This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace should get at least a 90 on the natural beauty scale.....the woman
    is just gorgeous and stunning......her facial soft appearace works better than
    any make up....who ever did that scoring is totally off......

She also scored higher on Maxims beauty scale I think......the woman
    is just sooo fine.
    Last edited by dec55; 23 December 2005, 01:20 AM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
      Well clearly you do have use for one if you want to download from iTunes.
      <sigh> logic is a dish best served cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Natron
        Just saw this on Digg and downloaded it. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet as I am in the middle of watching Serenity with commentary. I did skim through it and it looks to contain some new stuff.

iTunes URL: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...n?id=110899839

Greene with envy...that´s exactly the way I feel. It´s not available to Spain either, with or withourt credit card

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
          She also scored higher on Maxims beauty scale I think......the woman
          is just sooo fine.
          I totally will agree with that. Grace Park is definitely a beautiful woman. Lovely to watch onscreen, and not a bad actress to boot.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
            Grace should get at least a 90 on the natural beauty scale.....her facial soft appearace works better than
            any make up....
            I'm not sure, but in this picture it looks like airbrushing.

Comment

From The Star Ledger:

Honor Roll

by Matt Zoller Seitz
              Sunday, December 25, 2005

Click on the link to read the entire article.

The best show of the year? What the #!@*)!! do you think?

My Top 10 list this year should probably carry an asterisk. While there were at least 10 programs, or groups of programs, worth watching every week -- and many more worth checking in on (see my "Honorable Mentions") -- my No. 1 selection, David Milch's HBO western "Deadwood," towered so far above the rest that I was tempted to put every other program in a tie for 10th place. That's not a knock against "Battlestar Galactica," "American Experience" and other formidable titles, just a frank admission that "Deadwood" is not just another program; it's a work of art, the next evolutionary step in series television, and the first drama since "Hill Street Blues" that I feel privileged to have been alive to see. For more evangelizing, read on.

3. "Battlestar Galactica" (Sci-Fi): Everytime a new sci-fi series comes on the air, the producers trot out the same tired boilerplate about how theirs isn't a really sci-fi series, but a serious drama that just happens to include sci-fi elements. "Battlestar," now in its second season, is arguably the first high-profile sci-fi show since "Farscape" and the syndicated "Star Trek" series that earns the right to make such lofty claims. In fact -- brace yourself for heresy, kids -- this hard-edged, heavily allegorical series one-ups all preceding sci-fi series by refusing to coddle any of its protagonists in order to make them "relatable." Like 1970s movie heroes, the "Battlestar" crew can be stubborn, deluded, manipulative, childish and dishonest, but the show never cares if you approve; it only asks that you find their behavior believable and interesting, and find cultural, political and theological insight in the series' broad-brushstroke action plots.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

From The Star Ledger:

2005 saw some provocative twists on the traditional

by Alan Sepinwall
                Sunday, December 25, 2005

Click on the link to read the rest of the article.

Idiot box? Nah. Vast wasteland? Forget about it. The best television of 2005 managed to entertain at the same time it was stirring up debate about pressing social issues, including a space adventure that's really a 9/11 allegory, a foul-mouthed Western that looks at the roots of law and order in America and a high school drama about a cute blonde private eye whose cases always seem to revolve around the widening gap between the haves and the have-nots. Here are my picks, in descending order.

1. "Battlestar Galactica" (Sci-Fi): Our nation suffers a brutal attack by a group of religious zealots who believe they're God's chosen people. The military, civilian government and media spar over the proper way to wage war on the terrorists. The president starts invoking God at every turn to drum up voter support. Opinions are split when it's revealed that soldiers have been torturing prisoners of war.

The latest installment of "Frontline"? Try the remake of a cheezy '70s space opera. Producer Ronald Moore and a heavyweight cast led by Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell have reclaimed science fiction from the people who only saw it as an excuse for special effects and technobabble; they're using the spaceships and robots to comment on modern life in the way that sci-fi masters like Philip K. Dick and Rod Serling used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                  ... Producer Ronald Moore and a heavyweight cast led by Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell have reclaimed science fiction from the people who only saw it as an excuse for special effects and technobabble; they're using the spaceships and robots to comment on modern life in the way that sci-fi masters like Philip K. Dick and Rod Serling used to.
                  Bravo! Especially the highlighted part.
                  In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

From TwinCities.Com:

These episodes were keepers

BY MATT ZOLLER SEITZ
                    Tue, Dec. 27, 2005

Click on the link to read the rest of the article.

There's no such thing as a TV show that hits a home run each week, or even a triple. In fact, most of TV slides along the spectrum of excellent to competent to awful more freely than critics care to admit. This is surely a byproduct of having to crank out 12 to 24 episodes a season. Under such circumstances, getting it perfect takes a backseat to getting it done.

With that in mind, here's my list of the year's best individual episodes. It comprises installments of sitcoms or dramas that brushed against perfection in every aesthetic department (writing, direction, acting, photography, editing) while simultaneously reminding us of what makes the series tick.

"Battlestar Galactica: Pegasus." (Sci-Fi)

The midpoint of the show's second season saw the ragtag, fugitive fleet learning that a second battlestar, the Pegasus, survived the Cylon genocide, only to develop a darker facsimile of civilization than the Galactica's. Because the Pegasus had no civilian fleet to protect, its values were built on the hardest aspects of warrior culture. Discipline and loyalty were bound up with intimidation and paranoia; order was maintained through shockingly casual "interrogations" of suspected enemies that were basically legalized beat-downs and gang rapes. Alternately chilling and inspirational, this episode recontextualized the Galactica fleet's existence and gave its civilian and military members a reason to put aside their differences and reaffirm the values that bind them.

Comment

I agree, Pegasus was great. BSG is consistantly good (wish sg1 and sga were like this as well)

Comment

Here's a link to a story I wrote a few days back. The time line can either be from the first Cylon war or the same has the current time line as TNS (The New Show). You guys can tell me wearther its good or not. I hope you like it.

You might have some confusion why the title of the page says "Artist Needed Sample Script". Hopes this explains why that is. Well, I'm looking for a person(s) to make this script into a short comic but right now. I'm not trying to advertise on this forum. I just wanted to explain.

Comment

Ron and Dave are going to get a pay raise. LOL, the sci-fi channel will proabliy just give them more seasons and show development deals. I wonder if the stars and crew of the show are going to ask for pay raises? The Desperate Housewives stars and crew did after their success in 2004. Anyway, I wish them the best of luck in future shows.

Comment

This is great news, good to see this show getting some recognition.

Comment

For those who doesn't live in US and can't download it from iTunes...

Download it on BSG-CZ.net video quality really sux, but sound is quite good.

[21:01 minutes, 43,7MB, video res. 160x128]

thx to azarhal from Galactica Actual...
                              Last edited by d3u5; 27 December 2005, 04:10 PM.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

d3u5 are you a member of all BSG related boards too?

Comment

Working...
                                X