Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Cylon-Boomer, wasn't it said somewhere that she came from some childhood tragedy? Her parents were supposedly killed when she was a girl, therefore she had no close family ties? I seem to remember someone saying that. If true, then Boomer might well have been a sleeper Cylon all along and not a clone of an original person. Without any family to track down and validate the existence of, it's not hard to imagine the Cylons just throwing a model in the middle of society with a fabricated history. Boomer would have had implanted memories of actually being a child, growing up somewhere, etc., so she would have acted like she was a real person. There wouldn't be a need to ever have had a "real" Sharon.

Trying to guess who the other sleeper models are is tricky. Let's consider what we know about the Cylons, and what their plans seem to be. The two female Cylons we've seen so far have been following a specific pattern: acquire a lover and get impregnated. Caprica-Boomer has done so, and it's implied that some model of Six has done so as well. The two male Cylons have primarily engaged in terror and subterfuge, trying to sow distrust among the humans. Conroy played mindgames with Starbuck and Roslyn, and Doral blew some stuff up. The most likely suspect for another sleeper would seem to be female, as the male Cylons seem to be more actively destructive and less likely to simply work behind the scenes. Cally and Ellen Tigh seem too obvious. I vote for Dee. That would be poignant and tragic indeed.
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

There's been quite a bit of discussion about who people think are cylons on the Pegasus thread... thought it would be a good time to give this thread an airing...
      Discuss away...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

lol it seems like youre all on a witch-hunt to find one of the top people to be a cylon. i dont think any of them are though because they would have already done something destructive. for example:

everyone seems to suspect gaeta. in the miniseries tigh said that messing up on the FTL calculations could send them into a star. if gaeta is a cylon, he could have easily destroyed the entire fleet as he makes the jump calculations. he could have sent the entire fleet into a star or a planet or a black hole.

dee is in charge of communications. when the galactica told everyone to meet up at ragnar station why didnt she jam the coms and then say something like "theres interference from the radiation from the nukes" or something. then no one would have known where to go and they would have been slaughtered.

commander adama knows the galactica better than anyone, if he wanted it destroyed he could do it. remember how he kept going to see tighs wife off the record? if he was a cylon he could have done the same thing but instead took a nuke with him on the raptor and launched it off in the middle of the fleet. the same goes for tigh as he has almost as much access as the commander.

if the president was a cylon why did she get the fleet together in the first place? or better yet, after she had the whole fleet together, why did she order the FTL jump? remember when she had to decide whether to wait and transfer people from the sublights or to just take off now with as many people as they can? she could have said "lets stay until we get everyone on board the FTL ships" just to buy the cylons time to come in and nuke the entire fleet.

and all of these are just a few of the things these people could have done if they were cylons, so i really doubt any of them are. im still suspicious of tigh's wife, but other than that ive got no guesses, but im SURE its none of the bridge crew

Comment

[QUOTE=Billy seems to much of a side character to be a Cylon but it's possible.QUOTE]

Doesn't that make him an ideal candidate? Kind of unassuming, but pivotal.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if Balter was a Cylon.

Not sure about Madam President either. Going to be interesting how her cancer plays out. Anyone know if Mary Mc. intends to leave the series? Or does she have a longer contract?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I think Gaeta is definately a cylon. I also think Ellen Tigh is one too just from the hint that Baltar gave. I also think Admiral Cain is a cylon, and maybe that Thorn guy (the XO of Pegasus)

People who I do not think are cylons: Lee, Kara, Baltar, Adama, Laura, Billy, Dee
              sigpic

Comment

Personally at this point I'm really not sure who else could be a Cylon. I don't think Ellen Tigh is. She just seems too obvious and yes, she's evil, but regular old human women can be horrible. That's not reserved just for Cylons. The same goes for Admiral Cain. I won't be surprised if there isn't at least one Cylon on her ship though.

I think I'm pretty much alone in this one but I don't think Gaeta's a Cylon either. He's another that just strikes me as too obvious.
                Spoiler:
                But then when I was watching Final Cut I thought D'Anna Biers being a Cylon was too obvious and look at what she turned out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                  I think I'm pretty much alone in this one but I don't think Gaeta's a Cylon either. He's another that just strikes me as too obvious.
                  Oh, you're not alone. I don't think he is a Cylon, either. And I like him too much to have him be a target on a regular basis. Also, not only is he too obvious, he is also too, keyword here, people, genuinely innocent.

MG
                  Last edited by Mirhadi; 01 October 2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=mikeforrest2003]1. First and most obvious: Colonel Tigh's Wife. Baltar hinted at it in the episode where she was introduced.
                    QUOTE]

I think she's for sure a Cylon.
                    I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I really doubt that Adama, Tigh or Roslin are cylons. For one thing Adama and Tigh were there for the first war (and based on her age so was Roslin), and the human form cylons were created some time after that one ended.
                      Seing as BSG is trying to be as realistic as posible the cylon models, clones or not, would still have to age at a very close to normal rate (accelerated growt would lead to nasty health problems), so their max age would be 50 years.

And IMHO Ellen Tigh works better as a human then a toaster.

Also wasn't Boomer an orphan? And none of the other Cylons seemed to have any family! So that kinda rules out Dee , as we know she had a father she didn't get along with very well!
                      Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirhadi
                        Oh, you're not alone. I don't think he is a Cylon, either. And I like him too much to have him be a target on a regular basis. Also, not only is he too obvious, he is also too, keyword here, people, genuinely innocent.
                        Have you seen Final Cut? I doubt that innocent could describe anyone on BSG!
                        Any that scene with Gaeta in Final Cut takes him out in my mind as a posibility for Cylon agent!
                        Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by @Li3n
                          Have you seen Final Cut? I doubt that innocent could describe anyone on BSG!
                          Any that scene with Gaeta in Final Cut takes him out in my mind as a posibility for Cylon agent!
                          Actually, I was referring to how he goes about his job and his interactions with people, including Sharon. And Final Cut? I loved that episode....

MG

Comment

They all are cylons, everyone in the fleet

Comment

Before we start asking whether Adama or Tigh or president Roslyn or even Lee is a cylon we have to ask how long have the Cylons been able to make "human" models. Tigh and Adama seem to have history going back to the waning days of the first Cylon war. Since the Cylons didn't get this technology until sometime after ward I think it is safe to rule them out. So far here is what we know about the human Cylons.
                              1. They are apparently a relatively new creation. Maybe within the last twenty years.
                              2. They have unconfirmed histories. Take Sharon for instance, orphan from an outpost with no survivors.
                              3. Sharon's baby is the first time a cylon has been able to reproduce. That rules out any other human/cylon half breeds running around in the fleet.
                              4. They aren't clones, they closely resemble flesh and blood but they aren't. Adam refers to Doral's brain as silica in the miniseries. Baltar points out that upon closer examination of the corpse after autopsy it was possible to determine the differences betwen a Cylon Human and the regular garden variety human.
                              I don't think they are replacing actual people with Cylon models. If that were the case the could have replaced someone who already had access to defense technology rather than going through Baltar.

With all that said, Druella seems as good a canidate as any. In Final Cut I think it was she mentions that she was adopted. There's your unconfirmed history. She fits in the age group and the Cylon models. Remember the line in the miniseries that they need to start having babies? Laura said it first and it was repeated by Adama when he was watching Dee and Billy. Could it just be coincidence that one of the Cylon objectives is to be able to have babies?

My other geuss is Baltar himself. There would be no need to put a chip in his brain if he already had a cylon brain to begin with. Aslo notice how he doesn't really have much of a history, family, friends, things a real person would have. It would also explain how he is able to know things about the Cylons without Six directly telling him. He gets the lucky geuss that the reporter was a Cylon in the miniseries. Knows exactly where to attack in the Hand of God. Knows how to create a Cylon detector. Is able to communicate with Six with no chip in his brain and get information that his deluded mind wouldn't have access to, take the baby for instance. He knew exactly how to interogate Galactica Sharon and knew that under the proper stress she could access her buried Cylon knowledge. He is my number one canidate for being a Cylon. Although I am somewhat of the opinion that he maybe a copy of the imperious leader or he may even be the incarnate version of the Cylon God and just doesn't know it. Now wouldn't that be a major twist.
                              Teal'c "I killed you"
                              Daniel "Why?"
                              Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                              Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw
                                Before we start asking whether Adama or Tigh or president Roslyn or even Lee is a cylon we have to ask how long have the Cylons been able to make "human" models. Tigh and Adama seem to have history going back to the waning days of the first Cylon war. Since the Cylons didn't get this technology until sometime after ward I think it is safe to rule them out. So far here is what we know about the human Cylons.
                                1. They are apparently a relatively new creation. Maybe within the last twenty years.
                                2. They have unconfirmed histories. Take Sharon for instance, orphan from an outpost with no survivors.
                                3. Sharon's baby is the first time a cylon has been able to reproduce. That rules out any other human/cylon half breeds running around in the fleet.
                                4. They aren't clones, they closely resemble flesh and blood but they aren't. Adam refers to Doral's brain as silica in the miniseries. Baltar points out that upon closer examination of the corpse after autopsy it was possible to determine the differences betwen a Cylon Human and the regular garden variety human.
                                I don't think they are replacing actual people with Cylon models. If that were the case the could have replaced someone who already had access to defense technology rather than going through Baltar.

With all that said, Druella seems as good a canidate as any. In Final Cut I think it was she mentions that she was adopted. There's your unconfirmed history. She fits in the age group and the Cylon models. Remember the line in the miniseries that they need to start having babies? Laura said it first and it was repeated by Adama when he was watching Dee and Billy. Could it just be coincidence that one of the Cylon objectives is to be able to have babies?

My other geuss is Baltar himself. There would be no need to put a chip in his brain if he already had a cylon brain to begin with. Aslo notice how he doesn't really have much of a history, family, friends, things a real person would have. It would also explain how he is able to know things about the Cylons without Six directly telling him. He gets the lucky geuss that the reporter was a Cylon in the miniseries. Knows exactly where to attack in the Hand of God. Knows how to create a Cylon detector. Is able to communicate with Six with no chip in his brain and get information that his deluded mind wouldn't have access to, take the baby for instance. He knew exactly how to interogate Galactica Sharon and knew that under the proper stress she could access her buried Cylon knowledge. He is my number one canidate for being a Cylon. Although I am somewhat of the opinion that he maybe a copy of the imperious leader or he may even be the incarnate version of the Cylon God and just doesn't know it. Now wouldn't that be a major twist.

Baltar cannot be a cylon UNLESS several things from the mini-series are worked around. Six was working on Baltar for ostensibly the reason of getting into the defense mainframe. Why would she need to bother IF they already had a man further and deeper into the mainframe as is? Why would they need to send a second agent to dupe their first agent and keep him from knowing it until the last second? Or when she is going through a long line of confessions, truths, and revelations, why not go ahead and tell him that?

I see only one way for this to be true then and it would explain the Six in his head not being a chip. The Six he has sex with, the Six he walked down the street with, the Six that came back, protected him, and in all ways conversed with was not real. This would make the only real Six's the one at the beginning (snapping the baby's neck) and the Six at the end that boarded the station at Ragmar or whatever it was called. This would make the Six in his head the embodiment of his Cylon agenda and a way of encapsulating the Cylon infiltrator unit into his psyche while at the same time allowing a separate, human personality to help him "get by." It is possible that all this is true because we have seen the Six in his head slam him into mirrors, grope and otherwise distract him in overtly physical ways that he could scarcely see as different from what a "real" woman would do. So she might just as easily done so in the limited scenes we saw of her in the mini-series.

This leaves only Audrey to contend with. The Six that appeared in the episode where Baltar is forced to accept his faith of God when a physical and visible-to-everyone Six appears to confirm all the wrongs he has done. Then disappears into thin air. Has any theory appeared to explain how that happened? Her glasses remained, so she was real, but no trace of her was left and she disappeared from sight of two guards set to watch her at all times.

I just don't know. It is a lot of legwork to make Baltar a cylon AND yet not. It does give us a better-organized view of how a Cylon infiltrator unit specifically a sleeper agent operates, but if he's a sleeper agent, he sure seems to consider and think on Cylons a lot.

This makes me think that the most difficult to make a cylon is the least likely based on Occum's Razor. Look for the least complications.

My theories go like this:

1) Cylons are not clones of people who lived in the 12 colonies. They are possibly clones of the original 12 "gods," but they are not clones of people who lived in the colonies, but were planted into the colonies like Boomer, the PR guy, and Xena the Reporter.

2) Cylons cannot reproduce. They can duplicate, they can mass-produce, and copy a Cylon over and over.

3) Cylons cannot copy a human being. There is something within the human being that proves impossible for them to re-engineer. I base this on the fact that we have yet to meet one human being who was human who had a Cylon copy. If you could make Cylon copies of President Adar, why bother with a cylon Sharon or a Cylon Six infiltrating defenses? Just have Adar send the fleet off on a training exercise. Easier, quicker.

4) THEREFORE, Cylons do not have family. Cylons have not been born by humans, nor two Cylons. Anyone with a family is safe from being a Cylon because thus far Cylons have proven to take great pains to get AROUND not having a family.

5) This means that both Adamas are not Cylons if either is human. If one is a Cylon, then BOTH must be.

The most likely to be Cylons are:

1) Duella - Innocent, but tough. Isolated, one of the women on board hungry for sex, and in charge of communications. She has covered for the president, she talked Adama into reuniting the fleet, and she is getting close to both the president and the old man.

2) Gaeda - Constantly doing what he's supposed to, he reminds me of the PR guy in how he might sneak his way in. He covered for Dee when she was covering the chatter that was them sneaking away the president. He was curiously positioned in the scene when Adama was shot, he seems to make mistakes at key moments and exposes their systems to a Cylon virus ostensibly to cover his own mistake that he made (quite oddly). So not only did he lose the entire fleet, but then he opened up their computers to a Cylon virus that would prove impossible to purge without completley exposing their battlestar to an enemy fleet. The only reason they escaped was because of caprica/Boomer. I think he is honestly the most likely to be a Cylon because otherwise he's just grossly incompetent.

3) Tigh's Wife - I just don't buy it. Baltar hinted that she might be, but since then she's been a conniving wench in a diehard vendetta to take over everything and gain the most power and prestige for herself. She acts so overtly human that she lacks the, "I am holier than thou" attitude of the oftentimes uppity Cylons. I honestly think that her agenda is not her own, however. Sometimes, I wonder if we don't see an angel in the Six in baltar's head and the devil in the wife of Tigh. With all the religious themes going around, I have to wonder if that isn't actually the way of it. Given how Audrey vanished into thin air and seems decidedly to be the angel of "God" and Tigh's wife seems destined to ruin Tigh (and possibly the fleet's chances anytime she has influence). And she just appeared out of nowhere, as well, thanks to supposed mysterious benefactor. Plus, she has the benefit of having been a real human being before the Cylons attacked, which according to my theories above would make her impossible to be a Cylon. A lot potentially hinges on her.

If she IS a Cylon, then literally anyone can be a Cylon because they can be cloned humans.
                                Last edited by Sisko197; 02 October 2005, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X