Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BattleStar Galactica's Earth (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caprice
    Um...

I thought we knew who created the Cylons.
    The Colonial humans created the Centurion Cylons, however, the Cylon-Agents, those that appear human, were either created by the Cylons, or an undisclosed third party, i.e. Cylon-God.

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice
      Um...

I thought we knew who created the Cylons.
      The only thing we know is that humans "created" them. But how did it happen? Who invented them and how? Maybe there was an outside influence, a greater power behind it, perhaps originating from Earth? Or perhaps it was a fanatic who believed in this One God so fervently that he secretly programmed these Cylons to believe in it too. Maybe the Cylons rebellion was not simply a matter of robotic "evolution" but a carefully laid plan by their original creator.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
        The Colonial humans created the Centurion Cylons, however, the Cylon-Agents, those that appear human, were either created by the Cylons, or an undisclosed third party, i.e. Cylon-God.
        That isn't how I interpreted the statement/question that was made.

Originally posted by apollo123
        The only thing we know is that humans "created" them.
        That is the only question that was asked. Who created them? Answer? *check*!

Originally posted by apollo123
        But how did it happen? Who invented them and how? Maybe there was an outside influence, a greater power behind it, perhaps originating from Earth? Or perhaps it was a fanatic who believed in this One God so fervently that he secretly programmed these Cylons to believe in it too. Maybe the Cylons rebellion was not simply a matter of robotic "evolution" but a carefully laid plan by their original creator.
        None of these questions seem to have been asked, nor are they relevent to the "Who created the Cylons" question that we know the answer to.

Sorry for being too specific. Sounds like the intended question is more generalized than the one I got from the posts. I've been a little stupid lately, Christmas madness ya know. LOL

Comment

Cyclons were created to make life easier on the 12 colonies. This was post-Kobol exodus. Howd the Cylons go from walking toasters to toying with genetics in 50 years... well, that would be interesting to find out...

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting points from everyone, except the people who say Atlantis and SG1 will come to the rescue, although that could work hmmmm...... Anyway, some mentioned before that the person who created the Cylons and programmed the God thing into them is Viable, and maybe the Cylons thought that Humand don't deserve life or they thought they weren't following the so called "GOD" will.
            Although we'll won't know until they get to Earth won't we .

Anyway, the topic has changed a bit but keep going, it's getting interesting. But one thing they need to explain, assuming it was like the original series and they were the same level of Technology as now in the present, they will need to explain how humans existed long before we thought they did, like we think humans have only been here for thousands of years, but only have revolutionised out technology in the last 200 years. They will need to explain how Humans created interstellar travel. And not bring in "ALIENS HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO BRANG US THE TECHNOLOGY WITH THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEARTS(OR WHATEVER THEY DO TO KEEP KICKING)".They really need to work on little things like this.....EVEN THOUGH IT HASEN'T HAPPEND YET LOL.

Well keep posting people
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Its possible Earth will be uninhabited like Kobol and thats where they settle.
              But since the technology is very much earth then its likely the 12 colonies left earth a long time ago colonized the galaxies outer edge, lost record of their previous home and now are trying to find it. Which means that earth could still be uninhabited but once had a civilization or a technologically advanced civiliazation is still living there.

Comment

Oh, Don't forget the original, haven't you noticed there trying to do a lot of things to the original, of course small things differ from the new series, like Starbuch was actually a guy and stuff. But on the Original series Earth was there, and had the people of our state of Tech (well the 80's atleast) and im guessing there going to do the same, although i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't
                Last edited by Locutus_Of_Borg; 02 December 2005, 03:01 PM.
                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

There is a part of me that would like to see a TV movie or mini-series that takes place years after the end of the series.

I don't know if it would be present day Earth or future, or something different (in ruins), but seeing the crew years after might be cool.

Or the idea of seeing Galactica with Apollo in command years after the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Natron
                    There is a part of me that would like to see a TV movie or mini-series that takes place years after the end of the series.

I don't know if it would be present day Earth or future, or something different (in ruins), but seeing the crew years after might be cool.

Or the idea of seeing Galactica with Apollo in command years after the series.
                    Wasn't that called Battlestar Galactica: the second coming?

Colonel Tigh became president and Bojay became Colonel.

Comment

Originally posted by MASON
                      Colonel Tigh became president and Bojay became Colonel.
                      i guess that would drop out with the new series, considering the character tigh is now

but, well baltar as
                      Spoiler:
                      acting president
                      might be similar dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by userfriendly
                        i guess that would drop out with the new series, considering the character tigh is now

but, well baltar as
                        Spoiler:
                        acting president
                        might be similar dangerous
                        i dont think we have a lot to worry, he seems pretty incompetant in politics, unless #6 "compels" him to do something

Comment

Working...
                        X