Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's excited about Battlestar Galactica?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DVD didn't break them into two episodes. It just put it as a huge 4 hour thing.

Comment

As a fan of the orginal Battlestar Galactica, I refuse to watch the new Battlestar.

Comment

Originally posted by kdavis004
        As a fan of the orginal Battlestar Galactica, I refuse to watch the new Battlestar.
        You're missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
          The DVD didn't break them into two episodes. It just put it as a huge 4 hour thing.
          The DVD is OUT?!

*amazons*

No it's not.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica was a mini-series on the Scifi channel. I was four hours long and over two nights. I watched it over those two nights.

Comment

adventurer: It's out in Australia. Probably due to the fact that it's pretty much completely unlikely that it'll be shown on Australian TV.

Comment

Did they release the DVD yet?

Also, I am looking foward to this. I kinda explained that in Peacekeeper War thread, lol.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

It is in Australia. If you don't believe me, check this online store: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/226489

Comment

Amazon.com, doesn't have it, so its not out in the US. Which sucks, cause I would buy that 1-2-3.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Any other countries have the DVD released?

Comment

Being a huge fan of the original series I have mixed feelings about the show.
                        It is a re-imagining of the original series based in that universe.

I like the new starbuck, though she is a annoyingly combative at times. Edward James Olmos (adama) is always good.

The scenes are certainly more visceral in this new one, than the original(probably more a result of the time the original aired) which is good.

This take is ok, and I will watch, certainly, but it would have been so nice to revisit the original story line, (Galactica 1980 DOES NOT count).

This may rob effort that could have gone into picking up the original story and tying up those threads.

What I would REALLY Like is a release of this new Glalactica's musical score on CD. I love that music. Good stuff.

I like the new cylon baseships, and enjoyed the homages to the original series in the diplomat's briefing material he shuffled through at the very beginning.
                        "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

No true BSG counts the series were they found Earth. I mean....they did cut out like what 4 main characters?

I really like this new one compared to the old school one. I though the old school had a great idea, and was really portrayed in a comical way. This new one though, its set during the same time, has alot more drama, and feeling to it. In the middle of a war time crisis, you aren't gunna go kiss some chick on the lips(Starbuck), you're gunna suit up and get ready to be launched out in your viper.

BSG(N) has a 10/10 in my book.

Comment

I'm not really excited about it, but i'll watch it !!!

Comment

I saw a preview for this, which looked really depressing. What exactly is the appeal of this show?

Comment

A hope for Humanity to find home?!? *puzzled*

Comment

Working...
                                X