The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
    Oh, yes you're right, it is a touching story. I always wondered about that bracelet, too (and thought that it was more a "Mary-item" than a Laura one to begin with)...

Thanks for the heads up ^-^ Hope you had lots of fun yesterday
    I saw it on many Mary-pics already so I was quite sure it was a Mary-item just like the glasses, but I didn't think it would be such a touching story (really had tears in my eyes...though lately I'm so easy to get to cry )...though I wondered if it might was a gift from her husband or something.
    How many siblings does she have btw???

Yeah it was quite fun...though you had to pay your drinks yourself... you'd guess working at the biggest TV-station of the country would at least have free wine/juice on a christmas-party but nooooo *headdesk* but beside that there were some cool bands

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
      I saw it on many Mary-pics already so I was quite sure it was a Mary-item just like the glasses, but I didn't think it would be such a touching story (really had tears in my eyes...though lately I'm so easy to get to cry )...though I wondered if it might was a gift from her husband or something.
      How many siblings does she have btw???

Yeah it was quite fun...though you had to pay your drinks yourself... you'd guess working at the biggest TV-station of the country would at least have free wine/juice on a christmas-party but nooooo *headdesk* but beside that there were some cool bands
      yeah...hab ich auch gemerkt...und jetzt merk ich grad das ich Deutsch schreibe *headdesk* several times I thought "wait isn't that the bracelet she's wearing in BSG, too?" I even admit that I spent whole episodes only looking for it...yes, I'm shallow...
      Mmh, I don't know Kate Mulgrew has I think 8...ok, that's not really helpinhg you...

Um, yes, someone would imagine that but at least you had fun
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

yeah...hab ich auch gemerkt...und jetzt merk ich grad das ich Deutsch schreibe *headdesk* several times I thought "wait isn't that the bracelet she's wearing in BSG, too?" I even admit that I spent whole episodes only looking for it...yes, I'm shallow...
        Mmh, I don't know Kate Mulgrew has I think 8...ok, that's not really helpinhg you...

Um, yes, someone would imagine that but at least you had fun
        *lol* blame MSN for german

okay you fangirl you

Nah not really helping but well maybe someone knews

Yep fun is the most important but well yesterday was an über-strange day anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
          *lol* blame MSN for german

okay you fangirl you

Nah not really helping but well maybe someone knews

Yep fun is the most important but well yesterday was an über-strange day anyway!
          hehe, OK...wait I thought we blame everything on RTL2???

*is proud* XD

what? Kate got my first fangirl-moment ever...I've to mentipon her here from time to time

über-strange??? how come? *wonders if the word is über or uber*

Comment

hehe, OK...wait I thought we blame everything on RTL2???

*is proud* XD

what? Kate got my first fangirl-moment ever...I've to mentipon her here from time to time

über-strange??? how come? *wonders if the word is über or uber*
            Oh yes of course.. RTL2...though I go watch that crappy channel in 4 minutes cuz they show "hears of Atlantis"

Well... at work before the party we had a broadcast...first the lights weren't functioning at all...then one light failed so poor camer-guys had to climb up 5 minutes before broadcasting to change it...and then during broadcast our audio-engeneer swooned...so well our audio was pretty strange and the poor anchor-women wasn't allowed to speak during the articles, and we had to stay totaly quiet as well cuz the channel was open... well really strange...plus it was already raining the whole day with a too warm temperature for this time in Switzerland

Comment

Someone in here a while back (was it you, angi?) asked if I had ever gotten around to watchin O Pioneers? Well, I did tonight and wow! I'm glad I sat through the first few minutes again. At first I thought it was going to be painful and embarrassing, but, just...wow. What a sad but not sad at the same time story. And Mary was amazing. I wish they'd let her emote like that in BSG at least once. A few fairly well-controlled tears don't really count.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
                Someone in here a while back (was it you, angi?) asked if I had ever gotten around to watchin O Pioneers? Well, I did tonight and wow! I'm glad I sat through the first few minutes again. At first I thought it was going to be painful and embarrassing, but, just...wow. What a sad but not sad at the same time story. And Mary was amazing. I wish they'd let her emote like that in BSG at least once. A few fairly well-controlled tears don't really count.
                Yes, I too just got around to watching that a couple weeks ago!!
                Seeing her in that movie gave me a new appreciation for her...I was left SPEECHLESS!!! She was so AWSOME in that movie!!!! It really made me want to go out and get every single movie she's ever made *which I still haven't done yet...LMAO* But it is a goal...well at least to see as many as I can!!!
                She is a VERY gifted actress!!

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1 View Post
                  Yes, I too just got around to watching that a couple weeks ago!!
                  Seeing her in that movie gave me a new appreciation for her...I was left SPEECHLESS!!! She was so AWSOME in that movie!!!! It really made me want to go out and get every single movie she's ever made *which I still haven't done yet...LMAO* But it is a goal...well at least to see as many as I can!!!
                  She is a VERY gifted actress!!
                  *chuckles* I started to get all her movies before that one. That's why I watched it I love theatre so much though I prefer to watch it live performed on stage (and what would I give to see Mary live on stage *thud*). First I was so like oh noe can't watch that and then I fell in love with it. Pure and simply in love.

Comment

*chuckles* I started to get all her movies before that one. That's why I watched it I love theatre so much though I prefer to watch it live performed on stage (and what would I give to see Mary live on stage *thud*). First I was so like oh noe can't watch that and then I fell in love with it. Pure and simply in love.
                    You go girl, you are a true fangirl!! *huggles*

I love theater too!!! I've already seen two of my fav actressess on stage *Julie Andrews and Kate Mulgrew*
                    What I wouldn't GIVE to see Mary on stage too!!! *sighs*

Comment

I love theater too!!! I've already seen two of my fav actressess on stage *Julie Andrews and Kate Mulgrew*
                      Of course, I'm a true fangirl, did you ever doubt that???

*thud* You saw KATE MULGREW live on stage and you're telling me it just like that???? *dies*

Comment

Wait, what?!?! You saw Kate Mulgrew on stage? When? What was the play? Wow, I'd LOVE to see her on stage!! And my friend in NY is under orders to keep an eye out for any plays Mary might be in. I know she does plays when she's not filming BSG, if her husband isn't working at the same time. I am hoping she's actually working to turn that book into a 1-woman act like she said, and not just thinking about it. The article I read said she was actively working on it but she's probably so busy with BSG, who knows? I hope we get to see that. How frakking AWESOME would that be to see MARY on stage?? I'd die. I'd just die.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

OMG Sidhe!!! Finally!!! I'm so, so glad you liked it!!! I actually watched it again a few nights ago. I love it so much. I love the whole thing. Even the weird stuff. I love weird stuff. And I always lmao with it. It's hilarious. Though sad as well, of course. But the funny parts are just too funny. I think now Alexandra is one of my favorite characters ever. I really need to read the book. Though I can never watch a filme first and then read the book... it has to be the other way around. And I don't know why, but from the first time I saw it that "the right thing is usually just what everybody won't do" quote stuck to me... I love that so much.

K8t, you saw Julie Andrews live?!?!?!! *whimpers* I love her!!!! You know... it's just not fair... I would do anything to see Mary on stage as well... I'm not even in the same country. *grrrr*
                          Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
                            OMG Sidhe!!! Finally!!! I'm so, so glad you liked it!!! I actually watched it again a few nights ago. I love it so much. I love the whole thing. Even the weird stuff. I love weird stuff. And I always lmao with it. It's hilarious. Though sad as well, of course. But the funny parts are just too funny. I think now Alexandra is one of my favorite characters ever. I really need to read the book. Though I can never watch a filme first and then read the book... it has to be the other way around. And I don't know why, but from the first time I saw it that "the right thing is usually just what everybody won't do" quote stuck to me... I love that so much.

K8t, you saw Julie Andrews live?!?!?!! *whimpers* I love her!!!! You know... it's just not fair... I would do anything to see Mary on stage as well... I'm not even in the same country. *grrrr*
                            ...add the not even on the same continent...

Comment

...add the not even on the same continent...
                              Oh yeah... that too... *cries hysterically*
                              Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
                                Oh yeah... that too... *cries hysterically*
                                *cries too* but your continent is nearer than mine...

Comment

Working...
                                X