights' 'Combat Information Center' Podcast that should be up in a day or two with comments on 217

Comment

who is alan light?

Comment

Originally posted by userfriendly
                      who is alan light?
                      He does his own podcast review of the episodes: E-mail segment, interviews, and episode analysis. There's a trivia question contest right now to win one of the first card sets from WizKids (U.S. residents only). Alan Light's podcast is usually posted on Saturday but sometimes is delayed a day or two. Very entertaining, especially if he gets letters disagreeing with his analysis or complaint/praise about an episode.

http://www.alanlight.com/cic/cic.htm

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

To me any way they need to move the story along a bit, it seem to me the galactica, now knows about earth has of yet seem not to be moving very fast to get their, instead of being lost in space, it seem a bit more like adrift in space. Also the whole election thing, have not we just had one of those, it seem a bit soon for a other election, seems presidents of the colony, only have a term time of about a year.

To me there were a few episode that I did not enjoy, for
                        scar, I just thought it would of been a better episode if it was not done with flash backs an focus more on the other pilots and how they have evolve, instead it would just focus on apollo, great story line, just wish it went a bit wider than apollo and we got to know some of the other pilots.

Ressurection ship did seem a bit rush, especially the space battle, it need to be bigger and more of it on screen.

Black market was good episode but again I thought it focus way to much on a single character and not enough on the fleet and the effect the black market had on it.

Is it me or does it seem they are repeating story line, we already ad one election base episode and a hosteage base episode and how many of these do we have.

Comment

- when did we have an election? they appointed a vice-president because there was none. that's all. please don't make assumptions on false grounds

- the battle wasn't the main plot of RS2

- true, black market was too lee-centered

- er... it's just you. see above. and when did we have that other episode with hostage-taking as plot? did i miss one?

Comment

thank you Sci-Fi never heard of him, but i'll give it a look. or a read. a listen. whatever

Comment

There is also a 3rd podcast and a blog by Logan Garwin ' BattleStar Galactica Sitrep' (Situation Report). Logan's deals more with news that encompasses anything galactica related in the media. Bewarned his podcast contains spoilers, but he always gives fair warning.

His blog page
                              http://galacticasitrep.blogspot.com/

If you want to hear the podcast just subcribe through
                              itunes, or if you chose to use another aggregator cut
                              and paste this link
                              http://homepage.mac.com/lemcclintock/podcast.xml

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                                Also the whole election thing, have not we just had one of those, it seem a bit soon for a other election, seems presidents of the colony, only have a term time of about a year.
                                There has not yet been a presidential election episode. President Lara Roslyn is serving out the rest of the term of President Adar, the last elected president of the colonies, before the cylon attack. The only election that has taken place was the election of the vice-president, as there was no one yet in that position.

There has been talk about this "upcoming" presidential election throughout the show, and now after this most recent episode, I'm sure it's going to be interesting, but I don't want to say why, as that's a major spoiler.
                                -GuyFromOH
                                I'm a guy, from Ohio.
                                ------------------------------------
                                Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
                                Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
                                cool!"

Comment

Working...
                                X