This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Soundtrack

Please help me. Does anyone has a clue which songs are used in Pegasus? I mean:

"Cain Arrives at Galactica Theme",
    "Gaius & Gina Theme"
    "Adama vs. Cain Theme" from the end of the episode.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Some songs may be new.
    *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
    Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Completely not on the topic of finding what the music is, but was anyone else getting a bit annoyed by the music at the beginning?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

was i the only one who liked the music???!!!!??? It gave a sense of ... pece, tranquility and tension all at once

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_86
          was i the only one who liked the music???!!!!??? It gave a sense of ... pece, tranquility and tension all at once
          I liked all of it except for the bit at the beginning.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

:lol Sounded something the 70's rock bands use to write....kinda like Eagles
            or Steely Dan ......totally 70's.....loved it.
            Last edited by dec55; 26 September 2005, 11:23 AM.
            Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              Completely not on the topic of finding what the music is, but was anyone else getting a bit annoyed by the music at the beginning?
              I love the show's intro theme.

But I really thought the music they used in Pegasus was out of place for BSG and sounded atrocious.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Agreed, I think choral suits BSG better than electro-synth guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty

Oh yeah, totally out of place for Galactica, it cheapened the episode.

Comment

Apart from the very beginning the music was very good in this episode. Was this orginal music?

Comment

Whether one likes or dislikes the 'Pegasus' music taken by itself is one matter. But it's use within the context of the show is appropriate.

The 'celtic' celebration motif was introduced I believe with 'Hand of God', and the theme has re-surfaced a few other times as well. This is a bit different that the middle-eastern/mediterranean sounding drum beats and flutes we have heard before.

It's should be no surprise that a new, more modern theme would be introduced considering the arrival of a brand new battlestar, the fact that this in a way represents the true beginning of season 2 (the first 7 episodes so far wrapped up season 1's loose threads), and the fact that the Pegasus is a newer more modern ship.

Thematically and historically, it fits in with how the show has progressed. Again, taken by itself one is free to like or dislike it, but I can see the reasoning for it.

Comment

After buying the season one dvd and watching the miniseries again, i found that the beginning music was in the miniseries

Comment

Working...
                        X