The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
    *lol* only half I'm just trying to figure out which music to use for my commercial I finally edited today

Spoiler:
    Yeah, it'd be strange if that's be the very last scene...but well maybe the chief gives in earlier then the rest, cuz the rest is fond of Baltar???? Nooo idea... but I really loved the interaction between the two... they should have more...but maybe this is just MHO

well I had to get up early today...then I was working on my project the whole day, so I think I'll go to bed soon, and it's just 15 minutes after midnight new record of early-sleeping

At least tomorrow I go to my dad's and we watch "The Women King" AND "A Day in life"
    You're only half here?! Heh. I want to choose music for a commercial too!! I never get to do any stuff like that... only one time we had this big presentation, I think in my first year at university, and a friend made this video to show, and of course I had to insist on picking the songs. That was fun...

Spoiler:
    Who knows... maybe the rest of the union, or whatever the others are calling it, don't care to listen to the Chief after he's made some kind of agreement with the President... this seems like a promising episode. Woohoo. Except I don't like this whole them rebelling and all that... its no one's fault that they're all in this situation... and what are they talking about classes and all that for now? There are no real privileged classes in the Fleet... sheesh... And yes, I do think that scene with them was quite good. It's always good when we get to see Mary interact with some of the other actors.

I'd say you should skip The Woman King and go right to A Day in the Life Tomorrow I'll just watch the Oscars... heh... something to do since I have to wait an extra day for BSG... and I at least have some real hopes that Helen Mirren will win

Daylight savings time ends today... bleh... this still gets me all confused... who the frakking hell ever came up with this stuff...? *headdesK*
    Last edited by _angi_; 24 February 2007, 05:18 PM.
    Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
      You're only half here?! Heh. I want to choose music for a commercial too!! I never get to do any stuff like that... only one time we had this big presentation, I think in my first year at university, and a friend made this video to show, and of course I had to insist on picking the songs. That was fun...

Spoiler:
      Who knows... maybe the rest of the union, or whatever the others are calling it, don't care to listen to the Chief after he's made some kind of agreement with the President... this seems like a promising episode. Woohoo. Except I don't like this whole them rebelling and all that... its no one's fault that they're all in this situation... and what are they talking about classes and all that for now? There are no real privileged classes in the Fleet... sheesh... And yes, I do think that scene with them was quite good. It's always good when we get to see Mary interact with some of the other actors.

I'd say you should skip The Woman King and go right to A Day in the Life Tomorrow I'll just watch the Oscars... heh... something to do since I have to wait an extra day for BSG... and I at least have some real hopes that Helen Mirren will win

Daylight savings time ends today... bleh... this still gets me all confused... who the frakking hell ever came up with this stuff...? *headdesK*
      Erm, I would have to second the recommendation to skip The Woman King. That's the only, ONLY, episode I can honestly say I hate. There are others I didn't care for all that much, but even Black Market doesn't have a "hate" rating for me. But you'll LOOOOOOVE A Day in the Life!

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
        Erm, I would have to second the recommendation to skip The Woman King. That's the only, ONLY, episode I can honestly say I hate. There are others I didn't care for all that much, but even Black Market doesn't have a "hate" rating for me. But you'll LOOOOOOVE A Day in the Life!
        Oh my goodness! Sidhe, seriously, where have you been?! *hugs* It's nice to see you, and its good to have some company in here... well, I'm not completely here right now either, my mind is way, way down in the gutter... I just read some seriously great Roslin/Zarek fics and, well... *fans self* You know I'm totally rooting for Bill and Laura, I love those two, but I can never quite disengage myself from this idea of Laura with Tom. That comment of his on New Caprica after she pulls him down when the cylons start shooting is still... well, hm, that was nice. I pretty much didn't sleep last night, and spent a while thinking I was going to go to bed early today, but now I'm past the tired stage and really can't sleep at all - surprise, surprise!... I think I'm on my fifth glass of wine... there are three empty packs of cigarettes on my desk, not - really - that I smoked them all today... I think I need to get a job. Heh.

About The Woman King... I don't really know if it was because of all the Helo, but that episode could really have been totally eliminated, if you ask me... quite useless (but I did love the two Laura scenes)... though I don't really remember any of the other episodes that I didn't like so much... I'd have to think about that one...
        Last edited by _angi_; 24 February 2007, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Oh my goodness! Sidhe, seriously, where have you been?! *hugs* It's nice to see you, and its good to have some company in here... well, I'm not completely here right now either, my mind is way, way down in the gutter... I just read some seriously great Roslin/Zarek fics and, well... *fans self* You know I'm totally rooting for Bill and Laura, I love those two, but I can never quite disengage myself from this idea of Laura with Tom. That comment of his on New Caprica after she pulls him down when the cylons start shooting is still... well, hm, that was nice. I pretty much didn't sleep last night, and spent a while thinking I was going to go to bed early today, but now I'm past the tired stage and really can't sleep at all - surprise, surprise!... I think I'm on my fifth glass of wine... there are three empty packs of cigarettes on my desk, not - really - that I smoked them all today... I think I need to get a job. Heh.

About The Woman King... I don't really know if it was because of all the Helo, but that episode could really have been totally eliminated, if you ask me... quite useless (but I did love the two Laura scenes)... though I don't really remember any of the other episodes that I didn't like so much... I'd have to think about that one...
          *huggles* Missed ya, dear! Heh, I love Tom Zarek AND Richard Hatch. And they do have good chemistry. But with all the blatant A/R flirting (OMG, finally!!) I don't think that crack!ship will ever actually set sail. Besides, we all know Bill and Laura are meant to be!

WORD on the Woman King epi. It could have been totally axed and the BSG plot line would not only remain pure, it would be improved.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Yikes, our Laura/Mary was almost on teh 2nd page *rock bottom of 1st.

we can't have that!!

Posting pretty pic!

Comment

The Lady on the second page....tsktsktsk...*giggles*

Start spreadin the news, my fellow German watchers (or those of you with access to the ARD)

Saturday, March 10th, 22:10, the ARD is showing "12 Angry Men"....yikes...it will be German...but MMcD and EJO in the film before the pretty...eeeeeeeeeeeh

Comment

Lady was on the second page tear.

So now we know that Laura does not like cats. Hee Hee

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post
                  Lady was on the second page tear.

So now we know that Laura does not like cats. Hee Hee
                  second page again

hehe I still think she was just tooooo confused... I mean you really really don't bring your cat into a meeting with the prez!!!

well since I'm more a dog-person I wouldn't mind too much though

but we know MARY likes cats soooo

Comment

Boo to the second page.

I just watched For All Time and Evidence of Blood this weekend, LOVED them both soooooo much
                    thanks to Dorka for the stunning sig!

Comment

Originally posted by IHeartAR View Post
                      Boo to the second page.

I just watched For All Time and Evidence of Blood this weekend, LOVED them both soooooo much

*yay* you did???? "For all time" is suuuch a sweet story and well Evidence of Blood is really good!! I wished they had a bigger budget though, but it's a great film...and of course she's 'Dora' in it

sooo some screencaps from todays epi:

Spoiler:

EDIT: forgot these!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dorka; 12 March 2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

*yay* you did???? "For all time" is suuuch a sweet story and well Evidence of Blood is really good!! I wished they had a bigger budget though, but it's a great film...and of course she's 'Dora' in it
                        LOL, Dora was a great character. I didn't want the movies to end where they ended, especially EoB - I wanted to see Kinley telling Dora everything he had found out. I loved the Dora/Kinley relationship and Laura/Charles as well. Both are definitely two of my fave Mary movies.

Thanks for the caps, they are great!
                        thanks to Dorka for the stunning sig!

Comment

Originally posted by IHeartAR View Post
                          LOL, Dora was a great character. I didn't want the movies to end where they ended, especially EoB - I wanted to see Kinley telling Dora everything he had found out. I loved the Dora/Kinley relationship and Laura/Charles as well. Both are definitely two of my fave Mary movies.

Thanks for the caps, they are great!
                          ohhh meeee toooo!!... and I sooo LOVE Mark Harmon and David Strathairn, plus they have great chemistry with Mary!

yep... mine too...although I'm pretty undecided cuz I heart like 10 of her movies sooo much and each for an other reason

very welcome

hehe... question...to keep the thread flowing...
                          with which male Actors would any of you like to see Mary in a film??

Me:
                          1. HUGH LAURIE!!!! (hey...I already have a Hugh/Mary Wallpaper on my desktop This alone keeps me wanting to become a famous director and shoot a film with them )
                          2. Jeremy Irons
                          3. Dustin Hoffman (but only emotionally involved...like Brother/sister or best friends or so )

Comment

ohhh meeee toooo!!... and I sooo LOVE Mark Harmon and David Strathairn, plus they have great chemistry with Mary!

yep... mine too...although I'm pretty undecided cuz I heart like 10 of her movies sooo much and each for an other reason

very welcome

hehe... question...to keep the thread flowing...
                            with which male Actors would any of you like to see Mary in a film??

Me:
                            1. HUGH LAURIE!!!! (hey...I already have a Hugh/Mary Wallpaper on my desktop This alone keeps me wanting to become a famous director and shoot a film with them )
                            2. Jeremy Irons
                            3. Dustin Hoffman (but only emotionally involved...like Brother/sister or best friends or so )
                            OMG Dora! *lol* Now you made me think of the script... heheh... Heeey! Why can't she be romantically involved with Dustin Hoffman?! He doesn't look that old! I think I'd like to see her with Jeremy Irons

We need to catch up on msn... now I'm panicking about my old boss' comments about my possible future boss... Why, oh why do I always find these crazy people!? It's kind of funny though, what she said... though partly scary too.

Comment

OMG Dora! *lol* Now you made me think of the script... heheh... Heeey! Why can't she be romantically involved with Dustin Hoffman?! He doesn't look that old! I think I'd like to see her with Jeremy Irons

We need to catch up on msn... now I'm panicking about my old boss' comments about my possible future boss... Why, oh why do I always find these crazy people!? It's kind of funny though, what she said... though partly scary too.
                              Hehe yeah our crazy script

well I don't know... I think they wouldn't have chemistry in this direction then I'd rather go with Michael Douglas with romantic chemistry... and I didn't mean Dustin Hoffman to be old!!! just a feeling about chemistry

well I hope you'll be online later

Comment

Oh dude... I'm so happy.... I can finally see some Mary scenes from You Can Thank Me Later here... which, of course, just makes me want to see the whole movie even more, but still...

Comment

Working...
                                X