• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychodad
    From Ressurection Ship Pt1
    Roslyn: "I'm sure in a confrontation Pegasus would prevail"

Adama: (Looking petulent) "Don't bet on it"

Roslyn: Glances over at Adama, with a 'get real' expression.

priceless scene From that little exchange I think RDM made it clear which Battlestar is the most powerful.

In a fight my heart is with the bucket, but my money would be on the beast.
    Never count out a ship commanded by Bill Adama!
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

For now, I don't think the Beast and the Bucket (Ha...classic ) will have a shoot off with each other unless Adama wants to kill his own kid, which has been established as a no-no zone since Adama loves Lee so much.

Lee's got what it takes to be like his dad, and now.....will see if he can tap into that ability and make Pegasus a cylon @$$ kicking battlestar……I don’t think there should be any confrontations between Pegasus and Galactica seen as how Lee and Adama are in control of both ships, but I guess the crew could always take Lee hostage and get what they want from Adama…it’s a known fact….Adama would do anything to save his only son…but I do hope the Pegasus crew would not be that heartless to do something like that….but with Cain as there best commander....I wouldn't bet on it

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

I would agree that all you really have to do is look at the multiple Nuke hits to know which ship is stronger.

If it were Cain/Pegasus vs. Adama/Galactica, all my chips would be on Cain. But the CO is where the money's at, and Lil Adama just doesn't have the experience yet.

Comment

Honestly I don't expect Pegasus to surive the run of the show if nothing else it is Battlestar GALACTICA and not Pegasus. that Said I think it been one of the best parts of the second half of season 2 and hope that we will at least have a few season to get to know her better befor she leaves us.

I mean I know it going to be a around for a while I mean that did build a whole Galacitca size set for the Pegasus ship to be shot in. that alone suggest it will be with us for the long hall.

Long live the beast
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal
            Honestly I don't expect Pegasus to surive the run of the show if nothing else it is Battlestar GALACTICA and not Pegasus. that Said I think it been one of the best parts of the second half of season 2 and hope that we will at least have a few season to get to know her better befor she leaves us.

I mean I know it going to be a around for a while I mean that did build a whole Galacitca size set for the Pegasus ship to be shot in. that alone suggest it will be with us for the long hall.

Long live the beast
            I heard they bought the Sets for the abandoned "Lost in Space" remake on the cheap and Altered it for use as the Pegasus sets. If this is true they may not have spent much money at all and so may not be inclined to keep it around for very long.
            Hope they though!
            Because I live in Ireland I have yet to see Pegasus although from the pictures its looks savage

Comment

I'm sure it's pure coincidence, but back when madk99 and I were waiting for season 2.5 to start up, we got really bored and came up with a whole bunch of crazy anagrams for BSG. For those who might not know, an anagram is a word game in which you take an existing word or name and rearrange its letters to form a new word or phrase.

Here's what I got for the BS 62:

Battlestar Pegasus = Stalag Beast Erupts

A coincidence that the Pegasus is called the "Beast" now, or is RDM reading our boards?

Comment

Originally posted by MASON

Battlestar Pegasus = Stalag Beast Erupts

A coincidence that the Pegasus is called the "Beast" now, or is RDM reading our boards?
                I know you're saying this half in jest, but, here's what has forever gotten me 'off' of the idea that these types of hidden anagrams exist. (Whatever you're dealing with ... dead singers, prophetic scriptures, TV shows, etc.)

In order for this to work, the producers would have had to have sat at a table and said:

Guys, here's a cool phrase "Stalag Beast Erupts".

Okay ... now let's make it into the name of a ship.

See what I mean? That's why I find it very hard to believe in any anagrams. Admittedly, with the "Battlestar" part, it's a bit easier, but still ... can you imagine being given the phrase "Stalag Beast Erupts" and someone saying "make it pretty and nice"

Again, I know you're kidding around, but keep this in mind for all of those so-called 'hidden' anagrams. Also, please blame the legnth of this post on reverse engineering anagrams to the fact that it's almost 4am where I live, i.e. I'm quite tired

P.S. This argument is best for when people start finding long messages in song titles, album titles, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurKing
                  I know you're saying this half in jest, but, here's what has forever gotten me 'off' of the idea that these types of hidden anagrams exist. (Whatever you're dealing with ... dead singers, prophetic scriptures, TV shows, etc.)

In order for this to work, the producers would have had to have sat at a table and said:

Guys, here's a cool phrase "Stalag Beast Erupts".

Okay ... now let's make it into the name of a ship.

See what I mean? That's why I find it very hard to believe in any anagrams. Admittedly, with the "Battlestar" part, it's a bit easier, but still ... can you imagine being given the phrase "Stalag Beast Erupts" and someone saying "make it pretty and nice"

Again, I know you're kidding around, but keep this in mind for all of those so-called 'hidden' anagrams. Also, please blame the legnth of this post on reverse engineering anagrams to the fact that it's almost 4am where I live, i.e. I'm quite tired

P.S. This argument is best for when people start finding long messages in song titles, album titles, etc.
                  LOL

No worries, it was all in jest, but still a pretty funny coincidence.

Then there's Gaius Baltar = Astral A.I. Bug

Comment

Long live the Beast, but lets hope the Beast stops eating Commanders. The cooks will start having to command that ship soon at this rate.

Comment

Okay, I get "beast" but can someone explain why Galactica gets the codename "bucket"?

Ever since Pegasus was introduced I was sure that it was going to be destroyed. I originally thought that
                      Spoiler:
                      TPTB were going to resolve the Cain plotline by blowing up the ship.
                      And then in Capt's Hand
                      Spoiler:
                      I thought the beast was toast after jumping into that trap. Maybe it's future is more secure now with Apollo in charge (TPTB wouldn't kill Apollo...would they?). I'm still betting that it doesn't make it to Earth though. If it does get destroyed I hope it goes down in a blaze of glory!!

Comment

Originally posted by FNH USA P90
                        Long live the Beast, but lets hope the Beast stops eating Commanders. The cooks will start having to command that ship soon at this rate.
                        Just picture it...Commander Cally...it's coming at the rate Red Shirt...I mean Pegasus Commanders are biting the bullet!
                        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Okay, I get "beast" but can someone explain why Galactica gets the codename "bucket"?
                          As in Junk Bucket perhaps?

I'm hoping the beast sticks around for a while yet. It's cool having two battlestars around, gives the fleet better odds and more options.

Comment

I think Peagasus will be around for a while, they have a very nice symentry now or whatever, with the older Adama on Galactica with the Mark II vipers, (mostly) and the Younger Adama Commanding the Newer Peagasus stocked with the Mark VII's
                            "Your a fruitcake," Daniel Jackson to Vala Mal Doran "Prometheus Unbound"

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              my Guess is because it was about to be retired before the Cylon Attack, the Pegasus is a newer Ship

Comment

Working...
                              X