Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... another Cylon prisoner perhapes?
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

No, not a "flashback" episode per say. More like the episode of SG-1 "Disclosure". They use many pre-filmed scenes from prior episodes, with very little new scenes. Budgetary reasons usually warrant these. That's why there called "clip shows". Usually more than 50% of the episode is clips from older episodes. You usually save more than 75% of that episodes budget for something you want more money for. "Lost City" in SG-1 went way over budget, but because of "Inaugeration", a clip show, they were able to take from that episodes budget and put into the others.

BTW, every episode (almost) of "Lost" has character flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
        Hmmm... another Cylon prisoner perhapes?
        Spoiler:
        She is a Cylon...
        err, whoooooo?

Comment

But will they know? That was my reasoning.

Comment

Being in 10 episodes, I guess they'll find out sooner rather than later.

I have a hunch that Adama suspects her anyway, going from the way he looks at her... reminds me of how he looked at Leoben Conoy when on the Ragnar Anchorage.
            err, whoooooo?

Comment

From UPI:

TV Museum to honor new shows

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- The Los Angeles Museum of Television and Radio's 23rd annual William S. Paley TV festival is honoring newer shows this year, it was announced Thursday.

"Battlestar Galactica," "Entourage," "Everybody Hates Chris," "Family Guy," "Grey's Anatomy," "House," "How I Met Your Mother," "Medium," "My Name Is Earl," "Supernatural" and "Weeds" will be honored during the event, which runs Feb. 28 to March 15, Daily Variety reported.

The cast and crew will be on hand for episode viewings, and will take questions and answers afterward, Variety said.

The festival will also feature a reunion of the "Golden Girls" cast March 10 and feature "An Evening with Sally Field" on March 14.

additional information

From Backstage:

TV Fest Lineup Includes 'Golden Girls' Reunion
              January 19, 2006
              By Paul J. Gough

Los Angeles (THR) -- Some of TV's biggest stars and hottest behind-the-scenes personnel are headlining the 23rd annual William S. Paley Television Festival, which will be held Feb. 28 through March 15 at the Directors Guild of America Theatre in Hollywood.

Sponsored by the Museum of Television and Radio, the festival features the work of a number of shows along with appearances by the casts and crews. This year's shows featured include "Grey's Anatomy," "Weeds," "Entourage," "Everybody Hates Chris" and a reunion of the cast and crew of "The Golden Girls."

Programs include:

- "Grey's Anatomy," 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb.  28. Scheduled to appear include executive producers Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers and Mark Gordon, and stars Patrick Dempsey, Sandra Oh and Ellen Pompeo.

- "Entourage," 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 1. Scheduled:  creator/executive producer Doug Ellin, executive producer Stephen Levin and stars Kevin Dillon, Kevin Connolly, Debi Mazer and Jeremy Piven.

- "Everybody Hates Chris," 7 p.m. Thursday, March 2.  Scheduled: cocreator/executive producers Chris Rock and Ali LeRoi, and cast members Tichina Arnold, Terry Crews, Tequan Richmond and Tyler James Williams.

- "Battlestar Galactica," 7 p.m. Friday,  March 3. Scheduled: executive producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore, along with stars Mary McDonnell and Edwad James Olmos.

- "Supernatural," 7 p.m. Saturday, March 4. Scheduled: executive producers Eric Kripke and Robert Singer, and cast members Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, among others.

- "Medium," 7 p.m. Monday, March 6.  Scheduled to appear: creator/executive producer Glenn Gordon Caron plus cast members Patricia Arquette, David Cubitt, Maria Lark, Miguel Sandoval and Jake Weber.

- "My Name is Earl," 7:30 p.m. Tuesday,  March 7. Scheduled: executive producers Marc Buckland and Greg Garcia, cast members Jason Lee, Jaime Pressly, Eddie Steeples and Nadine Velazquez, among others.

- "House," 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 8.  Scheduled: executive producers Paul Attanasio, David Shore, Bryan Singer and Katie Jacobs, plus cast members Hugh Laurie, Robet Sean Leonard and Lisa Edelstein.

- "Family Guy," 7 p.m. Thursday, March  9. Scheduled: Creator/executive producer Seth MacFarlane and others, plus Seth Green and Mike Henry.

- "The Golden Girls," 7 p.m.  Friday, March 10. Scheduled: creator/executive producer Susan Harris, executive producer Paul Junger Witt, and cast members Beatrice Arthur, Rue McClanahan and Betty White.

- "How I Met Your Mother," 7 p.m.  Monday, March 13. Scheduled: executive producer/creator Carter Bays, executive producer Pamela Fryman, creator/executive producer Craig Thomas and cast members Neil Patrick Harris, Josh Radnor, Jason Segel and Cobie Smulders.

- "An Evening with Sally Field," 7 p.m. Thursday,  March 14.

- "Weeds," 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 15.  Scheduled: creator/executive producer Jenji Kohan and cast members Mary-Louise Parker and Elizabeth Perkins.

Tickets go on sale Thursday, Jan. 26 to museum members and to the general public on Feb. 2. Ticket prices are $25 per event for museum members, $29 each for the general public. They can be purchased through www.ticketweb.com or at (866) 468-3399.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                You did see the final shot of that episode, right?

Spoiler:
                She is a Cylon. We saw another copy of her on Caprica.
                I was completely shocked when I saw the end of that episode.

Comment

Grab the podcast for Episode 213 EPIPHANIES.
                  http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/down...ep213_FULL.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                    But will they know? That was my reasoning.
                    I think the real question is: will she know? I mean look at what happend to
                    Spoiler:
                    Boomer when she discovered her true nature.

Comment

I am so resisting this until tomorrow night...

I downloaded it and it is on my mp3 player...but I have a hour and a half drive home tommorow...

I hope I can resist playing it in my car.

Comment

From the National Review:

Starborn Society

Sci-fi isn’t just for nerds

Battlestar Galactica is a stirring portrait of human survival in the wake of tragedy.

By Peter Suderman
                        January 20, 2006

Science fiction has long been stereotyped as a hardware-obsessed, techno-jargon laden refuge for computer nerds and outcasts. Especially on television, which lacks the geek chic afforded by big-screen Hollywood budgets, the genre's reputation for hokey dialog and cardboard-and-wire effects have saturated it with a distinct odor of disrespectability. It is somewhat ironic, then, to see the Sci-Fi Channel, a network which often seems devoted to the pulpy and lowbrow, serve up Battlestar Galactica, a show about spaceships and killer robots that is also arguably the most potent, dramatically vibrant series on television. An unflinching examination of how the military, government, family, and religion interact in the fragile ecosystem of society, it as morally and intellectually serious as it is thrilling.

Click on the link to read the rest of the article.

Last edited by Sci-Fi; 20 January 2006, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!!!! I'm so looking forward to this episode!!!

Comment

now that is a nice article. good propaganda, i'd say.

Comment

She almost certainly has to know, she specifically transmitted the pregnant Boomber footage to the Cyclon Raiders.
                              The only way I can see her not knowing is if she has a dual personality.

Originally posted by Zamboni
                              I think the real question is: will she know? I mean look at what happend to
                              Spoiler:
                              Boomer when she discovered her true nature.

Comment

From San Diego Union-Tribune:

Battlestar Galactica, Jan. 20

by Rose Wojnar
                                January 21, 2006

Ever since learning that President Roslin had terminal breast cancer, I wondered how the writers of “Battlestar Galactica” were going to keep her character alive. She had become too central to the story and I just didn’t want to see her die. Having Baltar find a cure in the blood of a Cylon-human baby was one of the best solutions possible. It just works on so many levels.

Click on the link to read the rest of the article.

Episode Grade: A-

Comment

Working...
                                X