X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Futon Critic:

Sci Fi Sets March Premieres, USA to Rest 'Monk' Against Olympics

Monday, January 30, 2006

Click on the link to read the entire article.

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- Sci Fi isn't backing down from the broadcast networks as the cable channel has booked a handful of new series and other original projects for the month of March.

It all begins with the long-awaited U.S. premiere of the latest "Doctor Who" incarnation on Friday, March 17 at 9:00/8:00c. Then on Wednesday, March 29 look for season two of "Ghost Hunters" to resume at 9:00/8:00c followed by the debut of "Medium at Large" at 10:00/9:00c.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
      From the Futon Critic:

Monday, January 30, 2006

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- Sci Fi isn't backing down from the broadcast networks as the cable channel has booked a handful of new series and other original projects for the month of March.

It all begins with the long-awaited U.S. premiere of the latest "Doctor Who" incarnation on Friday, March 17 at 9:00/8:00c. Then on Wednesday, March 29 look for season two of "Ghost Hunters" to resume at 9:00/8:00c followed by the debut of "Medium at Large" at 10:00/9:00c.

sometimes it pays not to try to be clever.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
        From the Futon Critic:

Monday, January 30, 2006

You are to good at finding things lol.

Comment

bsg comic

last year Dynamite got the license for a comic series based in the new BSG universe and now they've announced a deal to do comics based in the original BSG universe as well.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr Vanir
            Podcast for episode 214,"BLACK MARKET" is out. Come and get it.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/down...ep214_FULL.mp3

Hello: Thank you for the direct link! SCIFI.Com is one of those sites that I ger lost in sometimes.

Much Appreciated,
            Stephen

Comment

Wiz kids has a release month for the game.. May!

And it has six diffrent cards posted, The Galactica, and Adama, Starbuck and a Cylon Centurion, and Six and a raptor. You can access them all from this page: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/wk_article.asp?cid=40602 just click on each of the links. Each of the cards have the corners cut off. Nice touch.

Nate

Comment

Forgot to add they also put up a viper too!

Comment

I haven't played the clics game but I was a huge fan of the wizkids mechwarrior collectible card game, even though it wasn't insanely popular. It was a lot of fun. I'll check out the card game when it's released based on that alone.
                  ...but now I know
                  That twenty centuries of stony sleep
                  Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
                  And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
                  Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

From Entertainment Weekly:

EW's overall review of BSG

Reviewed by Marc Bernardin
                    FRIDAY, February 3, 2006

Click on the link to read the entire article. Some excerpts:

The future, as we've been led to believe, is free of the ills that plagued humanity in the 20th century. There is no poverty, no war; our only pursuit is the betterment of ourselves and the exploration of brave new worlds. In other words, it's kinda boring.

Where Star Trek was about strength, Galactica is about weakness, and nowhere is that more evident than in Baltar, a respected scientist, played to the Shakespearean hilt by Callis. His girlfriend — known only as Six (Tricia Helfer) — was the Cylon who used Baltar's connections to pave the way for the Cylon attack. Plagued by guilt, and not just a little bit insane, Baltar has evolved into TV's most complex villain: a man who continues to do wrong not out of malice but because he's just too spineless to do what's right.

Galactica does take the occasional misstep (a mystical/religious prophecy subplot flew directly in the face of the hardened reality of the show), but it succeeds where most science fiction fails: It makes the characters' battles with each other as vivid as the explosive battles in outer space.
                    Grade: A-

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                      a clix game could be cool...but there's not enough development to allow them to go either all ground or all space, and i think trying to setup a 2 map setup...or even just open tabletop like pirates would be too difficult to do well....
                      Why would a pirates setup be difficult? Defending civilian ships vs cylons seems like a pretty simple premise. There are plenty of characters in the show that could translate into the crew cards like the ones in pirates. I actually think a pirates style game would be easier tp make than a CCG

Comment

Gaius is, hands down, my favourite character... It's nice to see some mjor propaganda gets the complexity of his character. Where ST:TNG made nods to Shakespeare, Baltar breathes it.

Comment

Originally posted by boohoo
                          Why would a pirates setup be difficult? Defending civilian ships vs cylons seems like a pretty simple premise. There are plenty of characters in the show that could translate into the crew cards like the ones in pirates. I actually think a pirates style game would be easier tp make than a CCG
                          i wasn't thinking difficult in terms of game play....just space.

the wee ships look nice enough, but for something like BSG i'd like some high quality miniatures or decent size...like the old BT miniatures that FASA made...and that would be space consuming with capital ships, large transports and stuff like that. also, many times the battles are shown taking place over huge tracts of space.

that said, if they wanted to go that route..i'd try it...just think you'd need a really big game space.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by jblank
                            I have to agree, I think they are quite kiddie looking. Wake me when McFarlane or someone else makes some that look more realistic. If you guys like them thats cool though.
                            Don't go knock Art Asylum. Unlike McFarlane (who makes statues), they make just as realistic action figures. Ever see their ST line? Now that's what got me excited. I'm still hoping they make figures too eventually if and when that license of Joyride's expires.

New pics for you to look at:

And for the fans of the classic, they do look kind of cool but I'm gonna pass:

Gonna get me that Cylon maybe.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica was mentioned in "Dilbert", by Scott Adams. Check it out!

Sorry, I think a car ran over it (haha). I touched it up as best as I could! Still looks a little dirty though. See a bigger version of it here.

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

Classic!

Comment

Working...
                                X