The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
    Dear gods, she was SO flirting with Bill in the new epi!! I loved this so much. My favorite one ever (so far anyway). Even better than RS2! *swoons*
    I agree completely not to mention the fact that she looked so pretty.
    *Gah I love Mary so much*

Comment

Originally posted by capricacitygal View Post
      I agree completely not to mention the fact that she looked so pretty.
      *Gah I love Mary so much*
      I totally, totally want a dress like hers. I wonder if there is a pattern I can copy somewhere...

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

I totally, totally want a dress like hers. I wonder if there is a pattern I can copy somewhere...
        Oh I know....she looked SO fab!!!! Though w/ me being so short I SO couldn't make it look good...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1 View Post
          Oh I know....she looked SO fab!!!! Though w/ me being so short I SO couldn't make it look good...LOL
          Heh. Why, how tall are you? Dude, I haven't even seen the episode and I already want a dress just like hers. And that's saying something, because I don't usually wear dresses... or skirts... well, sometimes skirts, to work.
          Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
            Heh. Why, how tall are you? Dude, I haven't even seen the episode and I already want a dress just like hers. And that's saying something, because I don't usually wear dresses... or skirts... well, sometimes skirts, to work.
            I hardly ever wear skirts, either, but lately I've been wearing them more. They're comfyi f they're long enough to sprawl.

k8t, I'm sure you'd look just lovely in it! It would just need to not have much extra fabric so it wasn't too bulky. You know?

Comment

I hardly ever wear skirts, either, but lately I've been wearing them more. They're comfyi f they're long enough to sprawl.

k8t, I'm sure you'd look just lovely in it! It would just need to not have much extra fabric so it wasn't too bulky. You know?
              Yeah, I only started wearing skirts more recently. But again, only to work, cause, you know, I wear them with suits. And not exactly comfy... Most of the ones I have are more Laura style. Nothing more informal that I could "sprawl" in.

Man... I'm getting quite good at this not letting the cork fall into the wine bottle! And gods, this wine is goooood. Although cup noodles and red wine at 4 in the morning isn't very.... nice, is it... pathetic...

Oh jeez... I'm all excited here over the new episode and all and I've started to listen to some really bad music... Have any of you heard or heard of reggaeton? You can't get more vulgar than that... Actually, scratch that... I am definitely in the wrong country to be saying that... you wouldn't believe some of the stuff they have here... Anyway, that's a sign that I need to get myself to bed... Four glasses of wine is enough for now, wouldn't you say? See you all tomorrow... I will not be able to shut up about the new episode, so... be prepared.
              Last edited by _angi_; 01 December 2006, 10:52 PM.
              Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Dear gods, she was SO flirting with Bill in the new epi!! I loved this so much. My favorite one ever (so far anyway). Even better than RS2! *swoons*
                loooooooooooooooooooooooool, she so was!!! among other things. That was beyond awesome!!!
                Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

*huggles*

AWwww thanks dear, you're right!! Next time I'm out Christmas shopping *am going to try to get out Monday...hehe* I may just HAPPEN to hopefully find one for myself..*crosses fingers*

Comment

If u can find me a big picture of her wearing the outfit I think imay know where to get the pattern for teh dress.

Comment

Oh I fell in love with that dress as well... sooo fitted with the celtic music and all..., Heck if I'd go to the "Middlearth-festival" next year I totaly would've asked my stepmom to sew me the same outfit, would've fitted perfectly!

to Mary's credit this episode was the very first time a head a real déj?*-vu from some other films she was in in some of her looks/moves/way of speaking... maybe that was more Mary-like

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
                        Oh I fell in love with that dress as well... sooo fitted with the celtic music and all..., Heck if I'd go to the "Middlearth-festival" next year I totaly would've asked my stepmom to sew me the same outfit, would've fitted perfectly!

to Mary's credit this episode was the very first time a head a real déj?*-vu from some other films she was in in some of her looks/moves/way of speaking... maybe that was more Mary-like
                        Yes, it did really fit the celtic music, didnt it? Actually, the party/dance scenes where they're all kind of square dancing totally reminded me of Firefly. I wonder if that was intentional?

And I think you're right about her manner of speech. It seems to be more Mary than some of the other Laura scenes, or something. Just different and more relaxed. D'awwwwwww, I just love this epi soooo much!!

And there's a Middle Earth Festival? FUN! I'd go if I had a chance! I love that kind of thing.

Comment

Yes, it did really fit the celtic music, didnt it? Actually, the party/dance scenes where they're all kind of square dancing totally reminded me of Firefly. I wonder if that was intentional?

And I think you're right about her manner of speech. It seems to be more Mary than some of the other Laura scenes, or something. Just different and more relaxed. D'awwwwwww, I just love this epi soooo much!!

And there's a Middle Earth Festival? FUN! I'd go if I had a chance! I love that kind of thing.
                          Oh I SOOOO loved the music too!!!! It was great!! And yeah, I'm gonna have to get my hands on my friends Firefly tapes....hehe!!

And yep, about the way Laura/Mary spoke...it was SO relaxed!!! You'll are SO right *especically when she was around Bill...wait a minute that was the whole frakkin episode...WooT, oops wrong thread*
                          But really, in the one scene where she's laying w/ him under stars *takes moment to shippy sigh* And she says "can't says I blame 'em" I love the way she says it!!!!

Comment

Hi all. Can't recall if I've posted here before. If I have, it's probably been a while.

First, let me say I've loved Mary McDonnell for years and I've SOOO happy she is on BSG and playing this wonderful character.

I *loved* Unfinished Business. I mentioned this in the thread about the episode - I loved that Roslin was a fan of boxing and after initially telling Adama he is crazy and trying to get him to stop fighting, she tells him to keep his guard up and go for the left hook. You go girl!!!

As others have said - she looked positively *radiant* in that dress on New Caprica. Points to Adama for noticing that the color looked good on her.

I noticed some posts saying that Roslin sounded more like Mary than Roslin at the groundbreaking party. Well, it could have just been a relaxed Roslin. Remember - we've always seen Roslin in some position of power and this is the first time she's not - and there's no cylon threat looming. Also, um, I noticed some drinking and smoking going on there by Adama and Roslin!!! That could have had something to do with it!!! The Roslin/Adama interaction is always so good - whether they're at odds with each other or trying to figure out some crisis or relaxing.

Lastly, I haven't seen all of Mary's work, but I've loved her in everything I've seen. Just a few I'll note:
                            --PassionFish - probably my favorite Mary McDonnell movie
                            --Sneakers - yeah, I liked this one
                            --Dances With Wolves
                            --For All Time - *love* this TV movie with Mark Harmon
                            --I vaguely remember the sitcom E/R (with Elliot Gould and a young George Clooney). I remember liking it. And I recall that Mary smiled a lot on the show. (She was always so amused by the antics of Elliot Gould's character.)
                            --High Society - really wish that lasted longer. It was never going to be as great as AbFab, but I still liked it.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka View Post

*grins* obviously we all agree on that we love Laura's dress (and it's red I have to love it, right? ). It's a bummer it's not presidential enough private use anyone? XD
                              I really don't know what to make out of the music and the dancing I mean I like celtic/Irish music but that was a bit...weird to watch...*shrugs*

You're right that was more Mary-ish (we all know how different Mary is to Laura. Right, a president can't walk around smoking and drinking and flirting...oh wait, a female president can't do this...) and less Laura and it felt soooooooooo good to watch. So relaxed and flirty. awwwwwwwwwwww.
                              When I look at the promos there's hope there are more scenes which got cut and maybe they release them sometime...

Welcome Meredith you saw High Society? oh great! I so want to see it ( I read quotes of it and loved it). They showed it once here and never again and I can't find it anywhere *pouts*
                              Last edited by Marianne_24; 02 December 2006, 11:52 PM.
                              Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Oh frak! I´m still getting UB.....It´s so slow!

Sorry if this is old news. I´ve been very focused in Prison Break these days.

Mary McDonnell and EJ Olmos made a private photo session last november and BSGMEDIA (one of the best BSG sites in the galaxy) has all those fabulous photos!. Just follow the link below:

http://bsgmedia.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=241

Comment

Working...
                                X