No announcement yet.

The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a complete list of MM's works?? I like your idea of getting one a month Nova!

Funny thing - my boss said to me yesterday "You should see Donnie Darko. It's one of my favourite movies" Well, I guess I should do what I'm told then

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
      Does anyone have a complete list of MM's works?? I like your idea of getting one a month Nova!

Funny thing - my boss said to me yesterday "You should see Donnie Darko. It's one of my favourite movies" Well, I guess I should do what I'm told then
      look here

Hehe, Donnie Darko is indeed an interesting movie. And because of it scary bunnies freak me out a bit lol. you should watch it it has nice twists of story!
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean
        look here

Hehe, Donnie Darko is indeed an interesting movie. And because of it scary bunnies freak me out a bit lol. you should watch it it has nice twists of story!
        Sweet as! Thanks

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Sweet as! Thanks

Yes, thanks for the list!!! Another one I really enjoyed was "Nola" as hokey as it was....I just loved the classy madame role that Mary had. She was very sweet and wonderful in it. And she wore pretty clothes.

This lovely photo is courtesy of billy_red_ocean. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

"There's no Earth" - Laura Roslin

Comment

Originally posted by Nova65
            Yes, thanks for the list!!! Another one I really enjoyed was "Nola" as hokey as it was....I just loved the classy madame role that Mary had. She was very sweet and wonderful in it. And she wore pretty clothes.
            You saw Nola?! I've been trying to track down all her movies and that one refuses to be found. That one, Woman Undone (which I really want to see), and several of her other "smaller" movies that weren't necessarily made for the theater. I can actually only find aa couple, such as Mumford, DWW, Independence Day and Grand Canyon. Argh.

And up above somewhere, nova65 said ER season 5 just barely came out on DVD last month. That's so weird it's taking so long! They are currently filming season 13! *has never been a patient person* I want it my way and I want it yesterday!

Yeah, the Donnie Darko bunny is freaky. But that was an interesting flick. It was so sweet when
            Spoiler:
            Donnie asked her how it felt to have a crazy guy for a son and she said "it feels wonderful" and totally meant it and was a proud mom despite her son's issues.
            *hugs her for being awesome parent*

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe
              Yeah, the Donnie Darko bunny is freaky. But that was an interesting flick. It was so sweet when
              Spoiler:
              Donnie asked her how it felt to have a crazy guy for a son and she said "it feels wonderful" and totally meant it and was a proud mom despite her son's issues.
              *hugs her for being awesome parent*
              I really like Donnie Darko, my favorite quote, though, is:

Spoiler:
              "Your son called me a *****"
              "Your not a *****, you're *****ing but you're not a *****"

cos I really like that comfortlevel between the two...

Comment

Spoiler:

Damn I have to hire that movie tonight *le sigh*

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Spoiler:

'Kay I need to rewatch because I totally don't remember that part. I've only seen it a couple times and it's been a couple years.

I did just rewatch Independence Day, though. Haven't seen that in a loooong time and I love Jeff Goldblum, too. And, well, Mary's in it! *sniff!* So sad.

Comment

Damn I have to hire that movie tonight *le sigh*
                    you know what? that's the first time gw censored my post. totally forgot about that I'm not used to such things in German

Comment

you know what? that's the first time gw censored my post. totally forgot about that I'm not used to such things in German
                      *kicks censorship* Censorship is for pansies.

Comment

i just watched donnie darko again today!!- yay!

Comment

Originally posted by *E*K*R*
                          i just watched donnie darko again today!!- yay!
                          Yay! I think I'm gonna have to watch it again tonight. There are only so many times I can watch the BSG eps and bonus features, after all. who'da thunk I'd ever say that?!

Comment

Yay! I think I'm gonna have to watch it again tonight. There are only so many times I can watch the BSG eps and bonus features, after all. who'da thunk I'd ever say that?!
                            lol, exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by *E*K*R*
                              lol, exactly!
                              This is totally OT, but I saw a preview for a new series on FOX (can't for the life of me remember what it's called) and Gina Torres is one of the stars. She was Zoe on Firefly. Damn FOX for cancelling that show!!

Back OT, going back to the ER eps that Mary was in, I tracked them down and she was in season 8 episodes 1, 11, 12, 13 and 14. When season 8 will be on DVD is anyone's guess...

And I did see a couple of those she was in and totally didn't recognize her. I think they made her look kinda scary since she was a drug addict now. A very richdrug addict, but whatever. *shrugs* I don't actually remember...

Comment

This is totally OT, but I saw a preview for a new series on FOX (can't for the life of me remember what it's called) and Gina Torres is one of the stars. She was Zoe on Firefly. Damn FOX for cancelling that show!!

Back OT, going back to the ER eps that Mary was in, I tracked them down and she was in season 8 episodes 1, 11, 12, 13 and 14. When season 8 will be on DVD is anyone's guess...

And I did see a couple of those she was in and totally didn't recognize her. I think they made her look kinda scary since she was a drug addict now. A very richdrug addict, but whatever. *shrugs* I don't actually remember...
                                Yes, Firefly was excellent....funny.

I saw the ER eps so long ago, and I wasn't a Mary fanatic, but I remember thinking she was an incredible actress.

I remember when her sit-com "High Society" was on and thought it was sooooo funny and she was so good in it. But it was a show that was way ahead of its time and not well received. <insert sad face here>

This lovely photo is courtesy of billy_red_ocean. Thank you for all your beautiful work!

"There's no Earth" - Laura Roslin

Comment

Working...
                                X