Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing usefull to add to this other than...Why does everyone think Gatea is a cylon?He hasn't done anything suspecious in my opinion.
    Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
    The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

Gaeta helped the president, well, he helped Dualla. He confronted her about off-logged calls, making the audience and D think that he was going to tell Adama if he found out, at the end of the episode though Tigh asks everyone about suspicious activity and Gaeta says he did not notice any off logged calls, and smiles a bit.

I'm not generally one to think that circumstancial evidence like that would suggest anything about anyone, but if I were to think that way, I would probably have an incline that Gaeta might be a cylon. The writers can't stray from the original cast too much.. they already took a HUGE leap making Boomer a cylon (and female), I doubt they'd do it again with Adama or someone, so Gaeta who wasn't in the original series (I think?) would make a good choice. Since it's in the best interest of the cylons that Roslin survives to lead the humans to Earth.

I think Gaeta is one of my favorite characters though, he's got to deal with so much stress and the lives of so many people are clearly falling on his hands a lot, pressure like that can drive a person insane but he vents it all off as you find out in Final Cut and it's quite funny. He's got the professional attitude all the time, serving his duty like a good soldier, but it gets to him and produces in him a quirky off-duty attitude you rarely ever see. He's a very interesting character, I think of him as too interesting in some respects but not important enough to be a cylon. Might just be personal preference though. Gaeta would make a good commander in absence of Adama/Tigh.
      "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de
        Well she said there are 8 cylons in the fleet, before we met Gina, that means there's 7 after we meet her, and there's only 7 more human models. We aren't talking about toasters or ships, since when did they have toasters walking around the ships or raiders flying in between the ships lol, she was talking about the human cylons on the ships in the fleet.

If there were multiple copies of the same person someone would have figured it out after so many months...
        Not so fast. 57,000 surviviors are a lot of people for duplicate copies to mix in with.

The only reason the "other" copy of Leoban was captured was that a picture of the "original" model was circulated throughout every ship in the fleet.

There is no one place or ship in the fleet large enough for everyone to get together to check if everyone else is a duplicate. Even if there was a facility big enough, or if everyone went planetside, that would still be a daunting task (all you brown-haired people with green eyes that are 5 foot 8 line up here). What's more, the population among ships in the fleet is very fluid, with people constantly moving from ship to ship (that's what made it practical for Rosilin and Apollo to evade capture once they escaped BSG). This makes it possible for a multiple copies to exist and even assume the same identity, assuming they don't spend long in one place and take some care not to show up in the same place at the same time. The Colonial government seems to have its hands full just keeping count of the number of survivors and is not at the point of tracking each individuals identity, appearance or location.

Right now, after the "Final Cut" episode, the "top brass" knows of 5 human-looking Cylon models: Number 6 (Shelly Godfrey), Leoban (the sick Cylon at Ragnar Achorage), Doral (the Public Relations Guy), Sharon (Boomer), and Simon (the "Doctor" from the Farm). The viewers know of one other Cylon from "Final Cut". That leaves 6 other human looking models (if Number 6 was telling the truth), and 7 other human-looking models in the fleet (if Sharon was telling the truth to Baltar under her interrogation).

To me, that "math" means there must be at least one "duplicate" Cylon agent in the fleet, meaning at least one duplicate of one of the seven known to the audience, or one (or more) duplicate of one of the five not yet revealed to the audience. Out of a sample of 57,000 people, there are bound to be a few natural twins or triplets, so identical-looking people are not that suspicious.

Right now, I'd presume that Sharon's appearance has been widely distributed to the fleet, since she was involved in the assassination attempt against Adama. That secret was too big to be kept, especially since it was widely witnessed. That also explains why it is important to keep the presence of the other Sharon model a secret. This means that it very unlikely that another Sharon model exists covertly in the fleet.

The same goes for Loeban and Doral. Number 6 would be a standout anywhere, although we haven't seen, explicitly, that her picture had been circulated. Nor have we seen if pictures of Simon or Number 6 have been circulated, or if any pictures of them exist to circulate.

It's unlikely to be a "celebrity" Cylon agent such as the one revealed in "Final Cut", could escape notice if a duplicate existed somewhere else in the fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
          Not quite. The clone's appearance would follow the clonee's when the clonee was that age. In other words, if the clonee was short & stocky at age 9, the clone would be short & stocky when it was at that age of development.
          I was actually referring to the assumption that when you clone a man at the age of thirty six, the clone will appear to be thirty six, even if it's only been alive for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaija
            I was actually referring to the assumption that when you clone a man at the age of thirty six, the clone will appear to be thirty six, even if it's only been alive for a few hours.
            Curious, I was wondering if the bio-cylons grow up in real time (or at least the original copy) ...

If true, then Sharon would be the latest model (so far), makes me think that Six has middle child syndrome.

Comment

We already know who one of the 8 Cylons in the fleet are. D'enna Biers, remember no one but the audience knows that she is a Cylon.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

Ma
                Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                Curious, I was wondering if the bio-cylons grow up in real time (or at least the original copy) ...

If true, then Sharon would be the latest model (so far), makes me think that Six has middle child syndrome.
                Number Six: Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! I should have nuked the b**** when I had the chance.
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaija
                  No that wouldn't be the case. The clone would still progress at the same rate of development as any 'normal' human would - meaning that it would start as an embryo and develop into a fully mature human. It is not like the cloning in 'The 6th Day' or even possibly 'The Island' but more like the cloning in Star Wars where the development of the clones was sped up to produce the army in a shorter amount of time.
                  "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Working...
                  X