Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Who Else Doesn't Like Where This Is Going Thread...Spoilers. Big Spoilers. Beware

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Who Else Doesn't Like Where This Is Going Thread...Spoilers. Big Spoilers. Beware

Hm. I'm not sure if this will be of any interest with anybody, or whether or not it has been done, but i'm not so sure I like where the series is going. Its just so different. So I'm not doing spoiler warnings since spoilers were implied in the title. Anyway, so the point of the series is that humanity is fighting/running from the cylons right? So now, they are on a planet (not running) making peace with the cylons (the enemy). And that is not right. Out of curiosity, how are they going to keep the show going? It's so depressing. Where is Battlestar Galactica the show going to go when the Battlestar Galactica the ship is no longer needed? How are humans going to fight cylons when they are friends? This is so messed up. I hope other people think so as well.

So here are the things i don't like: THe battlestars are empty and depressing, The cylons are nice. Starbuck's hair really doesn't work for her. Lee is fat. Adama has a mustache. Starbuck likes Tigh. Gosh. THe list goes on. Anyway, just thought I'd express my opinion.
    The End

If you read the interview with RDM he says this arc will only last about 3 or 4 episodes into season three, then it goes back to the ships.

I am thinking that this is all just a Cylon test. The thing that I want, is I want Baltar to finally outed a traitor and left behind.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Personally, I'm fine with how things are progressing on this show. I really enjoyed the season finale, even with all it's twists and turns. We'll get back to the ships, and our search for Earth, but in the meantime, I think this New Caprica storyline is quite interesting. This is, afterall, a different take on BSG. It isn't supposed to be just like the original show. And I'm cool with that. I'm really excited to see where all this goes next season.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well that's good. At least the show will have a point again. But these facts remain: Starbuck's hair still doesn't work for her. Starbuck still likes tigh. Lee is still fat. Adama still has a mustache. The Chief and Cally are cute. But that's like the only good thing i saw in the last 30 minutes. SO yeah. At least I now know that the battlestars WILL indeed start mattering again. Again, i thank you.

Comment

The episode itself was great. This along with part 1 were the best episodes of the second half of season 2. But the ending? I hated it. I was so shocked to see Baltar not waking up. It's not a bad idea to have them stop running, but a year went by and we didn't see it. The last half of the season had huge gaps between episodes and that ticked me off. But a whole year going by?! It's like starting the show all over. Everyone is a different character and the second half of season 2 did quite a sloppy job of showing those changes. The whole Lee/ Dualla thing was poorly written and that aspect with Lee/ Kara is just too confusing. Baltar has changed far too much for my liking. I liked him up until he woke up in his office on New Caprica.

The show's going to fail. I'm not refusing to watch season 3, but I'm not at all excited for it. It's gotta be really really good to keep my interest in it. And a lot of people will stop watching it and why would the Sci Fi channel greenlight a fourth season if it loses viewers?

Comment

Liked the first half, wasn't so keen on the second half, loathed and despised the "One Year Later" bit.

But of course, I'm completely wrong to think that and I have little doubt that the show's ardent defenders will come along to shove my words back down my throat where they belong.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              But of course, I'm completely wrong to think that and I have little doubt that the show's ardent defenders will come along to shove my words back down my throat where they belong.
              I usually visit tv.com to see user reviews. This was the highest rated episode ever. 10.0 out of 10 and it's been 2 days now. There are a few negative reviews with my thoughts on this, but not many. You can be sure everyone here is gonna be on our cases. From just reading some 'spoiler topics' from before this episode aired, a lot of people seem excited. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by foxhound22
                The thing that I want, is I want Baltar to finally outed a traitor and left behind.
                NO, what I'd really love to see is Hero-Six walk up to a cowering Baltar - convinced he's terminally screwed - and say, "Gaius, we want you be our advisor on humanity - after all Hera needs a father and we can't let those who rejected our offer of peace to live." Meanwhile, everyone else thinks Gaius Baltar might have been a crap President, but died heroically in the defense of his people. Little do the fools know...

Comment

I absolutely loved it for the pure fact that it was completely out of the blue. When I read "One year later" I thought it was Baltar's dream (especially with him waking up to 2 women in his bed). It absolutely threw a spanner in the works and when Adama and Tigh were saying goodbye I was starting to think it must've been a dream. But it wasn't..I think it gives the writers some real options next season. The only fracking problem is it's been put back from the normal July series start.

Comment

How did the Tighs and Starbuck become so close anyway? Not that I particularly mind but it was rather abrupt.

And what's with Lee hoarding medical supplies and why hasn't the Admiral or Baltar done something about it?

And one thing that's always puzzled me since the episodes where part of the Fleet broke away is why are some civilian ships armed? What were they defending themselves against?

Comment

Originally posted by verse1991
                      Hm. I'm not sure if this will be of any interest with anybody, or whether or not it has been done, but i'm not so sure I like where the series is going. Its just so different. So I'm not doing spoiler warnings since spoilers were implied in the title. Anyway, so the point of the series is that humanity is fighting/running from the cylons right? So now, they are on a planet (not running) making peace with the cylons (the enemy). And that is not right. Out of curiosity, how are they going to keep the show going? It's so depressing. Where is Battlestar Galactica the show going to go when the Battlestar Galactica the ship is no longer needed? How are humans going to fight cylons when they are friends? This is so messed up. I hope other people think so as well.

So here are the things i don't like: THe battlestars are empty and depressing, The cylons are nice. Starbuck's hair really doesn't work for her. Lee is fat. Adama has a mustache. Starbuck likes Tigh. Gosh. THe list goes on. Anyway, just thought I'd express my opinion.
                      The End
                      To be honest ive never been a strong fan of galactica anyway, so I dont care - the galactica setting for me can sometimes feel derived and unrealistic. Sometimes the way people act towards each other, even after knowing them for ages, is utterly cold, as if everyone is constantly competing. And the universe hasnt been fleshed out enough in some places - half the charecters didnt even seem to have a reaction to the end of their race and culture, even in the mini.

Comment

It is a bit dark, reminiscent of DS9.

I think the characters hatred of the Cylons and distrust of Sharon etc show how much they care about the end of their civilisation.

Some of the characters do come off as a bit cold, off-hand. I guess it's the writers keeping with the general theme of the show.

Comment

What happendin the season finale is both brilliant and disturbing.

First - a whole year has passed. A very difficult year from all the information we've seen - but who's lives don't change form year to year. Mine does. Friendships grow, some end, som die on the vine from lack of communication. Positions change, people move on, and most importantly - when things become 'regualr' from day to day - people grow lazy.

Humanity at it best and it's worst.

Here's my 2 cents.

Baltar will come out of this a hero, and yet at the same time a bigger threat. Adama and crew will rescue them, but something else in the mix. Cylon collaberators. Com'on - you know this would be coming.

The quest for earth will not only be renewed; it will grow stronger.

In the end, Moore + crew will keep us wishing for more. Sorry - no pun intended.

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

If one considers how rare it is to find a habitable planet, any opportunity to get off the ships is very tempting. Then there are some that will want to plant roots and stay.

If at any one point the RTF hasn't encountered any Cylon presence, the lure of a habitable planet to settle on may become an irresistible idea among the civilians. Nobody knows how long it will take to find Earth or even if there really is an Earth to go to. The longer the voyage and all the sacrifices and hardships suffered through, people will reach a breaking point and need at least a break.

New Caprica may be in an ice age, but it is hidden in a nubula and would be hard for the Cylons to detect. Unfortunately, Gina set off the nuke and created a lighthouse effect that was detected by a passing Cylon fleet. Baltar being a scientist should have predicted this possible outcome. But it appears the power of the Presidency clouded his judgement and he basically used the power of the office to consolidate his position and to strip the military, particulary Adama, of any influence.

So now the Colonials had a year of peace. Baltar did what he promised to do and those that disagreed or voted against him was ordered to the planet by his executive decree. Unfortunately, Baltar is ruling autocratically and his government is corrupt. Why didn't the Colonials station a few raptors or unmanned satellites at the edges of the nubula, or at the maximum effective range of their Dradis, or patrol nearby star systems just in case? Maybe those questions will be answered or maybe not.

If and when the humans escape, it's just a lesson for them to always be on guard and prepared. The next time they may not be so lucky. I would bet in the future, at least half the people will opt to stay on the ships and just venture down to whatever habitable planet they find next. Maybe even a rotation set up with family members split up for a short time to ensure somebody survives. Splitting the fleet is another option. They could search a wider area or one of them could find Earth first and possible help. Meet up at some predetermined coodinates to compare notes every so often.

Who knows, maybe #6's love for Baltar is so strong that she will ask for asylum instead of Baltar being "found out" and left behind. Can't see Baltar volunteering to give up the Presidency. His ego won't allow it. Baltar might not have a choice if the humans are rescued. Who knows who was his Vice President. The V.P. could be an unknown Cylon agent.

Oh well, let's see what happens and then comment on the direction of the series.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I'm still in shock that the last 30 mins was not a dream. It all happened so fast. Even if they eventually get back out into space, they've spent a large amount of resources on the colony. Who knows how much of the ships they canibalized to make everything. Also we don't know how much of the fleet was taken out by the nuke. We know Cloud Nine is gone (which makes me sad btw) but the blast might have taken out some of the smaller ships too. According to the Doc they are out of meds except for the emergency ones on the Battlestars. It's just a mess.

A lot of people say they like where the show is going because its new, but the truth is this is the same old story again. They get wiped out, only a few supplies and ships left, start running from the Cylons. The impression comes accross to me almost like TPTB was running out of struggles with the Cylons wanting peace and us having a new Battlestar, so they created another struggle that is virtually the same one as before.

So I'm not sure if I like where this is going either, but we'll see in July...OH WAIT, no we wont.

Comment

Working...
                              X