Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Spoiler:
    And even though he did distance himself from Baltar, he was the original backer of his run for the presidency, which the people probably still have in mind. The people probably want the government swept clean of all that reminds them of New Caprica, and the way to do that is to go back to having Laura as prez.
    I agree, and I'm sure that's how it's gonna go, it would just be an interesting twist. Hee.

Originally posted by major fischer
    You shouldn't have to wait too long, chapter 1 went to the beta's last night, and I've got the notes with me for chapter 2. Darn having to do that French homework first or I'd be writing right now
    *kicks French homework*

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Hey everyone I found this over on Bear's site

Spoiler:
      If I had to pick a personal favorite cue that I've done for Battlestar it would be in the fourth act of this episode when the refugees return to Galactica. Scored for string orchestra, this piece plays against the jubilant celebration of the hangar deck and instead underscores the dark transformation of Col. Tigh and Starbuck. Their bodies have returned, but their souls may have been left behind on the planet. This scene is among the most powerful in the series and it was a thrill to have the live orchestra for this moving piece.

The cue continues into the next scene with Roslin, and a Japanese bansuri sneaks in playing her theme. Keen listeners will notice that this theme is an instrumental version of the melody sung in Armenian at the very beginning of "Occupation." I wrote this as a way to bookend the New Caprica story line, in the same spirit as when "Allegro" from "Home, Part II" bookended the Kobol storyline

anyone ever hear it?

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post

Spoiler:
        If I had to pick a personal favorite cue that I've done for Battlestar it would be in the fourth act of this episode when the refugees return to Galactica. Scored for string orchestra, this piece plays against the jubilant celebration of the hangar deck and instead underscores the dark transformation of Col. Tigh and Starbuck. Their bodies have returned, but their souls may have been left behind on the planet. This scene is among the most powerful in the series and it was a thrill to have the live orchestra for this moving piece.

The cue continues into the next scene with Roslin, and a Japanese bansuri sneaks in playing her theme. Keen listeners will notice that this theme is an instrumental version of the melody sung in Armenian at the very beginning of "Occupation." I wrote this as a way to bookend the New Caprica story line, in the same spirit as when "Allegro" from "Home, Part II" bookended the Kobol storyline

anyone ever hear it?
        I did not notice. Aw man. You mean I'm gonna have to go back and watch it again?

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
          I did not notice. Aw man. You mean I'm gonna have to go back and watch it again?
          Yeah. I think her theme might have been introduced in the miniseries. But I'm not sure about that.

Comment

Yeah. I think her theme might have been introduced in the miniseries. But I'm not sure about that.
            Can't swear to the miniseries, never did get the soundtrack for that, but you'll hear it first in season one as the track "Bloodshed" (the Kobol scene with Baltar falling on his back, and of course the shooting of our beloved Bill), and in season two as "Epiphanies".

Spoiler:
            "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
            ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
              Can't swear to the miniseries, never did get the soundtrack for that, but you'll hear it first in season one as the track "Bloodshed" (the Kobol scene with Baltar falling on his back, and of course the shooting of our beloved Bill), and in season two as "Epiphanies".
              Hey thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                Cool! I'll have to listen to the soundtracks. I do have all 3 soundtracks but hadn't really paid that much attention, beyond The OTP Theme Song and what appears to be the Adama Family Theme Song. Thanks! I do love the song "Roslin Confesses" on the S2 soundtrack. So pretty. And I like how it blended right out of the one before it, which was part of the Adama Family theme song. Is our dear Bear hinting?

Oh yeah, this thread is about Mary. She loves us. She said our life is there with her. Awww, *huggles Mary hard*

Comment

Cool! I'll have to listen to the soundtracks. I do have all 3 soundtracks but hadn't really paid that much attention, beyond The OTP Theme Song and what appears to be the Adama Family Theme Song. Thanks! I do love the song "Roslin Confesses" on the S2 soundtrack. So pretty. And I like how it blended right out of the one before it, which was part of the Adama Family theme song. Is our dear Bear hinting?

Oh yeah, this thread is about Mary. She loves us. She said our life is there with her. Awww, *huggles Mary hard*
                  Hey, we're talking Laura theme song here, we're on topic

Spoiler:
                  "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                  ---Bill Adama

Comment

That's a .....shame...

Guess I should do the same. Just to keep my fellow fangirl company

Lovebar made by natz099
                    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
                      That's a .....shame...

Guess I should do the same. Just to keep my fellow fangirl company
                      That's a relief! I'm glad for the support. You know how difficult it can be to rewatch BSG, especially scenes with Mary.

Comment

A little self pimping. I posted the first chapter of the new revised more shinny The Black Ships, a Battlestar Galactica/The West Wing crossover.

For those of you worried about pairings, this has a dominant Roslin/Adama pairing eventually, and a bit of Roslin/Zarek, but nothing explicit. I don't write smut. I'm bad at it and you would cry.

Feedback greatly appreciated and makes the author happy

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                          A little self pimping. I posted the first chapter of the new revised more shinny The Black Ships, a Battlestar Galactica/The West Wing crossover.

For those of you worried about pairings, this has a dominant Roslin/Adama pairing eventually, and a bit of Roslin/Zarek, but nothing explicit. I don't write smut. I'm bad at it and you would cry.

Feedback greatly appreciated and makes the author happy
                          Sweet! I'll check it out when I get home tonight. Can't access LJ from work. *kicks work*

Comment

Spoiler:

anyone ever hear it?
                            I just rewatched the scene...and it really is the song *faints* didn't notice it... but I always say, a good theme-music is the one you don't notice but gets on your emotions
                            I'm sooo looking forward to S3 soundtrack (if there will be one...I guess it's not confirmed yet???)

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
                              I just rewatched the scene...and it really is the song *faints* didn't notice it... but I always say, a good theme-music is the one you don't notice but gets on your emotions
                              I'm sooo looking forward to S3 soundtrack (if there will be one...I guess it's not confirmed yet???)
                              I don't know what her theme sounds like. Anyone want to upload it so we can hear it?

By the way you guys have to check out David Ecik new Video Blog.

Mhahahaha

Comment

I don't know what her theme sounds like. Anyone want to upload it so we can hear it?

By the way you guys have to check out David Ecik new Video Blog.

Mhahahaha
                                Spoiler:

I am so scared.....don't want anyone to die.....and Mary's definitly a candidate.....

*gets all depressed*

Comment

Working...
                                X