The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
    Is this a fact or you're just guessing? Cause that was so my first impression of her *cough*
    Oh, I'm totally just guessing. That wasn't very nice of me since KV seems like a really sweet person. Sorry, Kate! I feel shame. But my mom (OR nurse) used to work at a place that did almost exclusively plastic surgery and that's what she thought, as well.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
      Oh, I'm totally just guessing. That wasn't very nice of me since KV seems like a really sweet person. Sorry, Kate! I feel shame. But my mom (OR nurse) used to work at a place that did almost exclusively plastic surgery and that's what she thought, as well.
      It wasn't meant to be me, just my humble observation, too. Indeed she seems like very nice person (from what I gathered in her interviews...) and ellen really grow on me. Her scene with Saul in UB was so sad...
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

It wasn't meant to be me, just my humble observation, too. Indeed she seems like very nice person (from what I gathered in her interviews...) and ellen really grow on me. Her scene with Saul in UB was so sad...
        I never really liked Ellen, but I thought her character totally added sth to the show. She provided some awesome comic relief in TMUTMD, and gave Tigh some really good drama to play. And Laura sooo wanted to smack her. That would have been cool, but probably too OOC for them to really do that. Still. Funny anyway.

Comment

I never really liked Ellen, but I thought her character totally added sth to the show. She provided some awesome comic relief in TMUTMD, and gave Tigh some really good drama to play. And Laura sooo wanted to smack her. That would have been cool, but probably too OOC for them to really do that. Still. Funny anyway.
          Can you believe that, GW dies the moment I wanted to post it on me. Luckily I copied the text before. It was bit much to remember everything later...

That's so my favorite episode regarding how you call it "how the people bounce off each other"?. The little convos in Baltar's lab were hilarious. I just love the dynamic there. And yeah, a little catfight between Laura and Ellen, I'd pay money for that.
          I liked Ellen in the end for that one last decision she made to take away that glass from Saul. IMO she knew hat it was and made the decision for him, it was so heartbreaking. As they said in TMUTMD she woke the worst in him but she was the best he ever had, they truely loved each other and needed each other for that matter just in a very complicated frakked up way.

Back to Laura: I'm still laughing over the fact she hold out that bottle and just waited for Ellen to come back. Hilarious! And then there was one comment over the dinner, I can't remember at this moment how it went but it was totally like "only over my dead body"-smile. And ib the lab would have been the best place to slap Ellen. lol "Don't fight over little ol' me" - "Be quite Ellen". Me: "make her!" XD

Comment

Can you believe that, GW dies the moment I wanted to post it on me. Luckily I copied the text before. It was bit much to remember everything later...

That's so my favorite episode regarding how you call it "how the people bounce off each other"?. The little convos in Baltar's lab were hilarious. I just love the dynamic there. And yeah, a little catfight between Laura and Ellen, I'd pay money for that.
            I liked Ellen in the end for that one last decision she made to take away that glass from Saul. IMO she knew hat it was and made the decision for him, it was so heartbreaking. As they said in TMUTMD she woke the worst in him but she was the best he ever had, they truely loved each other and needed each other for that matter just in a very complicated frakked up way.

Back to Laura: I'm still laughing over the fact she hold out that bottle and just waited for Ellen to come back. Hilarious! And then there was one comment over the dinner, I can't remember at this moment how it went but it was totally like "only over my dead body"-smile. And ib the lab would have been the best place to slap Ellen. lol "Don't fight over little ol' me" - "Be quite Ellen". Me: "make her!" XD
            I agree that Ellen seemed to know what was in the cup when she took it from Saul. Poor man.

But yep. As we've seen on New Caprica, Laura has quite the b!tch slap on her. Would have been awesome if she'd tried it out on Ellen that time. So funny!

Comment

I agree that Ellen seemed to know what was in the cup when she took it from Saul. Poor man.

But yep. As we've seen on New Caprica, Laura has quite the b!tch slap on her. Would have been awesome if she'd tried it out on Ellen that time. So funny!
              lol, yes, totally forget that she slapped another Tigh *rofl* He tdidn't see that one cominh, huh? Sorry, stupid joke XD

Comment

lol, yes, totally forget that she slapped another Tigh *rofl* He tdidn't see that one cominh, huh? Sorry, stupid joke XD
                LOL! no, he didn't did he?

Hey, I got your card yesterday! *tacklehugs* That was very cool. How did you make the little star thingies inside? I meant to ask you on my LJ but can't remember if I did or not.

Comment

LOL! no, he didn't did he?

Hey, I got your card yesterday! *tacklehugs* That was very cool. How did you make the little star thingies inside? I meant to ask you on my LJ but can't remember if I did or not.
                  *chuckles* No, not really XD

You did, hun, you did an I answered it in your LJ (left a link to a site where they show how to make them - only in german but there are pics )

Comment

*chuckles* No, not really XD

You did, hun, you did an I answered it in your LJ (left a link to a site where they show how to make them - only in german but there are pics )
                    Cool! Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home. I can probably figure out the German well enough, so that's cool. Spanks!

Comment

It's not a new interview here (cause I recognized the A/R in it )

But the last answer is just too good:
                      Have you watched the episodes again on DVD?

No. I watch them professionally to see what can be improved upon or things I would like to ask the producers about. I don't spend a lot of time watching the show. For me, if I get too absorbed as a viewer, I lose some of my innocence as a player. I don't want Laura to be invaded by Mary's ego. My ego is much more active than President Laura Roslin. She is a much purer, devoted, clear-minded and ruthless person who has her eye on a goal and could care a fig about her self. I care about myself much more than her. I don't want that invading her space. It is better for me not to watch too much because I will say, "I definitely need new clothes and what about this haircut?" If she did start going to the beauty parlor then it would be like, "I thought you were trying to help this race survive?" She is a lot more mature than I am.

Mary?! I frakking puffy heart you for every little thing you do!!!

Comment

Quick stop by before I fall into my bed...

Part 8 of her skiffy interview is up!!!!!

Link

I was really touched about her last answer... *sniffles*
                        Last edited by Dorka; 08 December 2006, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post

Link

No way!!! Part EIGHT?!?!??!?! Yay! Dude, that is just too great!

OMG I loved it. For one thing - though I've said it before - I just cannot get over how absolutely fabulous she looks!!! I love her laugh. Love the comment about the needing glasses. And, I swear, really, I always wonder what kind of music she likes... music is a huge, huuge deal for me, so I always want to know if in some way these people that I like, sometimes admire, might have something of a similar taste to mine. But oh Mary, you were supposed to say what music you've been listening to; it wasn't so much a question about iPods... *snif* And yes, indeed, that last answer was lovely, I love that she would share something like that.

Thanks for the heads up Dorka.
                          Last edited by _angi_; 08 December 2006, 04:48 PM.
                          Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Link

Yes it was. *Tear* that justs make me love her all the more.

Comment

Link

I wonder what happened to her sister? So sad! Isn't Mary the youngest? Oh! And you guys--someone on Mary's Bookshelf posted that Behind the Mask will be released on DVD in January and that you can preorder on amazon.com!

Comment

Link

Oh, yes you're right, it is a touching story. I always wondered about that bracelet, too (and thought that it was more a "Mary-item" than a Laura one to begin with)...

Thanks for the heads up ^-^ Hope you had lots of fun yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X