The Laura Roslin/Mary McDonnell Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorka View Post
    *lo*... ah... I hope I won't forget taping "That's Life" on Sunday Can't wait !!!

It was Bill Pullman who said "The doctor sais that you gonna be alright" ... but that scene makes me cry every time I'm watching it... and I HATE that cut they did, to Crazy-Jeff Goldblum just after the scene *headdesk* besides that I like Roland Emmerich, but that *doubleHeaddesk*
    *grins* great minds think alike. just thouight a few minutes ago when it is airing (and if I already missed it)

I know but it's her fault she just has **** luck with anything flying (that we know thanks to musical_statues ;'))
    Haha, apropos cut, totally off-topic but anyway. Watched "Verbotene Liebe" with my Grandma and there's this scene between Elizabeth and Johannes (german Sparky lol namely) who have an affair, totally emotional at least it should be but they cut away from it so fast you don't care. That's stupid. And I had to think of you and talking about bad cutting
    crazy Jeff Goldblum? mmh, I only remember crazy Data lol
    Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
      *grins* great minds think alike. just thouight a few minutes ago when it is airing (and if I already missed it)

I know but it's her fault she just has **** luck with anything flying (that we know thanks to musical_statues ;'))
      Haha, apropos cut, totally off-topic but anyway. Watched "Verbotene Liebe" with my Grandma and there's this scene between Elizabeth and Johannes (german Sparky lol namely) who have an affair, totally emotional at least it should be but they cut away from it so fast you don't care. That's stupid. And I had to think of you and talking about bad cutting
      crazy Jeff Goldblum? mmh, I only remember crazy Data lol
      SATURDAY not sunday...sorry... nah we didn't miss it yet They are even airing Mumford on the Swiss TV, but WHEN??? Wednesday afternoon 2 PM...I mean HELOOO??? who will watch it then?? I mean that film is surely as good to show it at 8PM but noooo, then they show like "Notting Hill" for the millionth time like today *HeeeaaadddeeesskkK*

Yeah, she has

*loL* Verbotene Liebe They are really called ELizsabeth and Johannes??? Coincidence coincidence!

Well he was drinking and smashing around half of the laboratory, that REALLY disturbed me!

Comment

SATURDAY not sunday...sorry... nah we didn't miss it yet They are even airing Mumford on the Swiss TV, but WHEN??? Wednesday afternoon 2 PM...I mean HELOOO??? who will watch it then?? I mean that film is surely as good to show it at 8PM but noooo, then they show like "Notting Hill" for the millionth time like today *HeeeaaadddeeesskkK*

Yeah, she has

*loL* Verbotene Liebe They are really called ELizsabeth and Johannes??? Coincidence coincidence!

Well he was drinking and smashing around half of the laboratory, that REALLY disturbed me!
        There has to be a red note somewhere here. If I could find it *looks around* naah, I better make a new one...never ask about airing decisions it'll only make your head hurt.

lol

Yep, they are that's what is amusing me so much (and well I totally rooted for that affair - what? it's only tv, not the best one anyway)

ok, that counts as crazy but how would you react if a dinosaur tried to eat you for breakfast...oops wrong movie XD

Comment

*lol* we should let beta-read someone Though your english is WAYS better then mine so

I just noticed I've already seen 28 out of 40 of Mary's Film/TV-Show appearances *yay* But I have a feeling that "Crazy like a Fox" could be one of her best works!!!

Made some caps from "Independence Day" the other day:
          Spoiler:

And this must be the sadest scene on TV EVER!
          Oh... *cries* That scene, from the last picture... really, the only time in the movie that I had tears in my eyes. Just so sad... And, excuse me but how can someone look so great while she's dying?!?!? *facepalm*

OMG!! *throws big, and I mean BIG, tantrum* This is so not fair!! I really, really, really want to watch Crazy Like a Fox now!!!!!

So... I need to start one of my long, boring, crazy ramblings... I'm sorry, but it's just... frak, frak, frak, frak, frak! I just got so totally and completely screwed on my last Modern Political Theory exam. It was pathetic! You know when you write and the whole time you just know that nothing is making sense, that its all wrong... At one point I actually started writing in English!!! *headdesk* Might as well have written about my hopes for a hot Laura and Bill sex scene, complete with all the dirty details... would have been less absurd than what I wrote!! I really hope the professor looses my paper, or her little son uses it as a canvas or something... anything... Then I went to try to soften her up by talking about Italy, because her husband is Italian and she loves it, and so do I... Her in-laws are coming in like two weeks... I'll offer to take her mother-in-law for some coffee, talk some Italian, smoke like two crazy women... maybe that'll get me a good grade (yeah right)...
          Last edited by _angi_; 27 November 2006, 08:24 PM.
          Thank you Dorka, for the gorgeous sig.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
            ok, that counts as crazy but how would you react if a dinosaur tried to eat you for breakfast...oops wrong movie XD
            LMAO well nearly the same

Originally posted by _angi_ View Post
            Oh... *cries* That scene, from the last picture... really, the only time in the movie that I had tears in my eyes. Just so sad... And, excuse me but how can someone look so great while she's dying?!?!? *facepalm*

OMG!! *throws big, and I mean BIG, tantrum* This is so not fair!! I really, really, really want to watch Crazy Like a Fox now!!!!!

So... I need to start one of my long, boring, crazy ramblings... I'm sorry, but it's just... frak, frak, frak, frak, frak! I just got so totally and completely screwed on my last Modern Political Theory exam. It was pathetic! You know when you write and the whole time you just know that nothing is making sense, that its all wrong... At one point I actually started writing in English!!! *headdesk* Might as well have written about my hopes for a hot Laura and Bill sex scene, complete with all the dirty details... would have been less absurd than what I wrote!! I really hope the professor looses my paper, or her little son uses it as a canvas or something... anything... Then I went to try to soften her up by talking about Italy, because her husband is Italian and she loves it, and so do I... Her in-laws are coming in like two weeks... I'll offer to take her mother-in-law for some coffee, talk some Italian, smoke like two crazy women... maybe that'll get me a good grade (yeah right)...

*joing Angi* me too.. really really really...I should work on that email during weekend ..oh man weekend is already too buisy...on saturday I go watch my sisters Taekwondo exam... which means I might won't have exactly the time to watch BSG before like 10 in the evening *heaadddessskkk*

Oh, so it didn't go too well... well I frakked up my theory-exam last week as well...and I can't even do anything cuz for me it's the computer who makes the marks... that's one more thing I HATE multiple choice *Grrrrrrr*

I hope you get some plus-points

Okay, I'm off to work again

Comment

*joing Angi* me too.. really really really...I should work on that email during weekend ..oh man weekend is already too buisy...on saturday I go watch my sisters Taekwondo exam... which means I might won't have exactly the time to watch BSG before like 10 in the evening *heaadddessskkk*

Oh, so it didn't go too well... well I frakked up my theory-exam last week as well...and I can't even do anything cuz for me it's the computer who makes the marks... that's one more thing I HATE multiple choice *Grrrrrrr*

I hope you get some plus-points

Okay, I'm off to work again
              It's only Tuesday and you're whole weekend is full already? Grrr... It's already bad enough that we have to wait an extra day to watch the new episode, right? And you'll have to wait even more?! I feel your pain... I do...

No, my exam was pathetic... Seriously, I am so embarassed... the professor'll probably be thinking who let this idiot in my class?! And I actually really like her, so I'd prefer her not to think that. I wish I could get extra points for taking her mother-in-law for coffee... but that's just absurd... Anyway, it probably won't happen. Arg, multiple choice... I hated that in school... although sometimes it can be easier... I haven't done any multiple choice in ages... I had to go and choose one of the most subjective, theoretical courses ever...

Sorry your's didn't go well either. I have my LAST exam of the semester tomorrow... Yes!! Fiiinally!
              Last edited by _angi_; 24 December 2006, 08:28 PM.

Comment

It's only Tuesday and you're whole weekend is full already? Grrr... It's already bad enough that we have to wait an extra day to watch the new episode, right? And you'll have to wait even more?! I feel your pain... I do...

No, my exam was pathetic... Seriously, I am so embarassed... the professor'll probably be thinking who let this idiot in my class?! And I actually really like her, so I'd prefer her not to think that. I wish I could get extra points for taking her mother-in-law for coffee... but that's just absurd... Anyway, it probably won't happen. Arg, multiple choice... I hated that in school... although sometimes it can be easier... I haven't done any multiple choice in ages... I had to go a choose one of the most subjective, theoretical courses ever...

Sorry your's didn't go well either. I have my LAST exam of the semester tomorrow... Yes!! Fiiinally!
                *lol* Yeah, I'm a buisy women nah, this week is really horrible... working every night, plus I have to give in my Exposé Thursday and nearly all of my weekend planned I REALLY want it to be at least Saturday!!!
                Oh yes, waiting one more day REALLY sucks!!

Nah, I don't think your professor will think that, and besides everyone has a bad day from time to time

Oh that's soo cool that you have your last exam for this semester tomorrow...sometimes I which we'd do that semester-thing as well and actually have more then only 4 weeks of vacation a year...though then the bachelor would take longer then only 33 month

Comment

*lol* Yeah, I'm a buisy women nah, this week is really horrible... working every night, plus I have to give in my Exposé Thursday and nearly all of my weekend planned I REALLY want it to be at least Saturday!!!
                  Oh yes, waiting one more day REALLY sucks!!

Nah, I don't think your professor will think that, and besides everyone has a bad day from time to time

Oh that's soo cool that you have your last exam for this semester tomorrow...sometimes I which we'd do that semester-thing as well and actually have more then only 4 weeks of vacation a year...though then the bachelor would take longer then only 33 month
                  Haa! I'm already loving February. Exam time. Joy. So not! *crawls to bed*

Comment

*yay* I just found a site (movies.com) where it says that "Crazy like a Fox" is coming to DVD-release soon *does happy dance* I sooo have my Email-notification on it now

Comment

*yay* I just found a site (movies.com) where it says that "Crazy like a Fox" is coming to DVD-release soon *does happy dance* I sooo have my Email-notification on it now
                      Really?!??!! Yesss!!! At least one good thing today... I just came back from my (last) pathetic exam... *shudder*... it was horrible... again... But duuude! Everyone was cheating!!! (except me, of course, I'm a saint... I don't smoke, or drink, or lust after married men... ) Cheating, in college... sheesh... And so, I come home... and the lights in the living room and bedroom aren't working!!!! Arg!!!! I just want to like jump out a window right now...
                      Last edited by _angi_; 29 November 2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Oh, awesome! I emailed the production company that made it and got a reply from the director saying there would be info up on the website in about a week, but I kinda took that with a huge kosher grain of sea salt since it was coming from a person who no doubt wants to promote interest in his work in any way, shape or form. *is cynical lately* But it must be true if it's on another website as well!!
                        Originally posted by angi
                        Really?!??!! Yesss!!! At least one good thing today... I just came back from my (last) pathetic exam... *shudder*... it was horrible... again... But duuude! Everyone was cheating!!! (except me, of course, I'm a saint... I don't smoke, or drink, or lust over married men... ) Cheating, in college... sheesh... And so, I come home... and the lights in the living room and bedroom aren't working!!!! Arg!!!! I just want to like jump out a window right now...
                        Dude, that stinks everyone was cheating. But at least it's over with, right? Please don't jump out the window. I'd miss you terribly!

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

Aaaw. Thanks Sidhe. *hugs* Nah, no jumping out the window today... I need to see Unfinished Business first. And yes!!! It's finally over!!! So happy... I just wish I didn't have to go spend a month with my family! (still hoping things'll change...) That just makes me more tired and stressed out than I already was before going to see them... and you know, holidays are at least supposed to be relaxing!!! *humph*

Oh yeah... do any of you know what song is playing in Passion Fish, when May-Alice, Chantelle and Rennie are on the boat, before they get to that island, or whatever it is? Like a crazy mixture of zydeco and African music... not sure how to describe it exactly...

EDIT: OMFG! Now that I come to think of it... if I'm at my parent's house, how will I be able to watch the new BSG episodes?!?!?! *cries hysterically, then faints*
                          Last edited by _angi_; 29 November 2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Aaaw. Thanks Sidhe. *hugs* Nah, no jumping out the window today... I need to see Unfinished Business first. And yes!!! It's finally over!!! So happy... I just wish I didn't have to go spend a month with my family! (still hoping things'll change...) That just makes me more tired and stressed out than I already was before going to see them... and you know, holidays are at least supposed to be relaxing!!! *humph*

Oh yeah... do any of you know what song is playing in Passion Fish, when May-Alice, Chantelle and Rennie are on the boat, before they get to that island, or whatever it is? Like a crazy mixture of zydeco and African music... not sure how to describe it exactly...

EDIT: OMFG! Now that I come to think of it... if I'm at my parent's house, how will I be able to watch the new BSG episodes?!?!?! *cries hysterically, then faints*
                            O_o Not sure what planet you're from but the holidays are hardly relaxing! When would you have to leave for your month with the family? Maybe the mid season break will have started by then and you won't miss anything? I am not sure how many more eps we'll get before they break. I know the break is for one month. Maybe after Dec 15? I suppose I could look it up somewhere...

But I think that's justification for you not to go for a month. Stay home until the BSG mid season break and THEN go. I mean, BSG or family time...Hmmm, lemme think about that one for a minute.

And I'm sorry but I don't know the song that's playing during that scene.

Thanks to Dorka for this beautiful sig!!

Comment

I couldn't watch BSG at all at my parents house...so...well...what's the point...right? (Good thing I'm not there )

As for th song, it is called: La Danse De Mardi Gras by Balfa Brothers - on the soundtrack there is also a variation of it from the night ride back...LOVERLY!!!

Just great

Comment

Originally posted by sidhe View Post
                                O_o Not sure what planet you're from but the holidays are hardly relaxing! When would you have to leave for your month with the family? Maybe the mid season break will have started by then and you won't miss anything? I am not sure how many more eps we'll get before they break. I know the break is for one month. Maybe after Dec 15? I suppose I could look it up somewhere...

But I think that's justification for you not to go for a month. Stay home until the BSG mid season break and THEN go. I mean, BSG or family time...Hmmm, lemme think about that one for a minute.

And I'm sorry but I don't know the song that's playing during that scene.
                                I'm from planet holiday-relaxing-shut-the-****-up-and-leave-me-alone
                                As far as I know there'll be Unfinished Business and The Passage before the break. considering The Passage is the first part of the mid-seaon two-parter. That'd leave us with two more eps (1st and 7th December) one month break would mean they're back on 5th or 12th January.
                                Though plenty of time for _angi_ to arrange her holidays in the break

And I've no idea either what's that for a song...but now I'm curious, too...

edit: I looked the Soundtrack up ...
                                1. Danse de Mardi Gras
                                2. Oh, Negresse
                                3. Attack of the Mutant Guitars
                                4. I Know
                                5. Grand Mamou
                                6. Bayou Pon Pon
                                7. Photos
                                8. Bayou Night
                                9. Poor Man's Two-Step
                                10. Chantelle Arrives
                                11. Zydeco Queen
                                12. Out of Business
                                13. Spaghetti Western
                                14. Bwana's Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X