This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counting and numbers

One of the many small things that makes Battlestar Galactica so unique is that it's obvious how careful the producers are keeping track of all the statistics.

It's clear that every episode, the writers keep a running total of certain numbers: Number of survivors in the fleet, number of days since the original attack. I can't think of any other series that kept such attention to detail and attention to continuity -- I'm not sure there's even a single continuity error yet. (If there is, I haven't spotted it. Except that it kinda bugs me that they haven't searched the fleet for made a sketch of the cylon Starbuck met on Caprica and circulated it thorughout the fleet. But that's not really an 'error' per se.)

My question is...how far do these statistics extend? Do they keep track of exactly how many vipers there are left? Because, it seems a lot of them have been destroyed. How about viper pilots? Military personel, total? Do they go into such detail as to have decided how many people there are living on each specific ship? This kind of detail would not surprise me.

This attention to detail is a breath of fresh air in Scifi. Voyager had only 150 crew to start out, and they couldn't even keep track of how many people they killed off!!

As far as how many vipers are left The Beast can produce new vipers so that number seems to be in flux.
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Working...
    X