This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will become of President Roslin??

I don't know if there has been or is a thread like this, and if there is...you can just disregard this one.

But I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on what they think will become of President Roslin...will she eventually die of her cancer, will she resign or is there some other thought you all have.

Please share!!
    sigpic

She'll die and then come back to haunt Adama
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Depends on how the producers want to go with it, they could pull off a cheesy "oh we found a miracle drug to save you" or have a cylon do it or something, or they could go with the more reasonable emotional path of having her die with dignity and passing over the torch to someone qualified.
      "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        She'll die and then come back to haunt Adama
        LOL! That is an interesting thought

Originally posted by Bl4de
        Depends on how the producers want to go with it, they could pull off a cheesy "oh we found a miracle drug to save you" or have a cylon do it or something, or they could go with the more reasonable emotional path of having her die with dignity and passing over the torch to someone qualified.
        Yea, true enough...I mean we can't read the producers minds, but it is always curiousity that seems to bewiddle our minds and try to come up with ideas on what the producers will do next.
        sigpic

Comment

The producers will probably kill her off after they reach Earth.
          sigpic

Comment

of course after they reach earth...whenever that will be...BSG will prolly be no more...but i surely hope not
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
              of course after they reach earth...whenever that will be...BSG will probably be no more...but i surely hope not
              Galactica will probably go on for at least 10 more episodes after they reach earth. And in my opinion that will happen (when they reach earth) during Season 5.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                I don't know if there has been or is a thread like this, and if there is...you can just disregard this one.

But I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on what they think will become of President Roslin...will she eventually die of her cancer, will she resign or is there some other thought you all have.

Please share!!
                I've had similar thoughts. She's such a main player in the show, yet she's destined to die. I don't want her to die anytime soon, yet I don't want tptb to pull some "hey we've found some ridiculous way of keeping her alive" stunt. If they do that I'll be well peeved, because the realism is what I love about this show. I've found it weird watching a main character who I know shouldn't be with us forever...I like Roslin. It's weird.

Comment

Yea, I agree...I mean...I like Roslin and I do not want her to die, but I don't want the producers/writers/etc. to do something stupid and piss off viewers of the show.

Now, I know this is a Roslin thread...but I have to ask..what are the thoughts of all of you about who would take over...which would most likely be Baltar...I mean, I am gonna give no opinion because he is the character that I like....but I don't know if I could get used to having him as President Baltar after getting used to Vice President Baltar.

Thoughts?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de
                    You're pretty close. Check out the Now Playing interview (if you don't mind spoilers) they have going with the cast talking about the Pegasus.

Spoiler:
                    Boomer's baby figures into the scheme, they use her to help prolong Roslin's life. Or at least that's the plan, not sure if anything is concrete yet.

Comment

Interesting...thanks for the news Blue Banrigh
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't read the spoiler, so here's my opinion as of "Final Cut":

I think she's going to die *before* they reach earth. That's what the propecy states (~"a leader that will/can(?) not set foot on the new home" - along that lines) and I think it would be once more breaking into new ground to have a main character destined to die actually die.

Comment

To maintain that sense of realism and edginess, I do think she has to die during the course of their journey although her absence will be felt. Not because the prophecies say so... but because the doctors say so.
                          Unless of course, the cylons have some way of prolonging the inevitable or Doc Cottle is a cylon mole appropriately placed to help things along
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

for all we know when she dies...they'll just replace her with another copy

Comment

I think in the short term Roslin will focus more on the faith aspect of her leadership (finding earth). She will delegate most of her other powers to Adama. With that situation, in my opinion, I think both Roslin and Adama will be leading in their respective strong triat areas; Roslin with faith and Adama with overall leadership.
                              Just my humble 18 year old conservative opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X