The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
    I KNOW! It almost made me tear up it was so sweet and lovely *kicks Shatner* Take a page out of Mary's book buddy.

See you all at Mary! *goes to book flight*

I love that..."at Mary" *giggles*
    Yes, that was totally sweet of her to say. I think Shatner pissed a LOT of people off when he said that. *huggles Mary for being so nice*

"at Mary" seems to work best. Or, my other favorite, "on EJO."

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
      Yes, that was totally sweet of her to say. I think Shatner pissed a LOT of people off when he said that.
      I've never forgiven him and I've not watched Boston Legal because of my distaste for him. My girlfriend is a bigger Trekkie than me (she used to run Cons in Nova Scotia) and I think the only scifi personality she has worse things to say about than Shatner is the guy who played Darth Vader... David Proust?

There is a balance I suppose between confidence and arrogance, but I have to say Mary is probably the biggest class act I've seen in science fiction with a close second being Bruce Boxlightner.

And I'm sure I mispelled a couple of names in there didn't bother to look them up

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
        I've never forgiven him and I've not watched Boston Legal because of my distaste for him. My girlfriend is a bigger Trekkie than me (she used to run Cons in Nova Scotia) and I think the only scifi personality she has worse things to say about than Shatner is the guy who played Darth Vader... David Proust?

There is a balance I suppose between confidence and arrogance, but I have to say Mary is probably the biggest class act I've seen in science fiction with a close second being Bruce Boxlightner.

And I'm sure I mispelled a couple of names in there didn't bother to look them up
        Meh, I still like Boston Legal. James Spader is a class act. Love him!

BUt Mary just pulls of class, sass and poise like no-one else. And I'm glad she enjoys doing cons and mingling with the fans.

Lovebar made by natz099
        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Meh, I still like Boston Legal. James Spader is a class act. Love him!

BUt Mary just pulls of class, sass and poise like no-one else. And I'm glad she enjoys doing cons and mingling with the fans.
          I hope we all get to meet her at a con one day. I'd probably tacklehug her right to the ground and then I'd get in trouble, but it would be worth it!

Originally posted by major fischer

Yes, I never liked Shatner after that. I mean, come on, dude. The fans are what keep him in business and lots of money and he's dumb enough to diss them? Not cool. So glad Mary's fun and sweet and classy and down to earth. No pun intended. And the rest of the BSG cast seem to be pretty cool about it, too. Esp our dear EJO. Between him and Mary, we've pretty much got the classy thing covered, IMHO.

Comment

I hope we all get to meet her at a con one day. I'd probably tacklehug her right to the ground and then I'd get in trouble, but it would be worth it!
            Too true! Although I wouldn't tackle her - I'd just have the biggest, stupidest grin on my face I think I fangirl her more than Torri!!

Yes, I never liked Shatner after that. I mean, come on, dude. The fans are what keep him in business and lots of money and he's dumb enough to diss them? Not cool. So glad Mary's fun and sweet and classy and down to earth. No pun intended. And the rest of the BSG cast seem to be pretty cool about it, too. Esp our dear EJO. Between him and Mary, we've pretty much got the classy thing covered, IMHO.
            Word!

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Too true! Although I wouldn't tackle her - I'd just have the biggest, stupidest grin on my face I think I fangirl her more than Torri!!
              I think I probably fangirl them equally. At least if you look at the number of DVD screen caps I have there are more of Torri, but I don't think that's for lack of trying

All of the fan fic I've written about recently has center around either Weir or Roslin (two parts of a alternate universe trilogy about Elizabeth Weir as a World War II/Cold War era spy) and a monster of a BSG/West Wing fic that is really about Laura Roslin and Jed Bartlet when you come down to it.

Comment

I think I probably fangirl them equally. At least if you look at the number of DVD screen caps I have there are more of Torri, but I don't think that's for lack of trying

All of the fan fic I've written about recently has center around either Weir or Roslin (two parts of a alternate universe trilogy about Elizabeth Weir as a World War II/Cold War era spy) and a monster of a BSG/West Wing fic that is really about Laura Roslin and Jed Bartlet when you come down to it.
                Cool! Have you posted the BSG fic anywhere yet? I would love to read it!

BTW, I loved how in Exodus 2
                Spoiler:
                Laura oh-so-calmly plops herself back in the President's seat and just looks around like "what are you waiting for?" and says "I'm ready to leave now." LOL! She totally took control and it was awesome. *Huggles Laura and Mary both!*

Comment

Cool! Have you posted the BSG fic anywhere yet? I would love to read it!
                  There are earlier versions of the fic posted but I'm not handing out links anymore because I'm about to start on a massive rewrite of the fic. It was the first fic I wrote in ages and have written better ones since, while I still like the idea and some of the material I'm a little unsatisifed with the execution.

On the bright side I just finished writing the last chapter of the Elizabeth Weir in the Berlin Airlift fic and should be able to start working on the rewrite soon. The West Wing fic was pretty darn popular even though it wasn't my best work back when I was posting it regularly so I'm hoping to recapture that and do it justice.

Comment

There are earlier versions of the fic posted but I'm not handing out links anymore because I'm about to start on a massive rewrite of the fic. It was the first fic I wrote in ages and have written better ones since, while I still like the idea and some of the material I'm a little unsatisifed with the execution.

On the bright side I just finished writing the last chapter of the Elizabeth Weir in the Berlin Airlift fic and should be able to start working on the rewrite soon. The West Wing fic was pretty darn popular even though it wasn't my best work back when I was posting it regularly so I'm hoping to recapture that and do it justice.
                    Cool. Well I hope you shamelessly self-promote when you're done rewriting!

Comment

BTW, I loved how in Exodus 2
                      Spoiler:
                      Laura oh-so-calmly plops herself back in the President's seat and just looks around like "what are you waiting for?" and says "I'm ready to leave now." LOL! She totally took control and it was awesome. *Huggles Laura and Mary both!*

OMG I totally loved that bit.
                      Spoiler:
                      she spread out her papers looked up and said oh so calmly that they good go *chuckles*

So very very awesome.

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

OMG I totally loved that bit.
                        Spoiler:
                        she spread out her papers looked up and said oh so calmly that they good go *chuckles*

So very very awesome.
                        I can't wait until this week's ep (yes, I say that every week! ) But it will be cool to see how
                        Spoiler:
                        they work it out that she gets to be Prez again and not Zarek and see how she slips back into the role. It will be interesting to see how her second administration is different/similar to her first one. The first one she was so freaked out, poor thing, during her swearing-in, but I really enjoyed watching how she grew into the role and learned to BE the President. This new bit will be interesting to see where it takes her.

Comment

I can't wait until this week's ep (yes, I say that every week! ) But it will be cool to see how
                          Spoiler:
                          they work it out that she gets to be Prez again and not Zarek and see how she slips back into the role. It will be interesting to see how her second administration is different/similar to her first one. The first one she was so freaked out, poor thing, during her swearing-in, but I really enjoyed watching how she grew into the role and learned to BE the President. This new bit will be interesting to see where it takes her.
                          ITA.
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm looking forward to seeing how she takes control of the government back. Unless that pic of her being sworn in for something is actually her being sworn in as Vice President... IMO she looks too happy for that tho Hmm..I wonder if Zarek will step down? I think he knows that people will not look to him for guidance. He was out of the picture pretty much the whole occupation so they don't know him as well. Whereas Laura taught their children.

I say that as well I'm looking forward to next episode! Ah hell, I'm looking forward to every episode

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

ITA.
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm looking forward to seeing how she takes control of the government back. Unless that pic of her being sworn in for something is actually her being sworn in as Vice President... IMO she looks too happy for that tho Hmm..I wonder if Zarek will step down? I think he knows that people will not look to him for guidance. He was out of the picture pretty much the whole occupation so they don't know him as well. Whereas Laura taught their children.

I say that as well I'm looking forward to next episode! Ah hell, I'm looking forward to every episode
                            Ooh, you know I never actually thought of that. THAT would be interesting!
                            Spoiler:
                            But I think she's being sworn in as Mde Pres again. You're right about Zarek being gone for almost the entire occupation. What did he say, it was about 4 mos that he was in the clink? So yeah, pretty much the whole time the toasters were there. I think he really knows that Laura is the hope of humanity after all.

Comment

Ooh, you know I never actually thought of that. THAT would be interesting!
                              Spoiler:
                              But I think she's being sworn in as Mde Pres again. You're right about Zarek being gone for almost the entire occupation. What did he say, it was about 4 mos that he was in the clink? So yeah, pretty much the whole time the toasters were there. I think he really knows that Laura is the hope of humanity after all.
                              Spoiler:
                              And even though he did distance himself from Baltar, he was the original backer of his run for the presidency, which the people probably still have in mind. The people probably want the government swept clean of all that reminds them of New Caprica, and the way to do that is to go back to having Laura as prez.

Comment

Cool. Well I hope you shamelessly self-promote when you're done rewriting!
                                You shouldn't have to wait too long, chapter 1 went to the beta's last night, and I've got the notes with me for chapter 2. Darn having to do that French homework first or I'd be writing right now

Comment

Working...
                                X