The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
    Laura knew she would take the heat in the history books for her decision, but she doesn't see Cylon's as a race
    You hit the nail right on the head there. If Laura has a single failing it's her inability to see the Cylons as people.

she was charged with making the fleet safe and this was a way to ensure the survival of the human race and not the Cylons. And in a war you have to do what you have to do to ensure your sides survival.
    From the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide

"Article III: The following acts shall be punishable:
    (a) Genocide;
    (b) Conspiracy to commit genocide;
    (c) Direct and public incitement to commit genocide;
    (d) Attempt to commit genocide;
    (e) Complicity in genocide.

Article IV: Persons committing genocide or any of the other acts enumerated in article III shall be punished, whether they are constitutionally responsible rulers, public officials or private individuals. "

There are some lines you just don't cross. It doesn't matter if they did it first, that's not a level you ever want to descend to. Seriously, how about a little moral fibre here guys?

Still love Laura though. I suppose that's why we love BSG so much, realistic characters who you're not always going to agree with - just like everyday people!
    sigpic
    "Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

And in a war you have to do what you have to do to ensure your sides survival.
      Sorry, forgot this little nugget, lol:

"Article I: The Contracting Parties confirm that genocide, whether committed in time of peace or in time of war, is a crime under international law."

Are you running out of excuses yet? ;p
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
        She looks....weird. In BASAURICON she looked very happy with The Closer and working with Kyra and she told us she is becoming a producer!
        That would be awesome!

I can't wait to see more of her in the CLOSER... she Rocked!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aphelionite View Post

Are you running out of excuses yet? ;p
          I wasn't making excuses I was putting myself in Laura's shoes, thinking as she would think. that is the rational I could see for Laura to make that choice.
          sigpic

Comment

I can understand her reasoning too, I was just illustrating why she was so wrong, lol. What's that quote? 'A tyrant will always find a reason for his tyrrany' or something to that effect...

Just watched Razor for the first time and while I can see how Cain ended up where she did it doesn't mean I'd do the same thing in her place. Razor was unexpectedly great. Love Michelle Forbes from her Startrek days and the Australian woman was in The Sarah Connor Chronicles and kicks ASS! And there were a couple of Roslin scenes that I was completely not expecting otherwise I wouldn't have had it sat on my shelf for two months before getting around to watching it! lol.

Okay, minirant over, lol. Thanks for talking with me, I love picking over iffy decisions made by our favourite character.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey, did anyone else notice that Mary fluffed her line in Unfinished Business when she climbed into the ring? She said, "Ice for the bleeding, coagulant for the swelling."

lol!
              sigpic

Comment

no not really, I was paying attention to the fact she climbed into the Ring to tend to Adama!! THAT ROCKED!!!
                sigpic

Comment

no not really, I was paying attention to the fact she climbed into the Ring to tend to Adama!! THAT ROCKED!!!
                  Well, of course it rocked! Talk about stating the obvious...
                  sigpic

Comment

When? To whom?

1. “I’m coming for all of you!”

2. “Why don’t you go frak yourself.”

3. “If you’re my subconscious, I’ve gotta say, you’re a little full of myself.”

4. “You have your pound of flesh now I suggest you take your victory and move on.”

5. “Live a quiet life and I’ll die a quiet little death.”

6. “Don’t look so worried, I’m not dying today.”

7. “He thinks I’m a complete idiot, doesn’t he?”

8. “In war you only die once, in politics it can happen over and over.”

9. “Frakking bluh bluh!”

10. “Tell him this comes directly from the office of the president - and it’s not a request.”

I've probably misquoted a couple as I wrote these all from memory. Feel free to correct - and come up with a few of your own! Have fun! 2 points for each question: episode name and who our favourite character was talking to at the time...
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, of course it rocked! Talk about stating the obvious...
                      five will get you ten she was the one to tend him in his quarters... lol!! Least in my mind she did.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that no one can answer the above quotes... I've really gotta go find some BSG quizzes, you guys just aren't interested, are you...
                        sigpic

Comment

1.) Roslin to Zarek
                          2.)
                          3.) Roslin to Elosha
                          4.)
                          5.) Roslin to Adama
                          6.)Roslin to Adama
                          7.)Roslin to Lee
                          8.)Roslin to Adama
                          9.)Roslin to Adama
                          10.)Roslin to Lee

there you go answered.... lol!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Totally forgot about this! lol. Well done 8/10 The others were to (2)Baltar (at the second presidential debate) and (4)Sara of the Quorum in The Captain's Hand
                            sigpic

Comment

Mary was in The Closer on Brit tv last night! Love her but I miss BSG. She'll never play a better character than Laura Roslin.
                              sigpic

Comment

Mary was in The Closer on Brit tv last night! Love her but I miss BSG. She'll never play a better character than Laura Roslin.
                                Laura Roslin will always be first in my hear tof her fave characters... BUT sharon Raydor is doing a pretty good job of becoming one of my faves!! she is so awesome!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X