• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh awesome! *loves the Next Top Model shows*
    Ses
    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
      Canada’s Next Top Model, set to air in mid-May on Citytv.
      nobody tops Linda Evangilista.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I think I remember earlier BSG TV trailers proudly stating Time thought BSG was the best show on TV, so it's top ranking here isn't too surprising.

However, Wondershow Zen at #6??!! I can't decide if that show is too profound for me to comprehend or just insane.

Comment

Is the iTunes video the same video that is available on AOL at http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1446919 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbito
            Is the iTunes video the same video that is available on AOL at http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1446919 ?

Yes

Comment

nice
              sigpic

Comment

From the New York Times:

Sci-Fi Nights

By NEIL GENZLINGER
                January 1, 2006

Article covers all 3 SFC Friday night shows. Click on the link to read the entire article. Some excerpts:

"At the core of it all is a chuckle," Amanda Tapping said. Or sometimes, many chuckles: another favorite memory is of a guest appearance by the expert cut-up Dom DeLuise in Season 3. "I don't know how they got shots of us not laughing," Ms. Tapping said.

Robert Cooper, executive producer of the series, agreed. "We don't take ourselves too seriously," he said. "I wouldn't say it's full-on tongue-in-cheek, but we do have a unique sense of humor."

Mr. Cooper said that at one point he expected Season 9 to have one main purpose: to bring the series to a close. "We thought, 'Maybe it's time to fold up the suitcase,'" he said. The plan was to phase out the original "Stargate" and shift energy to its spinoff, "Stargate Atlantis." But "Stargate SG-1," which is bolstered by a core group of fans called Gaters, proved more durable than that: a 10th season is now in the works. And so instead of winding things down, Season 9 has been used to pep them up, with new characters and ideas. "We decided to sort of reinvent the show," Mr. Cooper said. "We have the best of the old and the best of the new going forward."

Dave Howe, executive vice president of SciFi, said the three series on Friday night have drawn a surprisingly broad-based audience. "It's not the sort of very male geeky kinds of guys that you'd expect," he said. "It's actually people who love soap operas, people who enjoy watching character dramas."

David Eick, executive producer of "Battlestar Galactica," said that type of audience is just what he's after. "If we were only to succeed in capturing a sort of groupie fan base, I would consider the show an abject failure," he said. "It's a drama first and a sci-fi show second."

"Battlestar," with a sexier, more grown-up edge than "Stargate," is about a spaceship trying to survive after the destruction of most of mankind by robotic creatures called Cylons. But Mr. Eick said the coming season will explore how not all threats come from without.

"People are going to see how we have met the enemy and he is us," he said. "We'll explore how the Cyclons aren't as threatening an enemy as our own dysfunction is."

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Being a collector of all sorts of stuff, I'd be all over some BSG toys if and when they happen. I remember reading someone was making some action figures but I'm not sure who. Every Google search I've done leads me to the '78 series guys. The closest I've come is on rebelscum.com where I read Hasbro is making some BSG ships and Stargate stuff mixed into their Star Wars micro assortments. Any help regarding when that'd be coming out and who/ if/ when the figures are coming is appreciated.

Comment

Here are scans of the new TV Guide article "The Ultimate Power Couple"

beware of possible spoilers

Page 1
                    Page 2
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

HEHE

I love the end bit where they say how they want the series 2 end
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                        HEHE

I love the end bit where they say how they want the series 2 end

That was great!!!

Comment

From TV Guide: Roush Review:

Battle Scars

by Matt Roush

"Has the whole world gone mad?" wonders Commander Adama (Edward James Olmos). Indeed, humans are their own worst enemies as Sci Fi Channel’s thrilling Battlestar Galactica resumes (Fridays, 10 pm/ET) with a taut two-parter pitting Adama against ruthless Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes). The action is fierce, with assassination plots and threats of execution. But it’s in the moral ambiguities that Battlestar excels.

Comment

Nice article. EJO and MM sound like they have a wonderful working relationship. Nice to see how much they all respect EJO but doesn't surprise me. He just oozes integrity. at EJO's prediction for the end of the show.

And interesting stuff in that little sidebar on Helfer/Six.

Spoiler:
                            I've wanted to know more about how the Cylon consciousness is transferred when they die.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

"Battlestar" Season 2.0 Primer On Battlestar Fodder

A primer for all the episodes so far in Season 2 of the SciFi Channel's mega hit "Battlestar Galactica" is available on Battlestar Fodder.

Test your knowledge by answering these questions:
                              • Who does Colonel Tigh have to rely on to save the Galactica when Cylon Centurions board the ship?
                              • Who kills the first Sharon?
                              • Who does Kara (aka Starbuck) get busy with on Caprica?
                              • Who gets killed on Kobol when President Roslin goes looking for the Tomb of Athena?
                              • What's on the deleted news footage that is so important to the Cylons?
                              • Who do they name the Blackbird after?
                              • What color are Gina's gloves on the Pegasus? (Trick question!... She's not wearing gloves!)

If you are drawing a blank on any of these - or just want to refresh your memory on what's been going on far across the heavens - The Fodder Network is here for you!

A summary of each episode is available to get you set for the return of Season 2 this Friday. We've been waiting what seems like an eternity for the season to resume. (They had time to release the DVD set for crying out loud!) Thank the gods it's back!

Comment

Originally posted by K07
                                Being a collector of all sorts of stuff, I'd be all over some BSG toys if and when they happen. I remember reading someone was making some action figures but I'm not sure who. Every Google search I've done leads me to the '78 series guys. The closest I've come is on rebelscum.com where I read Hasbro is making some BSG ships and Stargate stuff mixed into their Star Wars micro assortments. Any help regarding when that'd be coming out and who/ if/ when the figures are coming is appreciated.
                                The only place I have seen any information was here: http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/n...04toysco.shtml

Personally, I cannot wait. Now...how about a 16" Galactica model?

Comment

Working...
                                X