The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
    No kidding! I wish the segments were longer. And I'd kill for her hair. Mine is so baby fine I have to chop it all off to make it look like I have any. It used to be really long but it just laid there, flat and boring. Sigh.

Is anyone else a bit worried about
    Spoiler:
    the Laura/Zarek thing? If they make them get together, it better just be something in between the A/R, or a means to get to the A/R. I can't tell you how sad I'll be if yet another of my shops sinks. I swear, I think I shouldn't ship anyone because then it won't happen for sure. *mopes*
    *loL* mine too... I only have mine shoulder-lenght bc it doesn't look good any longer!

I'm not really worried about
    Spoiler:
    Laura and Zarek...but more about A/R... we didn't get ANYTHING...not even a phone-talk which they SURELY would've had! *grmpf*
    In fact that was one of the biggest reasons that I didn't continue watching BSG after the Miniseries and "Water" aired here in January...I was already totaly shipping them...but I thought... nah...I'm sure it ends like every other TV-Show I ever shipped...which was mostly BAD!!!
    But after I saw all those pics of them kissing in signatures here...and Jenova always telling me how GREAT the show is, I gave it an other chance... which I'm REALLY glad now! But still I got pretty unsettled tomorrow in this direction... I LOVED the episode but still I hoped for more!!!

Comment

Is anyone else a bit worried about
      Spoiler:
      the Laura/Zarek thing? If they make them get together, it better just be something in between the A/R, or a means to get to the A/R. I can't tell you how sad I'll be if yet another of my shops sinks. I swear, I think I shouldn't ship anyone because then it won't happen for sure. *mopes*
      As both an A/R shipper and an Z/R shipper I am frankly a little mystified that anyone is worried...

Spoiler:
      Everything about Zarke/Roslin if it does become a canon relationship screams transitory. The shippers themselves consider it "crack ship" and almost all of them are Adama/Roslin shippers to start with.

The way I look at it is, honestly, what does the big scary dominant inevitable ship have to worry from something like this. Personally I think it could bring interesting life to the Adama/Roslin relationship because there is nothing that to me would show how he feels about her more if he sees a threat.

But on the other hand... I'm a little disturbed that this is coming up in a character appreciation thread and not the Adama/Roslin ship thread. Everyone involved obviously loves Laura Roslin.

Comment

A few small caps of Laura in Exodus 2...sorry for the bad quality

Spoiler:

Laura back in her cushy chair again

And bc Colonial one is taking off again

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
          A few small caps of Laura in Exodus 2...sorry for the bad quality

Spoiler:

Laura back in her cushy chair again

she’s such a cute little dictator, though democracy didn’t turn out so well so you can't really blame her

Comment

Originally posted by door View Post
            she’s such a cute little dictator, though democracy didn’t turn out so well so you can't really blame her
            Hugs her favorite dictator. *squeezes Roslin*

Comment

*lol* well I wouldn't call her a dictator.. but yes... she's such a cutie especially in that president-chair with her new turquoise blouse

Comment

I thought in celebration of the cutest little dictator/president ever, I'd post some of my favorite "presidential shots"...

Spoiler:

Comment

in her new pretty shirt

Spoiler:

Comment

in her new pretty shirt

Spoiler:

Awww... LOVE it...thank you!!!!!...couldn't make caps of that scene

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
                      Awww... LOVE it...thank you!!!!!...couldn't make caps of that scene
                      Tis a pretty color for her. Although I think she could wear sackcloth and maybe even shave her head and still look elegant and lovely.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

If anyone is worried/cheery about A/R or A/Z or R/Z or whatever, you'll find it more supportive/exciting doing it in the shipper threads with likeminded posters

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
                          Ok so I finally saw the seond part on Skiffy and ZOMG can she possibly GET any cuter/nicer/funnier/gorgeouser? And yes I completely made that word up. It's mine damnit! MINE! Patent pending

I love how she says frak I say it all the time so it makes me feel better And I swear to God her hair is just gorgeous! How do you get hair like that?!?! *looks at own dead straight hair and sighs*

She's just so..... nice lol! Why can't the damn parts be longer!

Best line EVER! Your life is here with me.
                          Excuse me while I'm booking my flight to her, cause what Mary says I do. lol
                          Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                            I'm also booking my flight, billy. Guess I'll meet you at Mary.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

I'm also booking my flight, billy. Guess I'll meet you at Mary.
                              Yep, see you there and about a million other fangirls
                              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                                I KNOW! It almost made me tear up it was so sweet and lovely *kicks Shatner* Take a page out of Mary's book buddy.

See you all at Mary! *goes to book flight*

I love that..."at Mary" *giggles*

Lovebar made by natz099
                                My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X