This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to the Colonies

Perhaps the Pegasus could jump back to the colonies to rescue people. I'm not sure if Galactica could do this, maybe the Pegasus FTL drive is more advanced, or maybe cylon-Sharon helps them. Of course, I don't see them trusting her to do this.

I definitely don't see Galactica doing this (if it's even possible), since they would be leaving the fleet defenseless. With Pegasus in the mix, they have a chance to do this.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Natron; 11 December 2005, 09:28 PM.

Originally posted by Natron
    Thoughts?
    Actually, my first thought is that you should be polite enough to use spoiler tags.
    Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Well put madk99, but Natron raises some interesting routes the rest of the season could play out, nonetheless.

I think you're right about the Pegasus being used to head back to Caprica, I have a feeling, that because the filming crew is located in Vancouver, that they're bound to continue returning. I actually hope that they manage to head out to the rockies once or twice in case they visit another colony, just for some plain and simple change of scenery.

It makes you wonder, though, how many more survivors they could pick up in Raptor runs to the surface.

I can't remember what the Raptors' maximum payload, in people, is, however the miniseries made it look like about ten. Considering that, they'd need a hell of a lot of Raptors, and a substantial number of vulnerable runs (Raptors have light armament) to pickup a significant number of survivors.

Comment

Don’t forget about S2-The Farm
        Spoiler:
        the captured heavy raider that can jump back. Granted it doesn't hold many people, though more than a Raptor, but I wager it makes an appearance again. There is even the heavy raider that crashed into BSG's flight pod. Surely they'd be working to try and fix it up if possible.

Yeah, the Raptor only holds 10, including the pilot and ECO. Or that was the max it could carry in the mini when Boomer brought back the 5 kids and 4 adults including Baltar. Course that Raptor had been damaged, but I’m pretty sure they also mentioned 10 again when they referred to the number killed when the Raider collided with the Raptor over Kobol in KLG I.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
          Don’t forget about S2-The Farm
          Spoiler:
          the captured heavy raider that can jump back. Granted it doesn't hold many people, though more than a Raptor, but I wager it makes an appearance again. There is even the heavy raider that crashed into BSG's flight pod. Surely they'd be working to try and fix it up if possible.

Yeah, the Raptor only holds 10, including the pilot and ECO. Or that was the max it could carry in the mini when Boomer brought back the 5 kids and 4 adults including Baltar. Course that Raptor had been damaged, but I’m pretty sure they also mentioned 10 again when they referred to the number killed when the Raider collided with the Raptor over Kobol in KLG I.
          Spoiler:
          Sure I remembered the captured Heavy Raider, but I'd forgotten that they're pretty much invisible as long as they've got their Cylon transponders. So it would take a lot of trips to perform significant rescue operations, but they have a better chance with the Heavy Raider.

Comment

With the raider then yea they could go back and get survivors, but I think the Basestars orbiting(*if there are any...which is presumable) would notice A Battlestar.....which looks VASTLY different appearing...transponder or not.
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
              With the raider then yea they could go back and get survivors, but I think the Basestars orbiting(*if there are any...which is presumable) would notice A Battlestar.....which looks VASTLY different appearing...transponder or not.
              The Battlestar would only have to be parked within jump range of the Heavy Raider, not over Caprica.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                When Starbuck jumped back to big C for the arrow she passed within spitting distance of 3 (count them, three) basestars. I think we can assume there is a significant occupying force both on the surface and in orbit.

I think we can also need to remember one little detail. THE CYLONS ARE SMART! It is only a matter of time before the transponder ruse will fail to work. We must assume that they will catch on to things eventually. I know it is a deleted scene (and therefore acanonesque ) but the drunken storytelling scene between younger-Adama and Tigh-with-hair is a great example of that.

This brings up the same old question of just how much are the Cylons letting the Colonials get away with. And how much are they playing them like a fiddle?
                Freedom is Slavery. Spending is Stimulus. Hope is Change

Comment

Originally posted by Natron
                  Perhaps the Pegasus could jump back to the colonies to rescue people. I'm not sure if Galactica could do this, maybe the Pegasus FTL drive is more advanced, or maybe cylon-Sharon helps them. Of course, I don't see them trusting her to do this.

I definitely don't see Galactica doing this (if it's even possible), since they would be leaving the fleet defenseless. With Pegasus in the mix, they have a chance to do this.

Thoughts?

What about the rest of the Colonies? We know nothing about the differences between them...there should be more survivors in the rest of the Colonies too. And where would they live? I guess the ships are crowded enough by know and every day the Fleet goes looking for Earth.

Comment

I'd like to see the other Colonies, too. Do they each have survivors that have organized into a resistance? Are different Cylon models more prevalent on some Colonies as opposed to others? Do the other 11 Colonies look like Vancouver as well? Inquiring minds want to know! But please, no more Caprica. I'll be the happiest guy on the planet if I never see boring Anders again.
                    MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexx
                      Do the other 11 Colonies look like Vancouver as well? Inquiring minds want to know!
                      I'd be willing to place a bet that they do.

Second half of Season 2
                      Spoiler:
                      Sorry, it seems Anders will make a return to our TV screens.

David Eick
                      executive producer

Q: Will Anders be returning to the show, and, if so, will it be in Season Two?

Eick: Yes, Michael Trucco will be returning to the show for a special three-episode arc in the second half of season two.

Link

I liked the Caprica storyline with Helo/Sharon and the bit with Starbuck returning to her old apartment was great. Can't say I'm really that attached to Blanders....uh I mean Anders though. He wasn't too bad, but let's forgo anymore gratuitous pick-up Pyramid games. I'm betting he doesn't make it off the planet alive. He'll probably die in Kara's arms or something....
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                      X